new to disney - need advice

kerrykm

Earning My Ears
Hi there -

We're finally taking the kids (ages 6 & 8) to Disney! I have a few transportation questions. We're flying into Orange County airport on Friday evening and spending Friday, Sat., and Sunday nights at the Grand Californian. Then on Monday a.m., we're going to San Diego (legoland) and spending the night there. Flying out of Orange County on Tuesday afternoon. I'm thinking we should take a shuttle from the airport to Disney and then rent a car on Monday. But would that be a hassle since we'd probably have to go back to the airport? Is it better to just get the car when we arrive?
Other questions: besides Disneyland, what else should we see? Universal? And any recommendations on dining?

Thanks!!!

There is an almo office in dtd. You should be able to rent a car from there. However, if you drop it off at the airport they will charge you more then if you return it to the same place. You might want to just check on the price for a weekend rental vs one day rental and shuttle costs.

We rented a car on our last trip. Through hot deals on the alamo site it was $45 for 4 days, unlimited miles. It was a small car (saturn ion), but fine for the 4 of us. We spent $7 on gas before we returned it. I had a code for $10 off the weekend rate, which helped (code D60C - should still be good). I'll be using them again next month for another trip to DL.

My dh and I, and the kidlets just got back from our first trip to DL. We rented a car for a day and drove to Sea World.
There is an Avis rental on Katella, close to DL, and alos one at the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, that one is closer than the one on Katella.
They may charge you extra for dropping off at the airport.
Have fun!
Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter