New Owner booking benefit

Espiriwin

Earning My Ears
I’m currently a non-owner looking to possibly jump in on this round of incentives as a direct buy Riviera.

I think I have read on these boards before - but my search skills are failing right now - about my Guide helping me make a reservation that may not be otherwise obtainable. For example, no rooms available at my resort during a certain day/week but DVC can use their own points to get me in there and secure the closing.

Anyone know how this works? I’m sure it’s not an officially written practice but I’d like to know how to ask for what I’m asking… if that makes sense.

Thanks!

It's called a welcome home stay, if you're trying to search online. There's nothing official by Disney, but it seems to happen a lot.

Disney always leaves a few units open in case there are issues, and I think there is even a law saying they can't 100% fill every unit, but don't quote me on that last one. DVC guides can sometimes access these to book new buyers a sold-out room. It's definitely not guaranteed, and I wouldn't buy a timeshare just to get into a sold out night, but it can happen.

It’s the welcome home stay, if I were you, I’d have an ideal request and a back up or two if the request fails. They will try to accommodate the request but there is not guarantee. For example, if you requested a 2-BR club level room at AKL there is as close to a 0% chance they’d be able to do that as you can get. Good luck and don’t forget to check the referral page if you want to save a little extra too!

It's called a welcome home stay, if you're trying to search online. There's nothing official by Disney, but it seems to happen a lot.

Disney always leaves a few units open in case there are issues, and I think there is even a law saying they can't 100% fill every unit, but don't quote me on that last one. DVC guides can sometimes access these to book new buyers a sold-out room. It's definitely not guaranteed, and I wouldn't buy a timeshare just to get into a sold out night, but it can happen.
DVC does not have to leave any rooms available for issues. They can't sell 100% of the resort and must keep at least 2% of it.

But, 100 % of the rooms that have been declared must be offered to all owners from the start.

When you buy direct, they will try to help you get a reservation in the short term, if they can, so you can begin using your membership.

They can not necessarily give you one at your home resort as it all depends on what you want and when you want to travel.

For example, someone buying now might want to visit in February and go to VGF...but all the VGF rooms have been booked...if Disney hasn't already used its own points to reserve those rooms or if they did, have already rented them for cash stays, then they can't help you get a room there, but would try to get you something that is available.

In the case of RIV, it can help because they still have not 100% declared the resort and so they have rooms still owned by them to potentially give you....but, if all the rooms are booked for both cash and points, then that resort may not be an option.

When you call MS, and mention your guide has told you to find out options for your Welcome Home booking...or when they call you...they will let you know what they can do.

The purpose of it is really to help a new owner naviagate the booking process.. If you buy and then go online and book something yourself, even if it is for a different trip, you will no longer be eligible for the special help as its meant for your first booking.

I’m currently a non-owner looking to possibly jump in on this round of incentives as a direct buy Riviera.

I think I have read on these boards before - but my search skills are failing right now - about my Guide helping me make a reservation that may not be otherwise obtainable. For example, no rooms available at my resort during a certain day/week but DVC can use their own points to get me in there and secure the closing.

Anyone know how this works? I’m sure it’s not an officially written practice but I’d like to know how to ask for what I’m asking… if that makes sense.

Thanks!
I'm not positive if the program is exactly the same as it was but the rules were that they would help you secure a reservation, depending on their availability to do so, for a reservation that is 6 months or less out. You also cannot have made any reservations on your own prior to requesting the Welcome Home stay. The second you've made any reservation yourself the option is removed.
It's meant as an incentive to potential buyers to purchase when they want to visit and are within the 7 month window (6 months in this case) and there isn't availability. They cannot guarantee any resort or room size that you want but work to find something you prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter