New Fantasmic Seating Map and Fastpass Distribution Info

You can get them, but you have to go to the kiosk like everyone else. Should be the same for WOC. :)
Yes, what I meant was that you can't get them using the app on your smartphone. I didn't realize that. Nor did I express it correctly! Thanks for clarifying...I wouldn't want to confuse anyone. :)

I sure do miss the Fantasmic reserved seating that had an actual seat! And a waiter! We got hot chocolates all night long! :cloud9: We tried the BB dining package before F! closed (when everyone got a seat cushion who did BB) and man oh man did sitting on the pavement kill my rickety back! :crutches: Can't do that again. Maybe they'll have a premiere premiere package and give me a folding chair!:beach:

I sure do miss the Fantasmic reserved seating that had an actual seat! And a waiter! We got hot chocolates all night long! :cloud9: We tried the BB dining package before F! closed (when everyone got a seat cushion who did BB) and man oh man did sitting on the pavement kill my rickety back! :crutches: Can't do that again. Maybe they'll have a premiere premiere package and give me a folding chair!:beach:
Riverbellle Terrace does have premium seating, I think just for the first 8:00pm show, where you can dine and watch the show from your seat. Maybe that would be an option for you? The premium seating is an additional $15.

I probably missed this, but just to confirm, the FP areas are note separated by color anymore, right? There used to the Blue, Yellow, and Green sections, but since F! returned, I've only seen pictures of folks with FPs that say "Reserved" on them.

Not shooting the messenger, but if this is the new F! map, then having anything but an expensive dinner package is a big fat loser. You either get shoved to an angled viewing side, or you're in standing room only behind all the dinner guests.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what it's actually like. But if this is indeed the case, it's straight up garbage. They're turning into Universal/Six Flags - those who will spend oodles more in cash get the perks.....perks that used to be/should be free to every guest who walks through the gate.

Not shooting the messenger, but if this is the new F! map, then having anything but an expensive dinner package is a big fat loser. You either get shoved to an angled viewing side, or you're in standing room only behind all the dinner guests.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what it's actually like. But if this is indeed the case, it's straight up garbage. They're turning into Universal/Six Flags - those who will spend oodles more in cash get the perks.....perks that used to be/should be free to every guest who walks through the gate.
It was like that before the refurb with the FPs and dining package.

It was like that before the refurb with the FPs and dining package.

I remember in Nov 2015 the BlueBayou and other dining packages seating being right in the middle, but it wasn't a wide area. I had a FP and got to sit very close to center, right in front of the iron fence. The new map has FP sitting way off to the sides and behind trees. I don't remember that at all. I'll have to check if I have any photos from our seat from my other computer.

I looked at the map in the link. It's vague location referencing as I see it.
Once specific info on the NEW F! viewing locations is acquired by the right DisBoard member's, we'll have a map similar to the old one.
This is the OLD one.
old F! map.JPG

That is not a good looking map. :sad2:

The new one, that is. It seems like the dining package section is a lot bigger on the new map. Am I interpreting it wrong?

Last edited:
Yeah, that 'updated' map is really vague. The dining sections do get center viewing but their area is not that big.

I looked at the map in the link. It's vague location referencing as I see it.
Once specific info on the NEW F! viewing locations is acquired by the right DisBoard member's, we'll have a map similar to the old one.
This is the OLD one.
View attachment 254852

Yeah, we were in the black section of the map. That was right before F! Went dark. Here's a pic. It's blurry, but it shows that we're in front of the iron fence and far from those trees....which is where the new F! map has us.
upload_2017-7-21_21-50-47.png

Is there any more recent info for Fantasmic! that is specifically for normal fastpasses? I've read the dining Fantasmic! thread but don't want to pay for the dining packages. The only thing I have really read is get your fastpass first thing or they will run out.

I had a fastness for the 10:30pm show last night and the FP area was the area directly to the right of the dinning packages and it stretched down towards the petrified tree. there were 2 taped off sections that were seated and the rest of the area was standing. Areas that were originally part of the yellow and blue FP zones behind the control tower appeared to be standby only now.

For reference the Fps for the 9pm show finished distributing at 9:05am yesterday, which I think is because they are not giving out as many fast passes since some of the fastness areas appear to have been changed into standby viewing.

We were there the day before Fantastic! returned and got to see one of the soft openings. Guests who were at D23 were given the areas normally reserved for the dining packages. Disabilities were seated to the very corners of the viewing area. It was in the old smoking area near Haunted Mansion. I felt a bit like I was back in Sea World Orlando and cast to the side. We were not able to see nearly as much as the people in the middle. It also took quite a bit of time to actually locate disabled seating. Some CM's kept sending us one way and management insisted it was the other way, but neither group was sure. My DH and I were just happy to see it though, since when we lived in Orlando we saw their version a million times but never DLR's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!