New Leaked layout of Super Nintendo World in Universal Orlando

Didn't Universal announce something during D23 in 2015? I could be wrong but I kinda remember them announcing a little something but nothing like a big expansion like Nintendo land.

Universal announced a few things around the time of D23 in 2015. In May 2015, Volcano Bay here and Skull Island: Reign of Kong here were announced. Then in August 2015 the Fast & Furious attraction was announced here.

This all looks super cool if it goes ahead!

I expect big things from universal over the next 5 years...it makes complete business sense.

Orlando is in another boom period. Time for more housing developments that the locals can't afford...

Wonder if they will think about 3rd gate for 2021 to combat some of the Disney expansions....not sure if that is way too aggressive of a time table though.

Wonder if they will think about 3rd gate for 2021 to combat some of the Disney expansions....not sure if that is way too aggressive of a time table though.

I don't think it's a question of "if"...my guess is they are/have been studying that now.

They have always got projects done quicker it seems. Just not sure they could open Nintendoland in the existing Studios park and at the same time complete an entire third gate....that being said I was very impressed when they were able to quickly clone Transformers while they were working on Diagon Alley.

They have always got projects done quicker it seems. Just not sure they could open Nintendoland in the existing Studios park and at the same time complete an entire third gate....that being said I was very impressed when they were able to quickly clone Transformers while they were working on Diagon Alley.

Transformers should have been easy...simply Spiderman with a different "movie" on the screens.

Transformers should have been easy...simply Spiderman with a different "movie" on the screens.

Not to mention it was a clone of the existing attraction in Hollywood....but with that logic shouldn't Epcot be able to get Ratatouille open by early next summer?

Not to mention it was a clone of the existing attraction in Hollywood....but with that logic shouldn't Epcot be able to get Ratatouille open by early next summer?

Depends on if they simply have to put up movie screens for the "scenery", or if they're actually building animatronics and true scenery.

Pretty sure the attraction is mostly screen based from videos.

Disappointing, if so. I said when we did our DVC preview of Pandora before it opened to the public...that I really liked Flight of Passage, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come at Disney too, with regards to over-dependence on screen-based rides. I much prefer true theming.

From videos it looks like it is screen based for the action but the screens are integrated into large sets. Sees fairly similar to something like Spider-Man more so than Kong

If there's any truth to this, it looks phenomenal! And it would be the first Universal expansion I've been excited about since WWOHP. I do doubt this will be on that level–HP is more of a household name, and the addition worked so well partially b/c so many kids (myself included) dreamed of becoming a part of that story. I love Nintendo and grew up playing Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, but don't think it has the same claim to fame. I'm mostly hoping that the theming will compete with Hogwarts/Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley. The Mario Kart-based attraction looks great, but how "immersive" the lands are (whether most are simple playlands, or really make guests feel they're stepping into a video game) will probably make or break the experience for me.

Unrelated: Anyone else surprised by how few Pokemon attractions there were on this map? It's easily the most merchandisable Nintendo franchise, but it seems like there's only one small area for it (possibly a playground or children's show).

Disappointing, if so. I said when we did our DVC preview of Pandora before it opened to the public...that I really liked Flight of Passage, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come at Disney too, with regards to over-dependence on screen-based rides. I much prefer true theming.

WDW currently doesn't have a single 3D screen-based dark ride, so I actually very much welcome this addition. They do have 3D simulators and movies, as well as 2D screen-based dark rides, but those are all a step down from this category. I definitely agree that an over-reliance on simulators would be a problem for Disney, but FoP happens to be the best simulator on the planet at the moment, so it qualifies as a great addition. I've yet to ride the Fallon ride at USF, but from what I've heard, it's just another simulator, of which the park already had three (DMMM, S4D, and Simpsons), so that was a bad use of resources on Universal's part IMHO.

Unrelated: Anyone else surprised by how few Pokemon attractions there were on this map? It's easily the most merchandisable Nintendo franchise, but it seems like there's only one small area for it (possibly a playground or children's show).

Nintendo does fully own Pokemon. Ownership is hsared between Nintendo and a couple other companies so Universal would have to get right/permission from all the companies that own it and not just Nintendo, whereas the others like Mario are fully owned by Nintendo.

Nintendo does fully own Pokemon. Ownership is hsared between Nintendo and a couple other companies so Universal would have to get right/permission from all the companies that own it and not just Nintendo, whereas the others like Mario are fully owned by Nintendo.

Hm, this makes sense...I forgot about GameFreak (and I'm sure there are others as well). But there was at least one Pokemon attraction according to the map. I also think Pikachu would be more recognizable to the general public than, say, Link, so he (along with Mario) would work well as an unofficial mascot for the area.

Well if this happens, it will be the addition that will bring us to visit Universal. We are huge Nintendo fans at our house.

I'm curious to see how all they use it. It has a lot o potential as there are many different IPs within the Nintendo company. And not all really fit together fully. Toon-ish ones like Mario, Donkey Kong, and Kirby (and toon Link somewhat) work together and could be paired ina land together. But Msot of the Zelda titles and Metroid would not mesh with them. You could make sublands themed to all different franchises. Kind of like how Madagascar and Shrek/Far Far Away have seperate lands at Universal Singapore instead of a general Dreamworks land

Very excited! Unfortunately by 2020, I'm afraid my gamer girl will be growing out of gaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter