New reservation system for Universal apparently

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Just a head's up. I booked at HRH back in February for my stay at the end of August. Today I found an annual passholder rate that was better, so I called in to have my reservation changed to this rate, and they could not locate my reservation. After several minutes on hold, the phone rep came back to say that "for some reason" my reservation never imported to their new system. Apparently they were able to do this while I was on hold, and they did update my reservation to the annual passholder rate. Made me nervous though, thinking that if I hadn't called to change my rate, what would have happened at check-in? Anyone else have this experience?

I have noticed two different confirmation codes on the same reservation, depending upon where I booked it (uni site vs Lowe's, I think). One started with a letter and the other one was all numbers. When attempting to canceling a ressie online recently, only one of the confirmation codes was accepted on the screen. The other generated an error message.

So I didn't have a "problem" exactly because I had both numbers on the original confirmation page, but I'd definitely recommend saving and printing out those emails so you have both formats. Maybe this has something to do with changing systems? It has to be fairly recent though - I booked in May and changed it in June.

I modified mine July 11 to add APH rate, and now that I am looking at the confirmation it does have 2 different numbers like shh said. The original one only had the one number (all numbers).

I called the hotel rpr and asked about the change of reservation numbers

Tn told me a new reservation system was put in starting in january and
Was completed in February

The old and new reservations numbers are in place and both will work

At check in, either number can be found in the new system
Check in TM can find it in their systems

No one will have an issue if they booked prior to the new system

Do not worry. Your reservation will fine

While I was on the phone, the TM gave me my updated reservation number

Like one other poster stated , new ressie numbers have one number and rest with letters
All that booked after this conversion only have one set of letters and one number for their reservation

All with be fine for those that booked prior to January 1st

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter