new ap program with ap going to expire just prior?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Hi all

I plan to call WDW tomorrow - but I am one of the few who buy the ap for admissions - I use it enough. That said, I book the room I want for the time I want to go and then if a discount comes up I either apply it or sometimes upgrade. Soooo I went to book my December vacation with the new program - realizing I am one of the few for whom it works well for and I can't!I went to the passholder website to book my room for our traditional Christmas trip and since my ap expires on Dec 4th I can't.

So even though I am the suppossedly perfect candidate and have every intention of renewing my ap I can't book now and get the new guarantee.

I was not prepared to complain but I must say I am very dissapointed and if I get a hassle this will be our "hint" to visit elsewhere. Again, in the past I had no problem booking the room I wanted and then 'if" a discount became available I would change. Now - they roll out a program that does what I have done all along and the system won't let me.

So - is there anyone else who has had trouble booking December? Is that too far out or is the website correct in not letting me book past my expiration date?

This just seems crazy to me, If I have to wait until I renew - I won't get the guarantee for my Christmas vacation. If WDW looks at my history they will see that our family has had AP's for several years and will likely renew.

Honestly if they can't offer this program to someone loyal like me, I will probaby not renew and take advantage of this "chance" and vacation at the other parks.
TJ

From what I can gather, I don't think it's because your AP expires before your desired dates, it's because you can only book AP best rate online through 11/26/05.

When I played with the system yesterday I found it wouldn't process a request with an arrival date later than Nov 26. The error message stated something to the effect that I needed to enter new dates and try again. So perhaps as the previous poster said, it was your arrival date that was the problem.

So, what error message are you getting? Does it specifically say that you cannot book anything because of your AP's expiration date? I am very interested to know because I was curious about this very thing -- what happens if you try to book something when your AP will expire during your trip and I would like to know if the Best Rates web app is checking for that.

Thanks.

LisaS,

That's weird because I just got on and under the Passholder Best Rate Program put in Nov 26-Nov 30 and selected Polynesian and it pulled up rates and everything for it. Here is what it says:

Passholder Best Rate Program - Rooms must be booked at least 120 days in advance and a non-refundable deposit of 1-night's room charge and tax must be paid at the time of booking. Currently this Program is only available for arrivals through 12/19/05. The number of rooms and nights available for this Program is limited and rooms are not available every night. This Program is subject to change or discontinuance at any time and without notice. Passholder must present valid Pass at check in. Please check our Terms and Conditions for important information.

Disney's Polynesian Resort Resort Total: $1,984.72†

Take the Virtual Tour Arriving on 11/26/05 for 4 nights
1 Adult

Waterfalls and lush gardens reflect the South Seas essence of this lavish resort. Offers monorail service to the Magic Kingdom® Park, just across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Resort Category: Deluxe
Room Type: Lagoon View Room
Special Rate Type: Passholder Best Rate Program
Ticket Type: None
Package Type: None

Includes Disney's Magical Express!

MagicKingdom05 said:
LisaS,

That's weird because I just got on and under the Passholder Best Rate Program put in Nov 26-Nov 30 and selected Polynesian and it pulled up rates and everything for it.
It works fine if your arrival date is Nov 26 or earlier, as is the case with the dates you used. If you enter an arrival date of Nov 27 or later, then it does not work and you get this message:

To book this special offer, your arrival date must be on or before November 26, 2005. Please change your dates, or click on the Tickets and Reservations above to book our regular packages, or call (407) 939-7675.

Note that this text is displayed just below a paragraph of text that states:

Currently this Program is only available for arrivals through 12/19/05.

which leads one to expect that entering an arrival date greater than or equal to Nov 27 but earlier than or equal to Dec 19 should work, but currently they do not seem to.

So either the statement "arrivals through 12/19/05" is incorrect or the application is incorrectly rejecting arrival dates greater than Nov 27. I did send them an email Fri evening about this so hopefully someone will fix it soon!

P.S. I love the photos of Daisy and Rose!

Cool - looks like I was assuming it was because of my AP date. I will wait until December becomes available and see what happens.

Thanks all

TJ

tjmw2727 said:
Cool - looks like I was assuming it was because of my AP date. I will wait until December becomes available and see what happens.

Thanks all

TJ
I heard back from Disney today with an answer that had nothing to do with the issue about the conflicting dates (Nov 26/Dec 19) on the Best Rates web site. So I replied back, emphasizing that I am reporting an inconsistency on their web site. I'll let you know if I hear back. Meanwhile it's worth while to check the web site once a day anyway to see if the bug is fixed (or the text is changed).

I just booked a stay for November using the new AP program and the AP that I used to sign in with expires in October. I will be renewing, but didn't have to before the reservation.

arminnie said:
I just booked a stay for November using the new AP program and the AP that I used to sign in with expires in October. I will be renewing, but didn't have to before the reservation.

Thanks that itself is very reassuring for me!!
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter