New Fantasmic Seating Map and Fastpass Distribution Info

My recollection from 2015 was that we had to wait in line for about an hour or so, and then we had to stand to watch the show. It was not fun. This was in July. I remember just feeling herded around and getting different information from different cm's. I hope it's better organized this time around.

I can tell you from our experience last night that it is NOT. At least for us, we had a HORRIBLE experience just trying to get to where we were supposed to go. We literally had cast members telling us to go one way and then other cast members telling us to go the complete opposite way. This happened at least 3 times! It was ridiculous! We ended up like salmon swimming upstream because we got caught in the hoards of people leaving the first show and then we realized we had ended up in the standby area when we were supposed to be in the fast pass area. Once we got into the fast pass waiting area at the Mark Twain dock, it was better. We ended up in the last row in a sitting area only on the ground, and then they let others come and stand up right behind us. It is an amazing show, but so confusing to manuever that area of the park. I honestly started to feel very unsettled when we were stuck in the middle of mobs of people, like just thinking of how dangerous that many people packed into that small of an area is. Not to mention the inevitable bumping and pushing and shoving, it's such a frustrating and difficult experience.

I can tell you from our experience last night that it is NOT. At least for us, we had a HORRIBLE experience just trying to get to where we were supposed to go. We literally had cast members telling us to go one way and then other cast members telling us to go the complete opposite way. This happened at least 3 times! It was ridiculous! We ended up like salmon swimming upstream because we got caught in the hoards of people leaving the first show and then we realized we had ended up in the standby area when we were supposed to be in the fast pass area. Once we got into the fast pass waiting area at the Mark Twain dock, it was better. We ended up in the last row in a sitting area only on the ground, and then they let others come and stand up right behind us. It is an amazing show, but so confusing to manuever that area of the park. I honestly started to feel very unsettled when we were stuck in the middle of mobs of people, like just thinking of how dangerous that many people packed into that small of an area is. Not to mention the inevitable bumping and pushing and shoving, it's such a frustrating and difficult experience.
How early do people line up @ the Mark Twain dock, and are they being let through the turnstiles @ a certain time?

Are there two fastpass only viewing areas? Last time we saw it in 2105, we entered near Harbor Galley. I think it was the blue section, and there was also yellow.

Is that for sure? Just yesterday a CM told us it's up by Big Thunder trail. Ugh We've been here 3 days and let me tell u, if u don't get a FP you won't see this show. It's been packed to the gills!

It's where Disneyland showed it on their FB page when it reopened. But I haven't been there myself to confirm it. If you're there, hopefully you find it!

Has anyone heard about the disability viewing area?

I'm curious about this myself. I know when I did Fantasmic before the construction started they just let me sit in the Riverbell Terrace seating after I explained my issue. But it also wasn't completely full that night...

How early do people line up @ the Mark Twain dock, and are they being let through the turnstiles @ a certain time?
Sorry, I don't know. We had fastpasses for the 10:30 show and I think we should have started lining up once the 9:30 show started, then we could have avoided all the gridlock from the people exiting fantasmic and fireworks viewing area.

I'm curious about this myself. I know when I did Fantasmic before the construction started they just let me sit in the Riverbell Terrace seating after I explained my issue. But it also wasn't completely full that night...
This area is only available with a RBT Premium Seating Package.

We use to stake out a table for the show for the old Fantasmic! on the RBT.
The views not bad and it is nice to have a chair for the show.

Do they keep people from walking inbetween the terrace and the show? If not, how big of a distraction is that?

Do they keep people from walking inbetween the terrace and the show? If not, how big of a distraction is that?
For the old show there would be CM's directing people to keep walk along the area right in front. The tables and chairs are elevated and the people walking by really wasn't an issue for us.

It would be best if someone could let us know how the RBT seating is for the new show.

So where would you be if you had the hungry bear on the go dining package? It's our first time doing the quick service package

I haven't been there yet, but when we booked our reservations I asked about this and was told that pathway is for "emergency use" only. We'll see ...

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Overall I enjoyed the premium RBT package. I definitely would do it again just for the convenience. We didn't have to beat the crowds and being that we arrived at 7:40pm, there was a very minimal wait time.

They started seating at 8:00pm promptly and served drinks with a bread basket shortly after. We had our two tables next to one another and our seating was pre-arranged. I don't know if it was pre-arranged because we had a large party but nonetheless I'm glad they placed us where they did. We were seated in the very back row of tables which meant we were allowed to stand when watching Fantasmic!. This was a plus since we were able to see over everyone siting in front of us and over the foot traffic and spectators down below (Yes, the walkway below the patio is still open and used- sigh). There is a speaker system directly above the patio seating so it is LOUD!! It was so loud that you could not hear the CM's directing traffic below us. So I appreciated that.

The water projections were within view and very visible. I wouldn't say there was anything obstructed about our view besides the traffic down below but then again our tables were right in the center of the patio seating so we had a pretty good angle.

In terms of service, it was spectacular. As we entered the patio for seating we were given a RBT wristband which allowed us to have access inside and outside the patio area. Then our hostess gave everyone in our party a lanyard. There was a portable charging station on our table as well which was a nice touch.
Then our meal started off with drinks and a bread basket. Then the starter was served and then the main entree. Desserts were served right before Fantasmic! began but no one in our party touched their desserts till after the show.

Once Fantasmic! was finished we were also able to see part of the water projections for the fireworks before they were cancelled due to the wind. The fireworks, the few that were lit, however are an obstructed view.

Overall I thought it was a decent package.

This is a review of the premium RBT F! package from the other, larger F! dining package thread (Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread). On the night this poster viewed, the walkway in front of the terrace was in use, but she said the loudspeaker volume was high enough to drown out the pedestrian and CM noise.

I know it is. But because I tend to get sick when I stand for long periods (and on a really bad day 30 minutes straight like Fantasmic requires with no support can be pushing it) the CMs were nice enough to let me sit back there (I asked about disabled viewing and they seemed at a loss on what to do with me so I think they decided sticking me there was the easiest solution) since it wasn't full. My comment was in regards to someone asking about disabled viewing for the current show what they had done at least one time prior as a solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter