• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New member needing booking advice!

dbm20th

Mickey's Uncle
Okay, we just joined and we are really excited! We want my whole family to go, nieces nephews the whole sha-bang!

Do you think I will be able to book 3 studios at BWV in November or December if I try the day of the 7 month window starting? Or do you think I should book it SSR? WOuld it be easier to get a 2-bedroom or the studios?

If your home resort is SSR book at the 11 month window at SSR the rooms you want.

Then the day the 7 month window opens up call back and try to get the Boardwalk for those days/rooms.

You can waitlist if it isn't all available.

I have no idea how good your chances are. But I am doing something similar for next December with multiple rooms as well.

Good Luck!

Aneille gave good advice. The same advice I received with a similar question. You can always change at the 7 month opening if they have something, but at least you will know you have accomodations either way. Good luck and welcome to the family.

Three questions as a follow up

1. Do you think it is more likely to happen in November?
2. The BWV's I am looking for are the ones called "standard view" and are less points. Do those fill up faster or slower?
3. If what I get in eventually less points than the SSR rooms, will those unused points be credited?

dbm20th said:

2. The BWV's I am looking for are the ones called "standard view" and are less points. Do those fill up faster or slower?
3. If what I get in eventually less points than the SSR rooms, will those unused points be credited?

October, November and December are busier times of the year. Standard view are the first to go from what I have seen on the board. If you use less points as long as you are more than 31 days before you vacation time they will go back into your use year. If you are less than 31 than they go into a holding account and have to be used in the use year or lost. I hope this helps you

dbm20th said:

IMHO, the chances are about the same, but November will be just a bit easier.
dbm20th said:
Standard views book up very quickly. It is very unlikely that any will still be available at the 7 month mark for either November or December. (Often they are booked by the end of the first day the 11 month window opens). Best to plan on trying for a Preferred View room.

You should also plan to call day by day as soon as MS opens for business - especially if you want multiple rooms. If any of the days are not available when you call, get on the waitlist right away. Waitlist for the individual days (not for the whole reservation to become available at once). Granted, waitlisting day by day is more risky - you might have to move, but your chances are so much better of getting what you want if you waitlist for individual days. If you call day by day and use the waitlist as necessary, you should be able to get the reservations you want.
dbm20th said:
Yes, the "excess" will go right back into your account with the same status they had before you made the initial reservation - i.e., banked, current year or borrowed. If they are current year points and your banking deadlines permit, you can bank them if you like.

Best wishes -

Do they make sure they use the current years points to put back in your account so that you are using the oldest points first?

Is getting three studios harder then getting a two bedroom?

dbm20th said:
Do they make sure they use the current years points to put back in your account so that you are using the oldest points first?
Not necessarily. Before you cancel the SSR reservation, tell the CM that you will want to bank the "excess" so would she/he please use up all the banked or borrowed points for the new reservation before using any current year points.

dbm20th said:
Is getting three studios harder then getting a two bedroom?
In my opinion, getting one 2 bedroom unit would be easier than trying to get 3 studios.

Best wishes -

I think 2 bedrooms will be easier than studios, but you never know until you try. Just be aware of your banking deadlines so that if you cancel and have points left over, you can bank them. If you have used borrowed points to make the SSR reservation, those points will remain in the current use year, and can't be banked.

I imagine that if BWV is available at the 7 month mark, it's more likely to be the preferred view and thus will cost you more points than SSR will be. I had to borrow for an SSR stay recently, and when BWV came through for me I had to borrow more. There was no sense for me to try for SV at that point, those extra points would have had to been used by the end of our use year. It worked out, we had a great preferred view of the Village Green, the front or Boardwalk side of the BWV!

This was for an end of September beginning of October stay, and I began trying to book in June, I got SSR right away. So, staying at the BWV is possible with shorter notices, even during F&W. It was the beginning of the event.

Bobbi :flower:

If you can, I'd book the studios. It will be easier to cancel one studio when the first group cancels on you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter