New Member/New Promotion

Stebu

Earning My Ears
I just signed up for the DVC on Saturday with my fiancee. Lurking this board helped push me over the edge to buying in.

I just wanted to let everybody know that there's a new promotion with the buyback plan. I bought into the April use year, and Disney is buying the first year of points for $13 a point for Hilton Head and Vero Beach. I chose Hilton Head because of the lower maint fees.

...Steve

Congratulations and thanks for the additional information. I was getting a little mixed up hearing both $10 and $13 MB values.

AND WELCOME TO THE DIS BOARD! :bounce:

Welcome home and congratulations! You mentioned that you chose HH because of its lower maintenance fees. That would be attractive to me also, but while you are still in your mandatory cooling off period, I would make very sure that you are buying at the resort at which you wish to stay most. Increasingly, the 11 month window seems to really matter. If Hilton Head is where you want to go most, great. The resort looks really fantastic and I am considering adding on there. However, if you are buying Hilton Head to be able to access the on-site resorts (or even VB), you may be better to consider buying at the resort where you wish to stay most. You will be happier in the long run, even if it is a few dollars more right now and in maintenance fees.

Don't want to throw water on your great news, and welcome to the boards, but I think we would be remiss to not reiterate the best advice that these boards have to offer: buy where you will stay most! Good luck, and congratulations again!

The extra cash difference (both maint fee and the magical beginnings difference) between Hilton Head and on-property really made a difference for me. I'm hoping that my tendency to go to the parks at the lowest demand seasons will make me get my desired reservations if I call right at the 7 month mark. Please let me know if that's not the case.

...thanks, Steve

Welcome to 40 years of fun, sun and loads of laughs.........

DVC; its' a no brainer!

Steve, if it's just you and your soon to be DW, I would give you at least some encouragement, based upon my experience.

In the last 10 months, I have booked 7 trips to WDW, everything from studio to 2 BR, for either my DW and I or for relatives, all within the 7 month window. I happen to own at both OKW and BWV, it's just that the trips came up inside of 7 months, so I never needed the 11 month window.

Maybe I'm just lucky, and maybe my luck will run out. I do take the advise of the people on these boards, and buying where you want to stay is sound advise, but it certainly doesn't, at this point anyway, shut you out from other than your home resort.

The one advantage we have had is that all of the trips have been somewhat flexible, either from a resort standpoint or from a timing standpoint. If you're not etching in stone your dates and resorts, I believe you should have pretty good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter