New Japan restaurant

Is there any reasoning behind the restaurant itself? It's not like the other 2 are always jammed packed. I admittedly am not an expert in Japanese culture but is there a style of food that EPCOT attendees are clamoring for that is not already on menu? It just seems a strange choice is all I'm saying. It would've been better to put in an American restaurant that wasn't a QS.

Is there any reasoning behind the restaurant itself? It's not like the other 2 are always jammed packed. I admittedly am not an expert in Japanese culture but is there a style of food that EPCOT attendees are clamoring for that is not already on menu? It just seems a strange choice is all I'm saying. It would've been better to put in an American restaurant that wasn't a QS.
The other two are pretty popular. Obviously they see a demand for it.

Where are they are going to put the new restaurant? I don't see where they can put it without removing something else...

Where are they are going to put the new restaurant? I don't see where they can put it without removing something else...
New building right next to where the current restaurants are.

Not sure the exact demand but they know signature dining can bring in big$ and Japanese steaks are kind of a trend now.

So I get the idea behind this restaurant- though personally I would think upgrading one of the existing ones to this would make more sense - 4 dining options in one pavilion seems like a lot

Not sure the exact demand but they know signature dining can bring in big$ and Japanese steaks are kind of a trend now.

So I get the idea behind this restaurant- though personally I would think upgrading one of the existing ones to this would make more sense - 4 dining options in one pavilion seems like a lot

If Mitsukoshi is paying for the new resturant then It's just a win/win for Disney.

If Mitsukoshi is paying for the new resturant then It's just a win/win for Disney.

I haven't seen anyone comment on finances of the project. But, I'd bet that this is being financed by Mitsukoshi.

(For anyone unfamiliar, Mitsukoshi is the Japanese retail company that runs the retail and dining locations in Japan at Epcot. According to Wikipedia, they were founded in 1673!)

We comment on that everytime we go to EPCOT. For all the amazing food the US has to offer, from the Pacific Northwest, to BBQ, to Cajun, to East Coast Seafood and much more. And the best they can do is Liberty Inn or pretzels/funnel cakes?

We comment on that everytime we go to EPCOT. For all the amazing food the US has to offer, from the Pacific Northwest, to BBQ, to Cajun, to East Coast Seafood and much more. And the best they can do is Liberty Inn or pretzels/funnel cakes?

I believe the idea of the dining in World Showcase is that it's supposed to be archetypical for the country. Given that we're in the United States, selecting a regional cuisine to be archetypical would be difficult. I think it's intentional that the United States pavilion doesn't have any fine dining.

Plus, you can get every one of your options elsewhere at Walt Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter