New Check-In Procedures for DCP

wmp55

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, my name is Whitney and I am leaving soon for the 2017 Fall Advantage DCP at Walt Disney World. I did the Fall 2015 DCP and loved every minute of it.
I've heard and read that there is a new check-in process for the DCP. What should I expect from the new check-in and how does it all work now?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

It's all very simple now. About a week prior to her arrival, my dd got an email with her check-in time, and apt complex. She checked in right at her apt complex. It took about 8 mins...dad and I never got out of the car, just parked and waited. But, be sure not to arrive early...the guards won't let you in!!! They will send you away! After check-in, we drove to her apt, and started unloading. She had to go to Casting about 25 mins after check-in. She walked to the bus stop to get there! She was gone about 90 mins. Later that afternoon, she had drug testing, which lasted about 30 mins.
It was all really easy...very little down time.

This new check-in process sounds amazing. For 2016 Spring Advantage, it was still the old way with everyone at Vista, and just the check-in/learn location and complex/get housing ID took at least an hour to get through. It was super stressful - I'm so excited for this!!

It's all very simple now. About a week prior to her arrival, my dd got an email with her check-in time, and apt complex. She checked in right at her apt complex. It took about 8 mins...dad and I never got out of the car, just parked and waited. But, be sure not to arrive early...the guards won't let you in!!! They will send you away! After check-in, we drove to her apt, and started unloading. She had to go to Casting about 25 mins after check-in. She walked to the bus stop to get there! She was gone about 90 mins. Later that afternoon, she had drug testing, which lasted about 30 mins.
It was all really easy...very little down time.
Thank you so much for your response! That sounds so much easier and a much more streamlined process. I ranked my housing preferences today, it's getting so close, I'm so excited!!! Thank you again.

This new check-in process sounds amazing. For 2016 Spring Advantage, it was still the old way with everyone at Vista, and just the check-in/learn location and complex/get housing ID took at least an hour to get through. It was super stressful - I'm so excited for this!!
Yeah, I'm excited to see the new check-in. I remember being at Vista Way and being so nervous about finding out my work location!!! It'll be nice to not have it take so long and to know which apartment complex we get ahead of time!

You will also find out your work location via email prior to arrival. :)
My dd didn't get her job location prior to getting there. She knew she was in attractions, but not where. She was lucky because an existing CM checked online to see where she would be....her placement changed a few times between the week prior to checkin right up to the day of!

My dd didn't get her job location prior to getting there. She knew she was in attractions, but not where. She was lucky because an existing CM checked online to see where she would be....her placement changed a few times between the week prior to checkin right up to the day of!

Just wanted to make a note: It is strongly advised against having current CM's check online to find out yours or anyone else's job placement ahead of being told during move-in day. There have been some cases of people getting their acceptances revoked/CM's being fired for doing so, with the crux of it being (to my knowledge) the unauthorized release of company information.

Not calling out your daughter in particular - just that this is a point that always comes up around this time of year, and one that current and former CM's address in the Facebook groups.

Just wanted to make a note: It is strongly advised against having current CM's check online to find out yours or anyone else's job placement ahead of being told during move-in day. There have been some cases of people getting their acceptances revoked/CM's being fired for doing so, with the crux of it being (to my knowledge) the unauthorized release of company information.

Not calling out your daughter in particular - just that this is a point that always comes up around this time of year, and one that current and former CM's address in the Facebook groups.
Umm, my dd never asked anyone to do that! Someone volunteered info...in fact, it was someone we really didn't know! We know the ramifications of asking a CM to do something like this! And never would we ask someone to jeopardized their job just to get a heads up as to job placement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter