• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to Vent - Some Friend! LONG

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
I recently told a very good friend of mine that we were returning to the HRH for 5 nights. We went last year and to WDW as well. The time before that was 9 years ago. I didn't think we would be going back again. My husband just HATES the heat and doesn't ride any rides. But he said lets go since the rest of us love it so much (no WDW, no extra $$). Now this friend knows all of this and how much I loved HRH and US/IOA and wanted to go back and how thrilled that my DH even suggested we go. She has to tell me that this wealthy couple and their children (that they just came back from vacation with, another story) just hated HRH. That because HRH allows dogs their room smelled of dog and had a big pee stain in the rug. I said that could happen anywhere, getting a bad room. She said they just HATED the whole Universal thing. She knew from last year how much I liked it. I defended all the reasons why we liked it so much,( no need to list you know why) and she said that there are other places to go. Tell me that wasn't rude. I don't even know these people and I didn't ask her for anyone else's opinion on the HRH or Universal. Should I say something or just ignore it? I think I will not take her calls for a few days at least. Sorry this is so long.

Just ignore it. There is nothing you can say that will change her mind. Some people just don't understand:p

We go to parks all over the place. Every single one of them has good points and bad points. Some people see more good than bad and that's just the way it is.

I'm always happy just to be on a vacation!

Some people are impossible to please. Your "friend" may be a bit jealous and feels a need to take you down a notch or two. Just take the high road on that one. If she does it again, then I would say something.

As far as the animal smells or stains - did those very wealthy people have enough sense to request another room?

Make sure you request a pet free floor. Certain floors allow pets.

Enjoy your trip!:)

Enjoy your vacation and ignore supposed friend its always the same some people think their opinion is everyones :jester:

Some people just don't have the ability to be happy for other people. Do you find that she's happier when you're not? I have a friend like that.

I hope you have a great time on vacation, and then come back and tell her all about how great it was!

Some people just aren't very nice. I'd just ignore her for awhile. If she brings it up again next time you talk to her, just laugh and say something like "Well, we would never let a pee stain ruin our entire vacation and make us hate a place, so I'm sure me and my family will be just fine...thanks anyway, I guess". Seriously, you'd think if the pee stain & dog smell made them that upset, they'd have requested another room. I can understand someone being turned-off by that but it's not a difficult problem to take care of. So silly. :rolleyes:

Anyway, have a wonderful vacation. :D

Sounds to me that she is jealous that you are looking forward to going and she wants you to be as misrable (can't spell) as she is....ignore her comments & enjoy our planning... as well as your trip!!! When you come back... tell her a little white lie...such as how lucky you were to be upgraded ...just a little white lie LOL:yo-yo:

You will not be as silly as the "wealthy" people who had a terrible room--you would politely ask to be changed--anyways--what does being wealthy do to add credibility to one;s opinion???this persons logic is seriously in doubt--there are many people who have opinions one way or the other---what is important to you and your group is all that matters-- the only way to respond to that "friend" is to laugh and shrug it off--who cares? we are a family that absolutely loves to visit national parks and appreciate nature but we can also love a great time at at theme park--I know some people who get a real "better than thou" attitude toward the parks--we dont care--we love them and include them every few years--you will have a ball on your visit and that's all you need to drive that "friend" insane--no little white lies needed!! be true to yourself--period. HAVE FUN!!!:cool:

We have the same thing happen to us when we are getting ready for a cruise. Friends of ours took one cruise and had a terrible time. Whenever we mention that we are cruising and how excited we are, we get the "why do you like to cruise so much?" speech. :mad:

Just ignore the friend now, and when you return...brag, brag, brag! Until they experience something for themselves, they can't be the judge.

Thanks for the heads up about the pet rooms. I know that my husband wouldn't like to be in a room where pets have been. Although we have two dogs, we like to vaction pet (and smell) free.:teeth:

BTW - My husband and I are also afraid of some rides, but we are taking the teens because they have always wanted to go to IOA.

I would take a room at the Hard Rock with 10 Dogs in the room with me if it meant that I got to stay there!!!!

As any person will tell you there are some people that are never happy. Her other friend could have different standards then the rest of us NORMAL people.

Your friend is jealous plain and simple. Relax your going on Vacation!!!!!! Send her a postcard :hyper:

WOW, some people just amaze me!! Funny thing though........ in my experience it's usually other family members who "poo poo" on our excitement. Frankly, I have trouble believing your friend......... my experience at the Loews hotels have NEVER seemed to indicate that they'd allow such things. The hotels are much classier than that......... obviously her "wealthy" friends must have inherited thier money, because they didn't have the intelligence enough do anything about the "problems"!!! RIGHT!! I tend to doubt any truth at all in the "story". Also, just as an FYI to other posters........... All the hotels allow pets, however they are restricted to a certain floor. On our trips we have NEVER once seen a dog, "evidence" of a dog, or heard a dog. Also, they accomodate you in every way........ my ds is allergic to dander, and we requested a pet free , non- smoking, view of the hulk, high floor room, and all was granted!!

I think your "friend" is jealous period. My first reaction is to say that you should continue to purposely rub her nose in your trip plans............ hee hee, but that is mean........... OH YEAH, she was mean to you........... so go ahead.................... tell her every single, itty bitty, miniscule detail.......... then tell her again!!!!!! OH, and one more thing.......... while you are at US/IOA, send her an I wish you were here postcard............... :teeth:

I had a "friend" exactly like that. Had being the operative word. EVERYTHING I did she found fault with. I love cruises and so she made sure to tell me how tacky and stupid she thought the one she went on was. I bought a car with a DVD system in it for the kids and she had to tell me that she prefers to "talk" with her kids and have them read or play games while driving. The final straw was when a group of my friends went to see a comedy play. At the end, while we were in the lobby, she turned to me and said "You sure do laugh loud". That was it. My friends were speechless. I realized that she was jealous for unknown reasons and not a nice person. I hate to go camping but if my friends like it then I don't rain on their parade!

By the way, we absolutely love Universal. :D

And I too think the dog smell story was exaggerated! And the HRH would never have forced them to stay in it if they were unhappy. They tried to book me into a room that allowed dogs but they asked me upfront about pet allergies and changed my room immediately when I stated that my son has asthma.

I agree with all the previous posters-- sounds to me like jealousy peeking through. I would understand if a friend was trying to give me constructive help (in other words, watch out for the pet floors at Universal bc this is what happened to another couple...). But in this case it seems like it was thinly veiled criticism, from the mention of the other couple's wealth (I agree with cruelladephilly on that one) to the "suggestion" you go somewhere else..Sounds very junior high to me.

If this is a one time thing with this friend and you value her, you may want to go with "thanks for the heads up. If we have the same problem we'll try to get our rooms changed..." If she keeps on going down the path of negativity, implicitly comparing you and her other travel friends, I would calmly say something like "X, our last trip had no such problems and we've heard nothing but wonderful things about HRH. I'm sure that if something pops up we'll be able to deal with it. Is there something else going on here, because it seems as if you just don't want us to go to Universal. You keep on mentioning this other couple... Have I done something wrong? I'm just feeling a bit attacked here, almost as if you're saying we're not as classy or discerning as this other couple." It puts it on the table and lets you work through it. When that happened with a friend of mine, I did the whole conversation thing, above. We talked and I realized I had totally worn her out with my constant trip planning info. and that she had lashed out at me because she didn't know how to tell me that she found that I was being inconsiderate. She understood I didn't mean to be, and that I'm not an inconsiderate person, but, like you, I was really excited about my trip and I just didn't realize that she felt left out and imposed upon. She really didn't want to go on my trip, but was jealous of my excitement which she could only share so much in. I totally understand, cuz I feel that way just watching the Travel Channel :) In the end, I apologized for taking up so much of our time together kvetching and strategizing, and we were good. :)

She's just jealous. She's putting down the place because SHE'S NOT GOING!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter