New Disney Genie

You tell you bank / credit card before you travel. I have been doing this for years, its one of my things to do before a trip. Some banks even have the option in the online banking dashboard. You put in the date you leave your home country, where you are traveling to and when you are coming back home. Its then noted on the banks / credit card system and the cards don't get blocked.

great suggestion!!

You tell you bank / credit card before you travel. I have been doing this for years, its one of my things to do before a trip. Some banks even have the option in the online banking dashboard. You put in the date you leave your home country, where you are traveling to and when you are coming back home. Its then noted on the banks / credit card system and the cards don't get blocked.
Last time I went abroad in 2019, I could do the above for one card but the other said to just use it at the airport before departure. This year both cards said to do this with no option to tell them, so once I got airside I used one for a coffee and the other for a chapstick (which I'd forgotten to pack). It's a bit of a pain if you don't actually want to buy anything, but ...

Check you own bank's help pages to see what they advise/require.

I received the following from a CM using online chat about the ‘tip’ issue.

We are so sorry for the difficulty. We are aware that the Top Tips functionality is not working for UK guests. This has been reported and escalated to our technical team to fix. At this time, we do not know when this will be fixed but we hope it will be soon. We do encourage to keep checking the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter