Need your help-BWV or VWL

Kerlynne

DIS Veteran
I know there probably is no wrong answer here, but since I can't make up my mind, thought I come and ask for your opinions.
This December will be our first time Home at BWV. Since it will be at Cmas time, we couldn't decide whether to go home, or savor the sights at VWL, since that allows ya to feel more Christmasy.
We were put on the wait list on VWL to just see what happens. Well, we are now able to go over there. So now we have to decide to go to VWL or BWV. :scratchin And although we are coming back in May, I feel partial to have out first trip down, to be at the BWV. But then I say, heck VWL is so much smaller, and may be harder to get in (esp at Cmas time) at another time.
OF course my thought was to win both ways, was to split it. But DH thinks that will be a hassle, since we probably won't have a car (hoping to fly). since we have MVMCP early in the week, thought it would be smart to start at VWL and then go to BWV, later when we want to be at Epcot.
So, I guess I would like to know is...
1. It a hassle to get bags to another resort (how does that work) I was thinking to move resorts on a day, we weren't going to the parks, so not to waste a day.
2. do we make first trip down, at our home resort.
3. Spend the week at VWL.
:confused3
I think the biggest tug of war for me is because we are from Jersey so, I like the VWL because it's cold here; need the fireplace at Christmas (like VWL), to get me in the mood. At the same rate, we live near the beach (which is like BWV). :headache: So that's why I love both places. Whattcha think?

Don't get hung up on "home" resort. The BWV and VWL are more like hotels anyway (which is one reason we love them both).

If you have two trips planned and can spend one at the VWL in December, you should jump at the chance. We spent Christmas there last year and our family loved it. There is no place like the VWL for the holidays. (BTW, we own at both)

On the other hand, if you stay at the BWV it is very well known for it's outstanding holiday decorations as well (along with the Grand Floridian).

With an upcoming trip in May, stay at the VWL for this trip and the BWV in May. That way you get to experience both resorts and the VWL at it's absolute best.

HBC

December is special at both resorts. We own BWV and would also like to stay at VWL some time.

My advice is to stay at VWL this time since you have the opportunity now and the holiday season really is special at VWL.

Don't switch resorts, especially if your DH is cool to the idea. In the unikely event something just doesn't go right with the transfer, it willjust put a damper on the trip. Not worth it! Just plan on BWV for your next trip in May.

All that said, December at BWv is also special - we love walking home from the Candlelight Processional and IllumiNations. We love walking home after Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights, too! Even though the Holiday decorations are said to be spectacular at VWL, they are also pretty darn special at the BWV, too. AND you are within walking distance of the BC, YC, Swan & Dolphin resorts - they do pretty good at the Christmas stuff, too.

Even so, were I in your spot, I'd stay at VWL this trip. Nothing like a "bird in the hand". Might not get the opportunity again - december is tough to book at VWL. Next december I'd stay home at BWV After that, I'd know exactly which I prefered for the Holiday trips - andI bet you'll still have a hard time choosing, LOL!

BottomLine: You said it yourself - you can't go wrong (unless you decide to stay at both this time and run into a problem or don't like being without a room for most of one day. I hate that!) :teeth:

Best wishes -

Well, I think you can see what I chose! LOL

We had planned this for a while, as VWL is just incredible at the holidays (though BWV is great too....just in a different way....) and now that we live in the south I feel like I need a bit of that woodsy home feeling at the holidays, just like back in PA....except that we know a blizzard won't keep us from getting home when we need to. Granted though...our house here in SC is surrounded by pine trees and we can see a lake from our front porch....so besides the heat its not really that different from living up north.

I think we'll be there at the same time...so if you decide to take the VWL, we'll see you there!

Oh, I just saw that you won't have a car....hmmm...perhaps the first 2 nights at VWL then the rest at BWV? Its not a problem at all to move if you don't mind packing and unpacking...and being left without a room for a large portion of one day. We've done it often....really didn't bother me the first couple of times but now I want to stay in one place. If you want just one place and really want to spend a lot of time in Epcot and MGM I'd stick with BWV.

Its all about what you want most!

Thank you so much for your insight. We called today, and changed our reservation to VWL. This will be our first visit to Disney with not doing the parks everyday(usually would do commando style), so I will reserve those days, to visit the other resorts to see the decorations. :hyper:
Just so i know, would Disney take your luggage to other resort, if we ever decide to split a future visit? Anyone ever have a problem with lossing stuff that way?

Originally posted by Kerlynne
Just so i know, would Disney take your luggage to other resort, if we ever decide to split a future visit? Anyone ever have a problem with lossing stuff that way?

Disney is always happy to transfer luggage and belongings between resorts. Just contact bell services and let them know what you need and where it needs to go. I have done this and have never lost anything. I have nver even heard of anyone on this board saying they have lost anything.

Have fun. You will love the VWL during the holidays.

HBC

Originally posted by Happy Birthday Cat
Disney is always happy to transfer luggage and belongings between resorts. Just contact bell services and let them know what you need and where it needs to go. I have done this and have never lost anything. I have nver even heard of anyone on this board saying they have lost anything.

Have fun. You will love the VWL during the holidays.

HBC
IIRC, ducklite has recently posted about a problem with the Disney luggage transfer and will never trust it again. If I can find her post, I'l l add it later.

Best wishes -

editted to add:

Found it - here's the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=661945&highlight=+luggage

I know there are many, many guests who have had their luggage successfully moved by Disney. However, I'm with ducklite - for me, cab fare is more than worth it not to have to worry (or go through the hassle if I'm the 1 in a million that has a problem. Actually, I hate to move and not have a room for most of the day so I won't do it at all unless there is a very, very compelling reason!

Have fun at the VWL!

My advice is to stay at VWL in December and BWV in May. While at WDW in December, take the time to visit all the resorts because the holiday decorations are truly spectacular! Well worth the price of a trip to WDW. In May, the BWV will be perfect because there is more activity on the Boardwalk, the weather is better, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter