Needing Help!

liltoot

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to Disney World since 2010 due to caring for people at home.
I feel like a fish out of water. I don't know anything about Disney anymore.
Any advice on how to get started planning for a trip in December 2019 would be appreciated.
Anything on the Magic Bands, parks etc....
Thanks so much.

I haven't been to Disney World since 2010 due to caring for people at home.
I feel like a fish out of water. I don't know anything about Disney anymore.
Any advice on how to get started planning for a trip in December 2019 would be appreciated.
Anything on the Magic Bands, parks etc....
Thanks so much.
The Theme Parks board is where you want to start if you have questions about Magic Bands and new attractions, FastPass Plus and changes to ticket upgrades.

There have been relatively few changes to the resorts (no new ones have been added) but there have been renovations to several of them. Check the Resorts Board for new info.

If you've done child swap at any attractions, there have been changes to how it is handled. Check the Disney for Families board for details.

If you used a GAC in the past, it is now called a DAS and it does not work the same way. Check the DISabilities board for the differences in how they are done.

We haven't booked anything yet. We like to stay at the Beach Club. I'm 62 and my husband is 69 so we don't have any little ones coming with us. We started going with our son in 1990. I was hooked and they had to drag me on the plane to go home. No visits since 2010. We would like to plan a trip for December 2019 for our 45th anniversary. People used to ask me for advice and now I don't know anything. I don't know about pin codes (if they still call them that). I would like to take advantage of a free dining plan if we could. Going during low season. The prices have gone up since we were there. :crazy: So I need to take advantage of any deals I can find. I don't now anything about the Magic Bands and booking ahead for Fast Passes. Thanks for any help.

Check out www.mousesaver.com. So much information! We are going December 2019 too. You have to plan even more early these days so this is a good time to start. If you think you might go more than once, maybe consider 1 of you getting a season pass? Check mousesaver and discount on rooms. There is also the Christmas Party and many Christmas things that you might want to research! How long are ya'll going? Are you military at all? www.allearnet.com is good place to study too.

I go on Mousesaver and I get the Birnbaum book. We usually don't get a rental car. We used to get FL Tours for transportation back and forth from the airport.
When do they let you book for December 2019 and when would discounts come out for that time of year? I would like to get free dining if we could.
I have booked through Disney and also through Travel Agents. A couple times through an agency mentioned on Mousesaver.
Do they still do pin codes attatched to your name?
I'm thinking with the Star Wars opening around that time it will book quicker.
So you like the Magic Bands? Do you find booking the Fast Passes ahead of time helps. It seems hard for me to figure out where I will be months in advance. I am getting old.:scared: Is it always a long wait if you don't use a Fast Pass?
Have the crowds increased a lot since we were there in 2010 even in the off season?
Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

Y
I go on Mousesaver and I get the Birnbaum book. We usually don't get a rental car. We used to get FL Tours for transportation back and forth from the airport.
When do they let you book for December 2019 and when would discounts come out for that time of year? I would like to get free dining if we could.
I have booked through Disney and also through Travel Agents. A couple times through an agency mentioned on Mousesaver.
Do they still do pin codes attatched to your name?
I'm thinking with the Star Wars opening around that time it will book quicker.
So you like the Magic Bands? Do you find booking the Fast Passes ahead of time helps. It seems hard for me to figure out where I will be months in advance. I am getting old.:scared: Is it always a long wait if you don't use a Fast Pass?
Have the crowds increased a lot since we were there in 2010 even in the off season?
Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.
You can book a hotel room up to 499 days in advance, so you might be a little early for December 2019. If you want to rent a DVC villa, booking for those begin 11 months prior to the arrival date.

You can find a section on Mousesavers that includes historical discount info. Check there to see when December discounts have been offered in the past.

They do not send PIN codes any more. They do send Unique Offer Codes but they are extremely rare.

MBs are okay but nothing that I'm in love with. It beats pulling out your ticket every time you enter a fast pass line but otherwise they are just meh. They leave a tan line if you wear them on your wrist and that can look a little odd when you get home but there's no law that says you have to wear them.

Booking advance FP+ is necessary if you want any of the headliners. Check the Theme Parks board for tips. Crowds have become insane at times and just tolerable at others. Rides that were practically walk-on in the past now have 30-40 minute standby wait times thanks to FP+.

Really, a lot of your questions can be answered on the other boards that I've mentioned. Very little has to do with budgeting. I encourage you to explore those other boards so that you can get a complete idea of how things are working at Disney now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!