Never say never again... Dreaming away the seasickness (Dec 15-19)

Canadian Girl 77

Hoping for some pixie dust
Three and a half years ago we went on our first cruise. We did a the one-week Eastern cruise on the Magic. DD loved it! DH, not so much because I was a mess during the trip. I was on medication for my Crohn's disease and got to experience one of the less common side effects of the medication - severe motion sickness.

I hated when the ship was moving. This was a complete surprise. I grew up in Bermuda ON little boats.

I'm no longer on that medication.

We were at Disney with DH's family in April/May this year. We bought annual passes for Universal and had a "just the three of us" add on after our Disney Family Week. I also did a short trip to Orlando for work in July and visit Disney with my best friend.

We were trying to decide what to do in the Fall/Winter. DD really wants to visit Atlantis. DH and I have been to Bahamas and aren't chomping at the bit to go back for 4-5 day. I'd like to go to Bermuda but that's not the best time for a visit. We have those Universal annual passes that are still valid - but there was an incident on the Rip Rocket Rollercoaster on our second last day in May so we weren't sure DD would be willing to go on a coaster again.

So, we went to Canada's Wonderland. The kid is not terrified of coasters. So, theme parks are back on the table.

After some family discussion and research, I came up with another idea.

4-day cruise on the Dream. Now we can go to Atlantis - for just a day! DD can hang out in the kids clubs (which she LOVED last time) and DH and I can have some couple time. After our cruise we are going to spend some time at Universal.

We're flying down on Saturday, December 13 and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We may do Mickey's Christmas Party on the 14th. We're going to have a car drive us to port on the 15th. Enjoy the cruise until the 19th. Then, we're off to Hard Rock at Universal until the 24th. We'll be home in time for Christmas with the extended families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter