Need Some Positive DVC Feedback

until we bought DVC we never seemed to take family vacations. Now that we own and I have already spent the money I know I will find time to make the trip. And these are real quality trips with our children while we can still enjoy seeing disney through the eyes of our kids. Memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. sounds sappy i know, but my wife and I don't have any such memories from my childhood. I have never regreted my purchase not for one second:goodvibes

Overall Disney operates at a consistently high standard for guest experience. However they are probably held to a higher standard than any other theme park operator when it comes to guest experience. And this group here is at the front of the line in terms of knowing just how good they can be.

So while we are harsh at times, it is because we know and appreciate the extraordinarily high quality of a visit to WDW.

We may never have bought a timeshare if it were not for DVC. We were very skeptical, but thought that if anyone would do it right, it would be Disney. Now we wish we had bought when we first toured in 1992. It took us ten years to revisit that decision and purchase.

When we moved from PA to Orlando in 2006 we wondered if we would retain our DVC membership or divest and buy more Marriott time. Well in February 2007 we added when AKV went on sale and sold our Aruba timeshare (at a profit!!). We would not have done that if we were not delighted to spend more vacation time with DVC.

Thankyou all for the many responses.

After doing some future vacation scenarios, we decided that we needed to add a few more points to really be able to vacation the way we have been over the past few years. We usually stay at least 10 nights. So to still qualify for the incentives we added an additional 60 points.

Your positive feed back was a big plus in knowing we made the correct decision.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We bought VWL in 2001 and just recently bought BCV. WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our DVC. This year we will be going 4 times. We have 2 kids in college and our youngest just started at a College Prep High School so with 3 school tuitions we never would have been able to vacation anywhere!!! It was truly one of the very best things we ever did. (now don't get me wrong it is not perfect but we don't care!!)

Thankyou all for the many responses.

After doing some future vacation scenarios, we decided that we needed to add a few more points to really be able to vacation the way we have been over the past few years. We usually stay at least 10 nights. So to still qualify for the incentives we added an additional 60 points.

Your positive feed back was a big plus in knowing we made the correct decision.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

WOO HOO!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

That being said - some of the changes that are being discussed on the boards are changes that have significant impact for some members. The banking changes are affecting some members, and there isn't much they can do about it. Many DVC'ers use points to stay at non-DVC resorts for an extra night, special trip, whatever - and the new fee is a big change. Please don't interpret our grumblings as writing off the whole program - we simply are discussing the impacts of these changes and venting. It also allows us to find out how we can let DVC know how we feel. This week there just seems to be a lot of changes coming along and we are a vocal bunch!;)

Dumb question here. Has there been a mailing to DVC owners about all of these changes yet? 'Cuz we haven't received anything... I keep seeing things here on the DIS about changes but shouldn't we receive something in writing from DVC outlining these changes?! Did we miss something? Do I need to call and ask for a package to be re-sent?!

OH, and we're new members this year at SSR too - have only had 1 DVC trip so far but our only regret is that we didn't buy in years ago when we could've saved some money! :thumbsup2 (Hoping to do an add-on one day at AKV...)

DVC is an outstanding purchase for anyone. We bought our week at SSR in 2006. Our first trip was in December. I am already working on a plan to add more points at another resort.

A little history. We bought our first time share in NH in 1998. We love that week. It's in October at the hight of foliage season. The only part that we do not like is trying to rent it out when we can't use it. We have had limited success. Last year it went unrented.

We bought a second timeshare at Cypress Pointe which is a mile from Downtown Disney. This is another nice unit. However, we have had difficulty getting down to Florida every year. This unit has gone unused from time to time as a result. Last year was the first time we rented it to cover our maintenance fees. That went ok. We have been trying to sell that unit for three years now with no success. We are even only asking 2500 for a unit we paid 9k.

Last year we decided to purchase DVC. Now you might think we are a little crazy with the timeshares, and to take on a third is crazy. The reason we purchased at DVC is my DW would rather be onsite. My reason for the purchase was the ability to rent via this board. It seems that renting these units works well.

I believe you made an investment for vacations as well as you can cover costs when you can't go.

Good job.

Dumb question here. Has there been a mailing to DVC owners about all of these changes yet? 'Cuz we haven't received anything... I keep seeing things here on the DIS about changes but shouldn't we receive something in writing from DVC outlining these changes?! Did we miss something? Do I need to call and ask for a package to be re-sent?!

Since we just bought in the last week, we heard of the changes when we were closing. My guess would be that because the changes don't go into effect until January 2008 a mailing will be sent out before the end of the year. Just my guess though......

Buying into DVC has been great for our family!! Sure there are things that will irritate you at times but overall the GOOD outweighs the bad!!!
We have since doubled our points and do not regret it at all. We have taken vacations elsewhere but by far have had some of our best memories at disneyworld. We are heading down again in less than 2 weeks to stay at AKV and are so excited. :cool1:
You most likely WILL NOT REGRET your decision!!!!!
Wishing you many happy memories to come :goodvibes

We initially bought VWL in December, 2001 and added SSR a few years ago.....we've made good use of our points over the past six years.....visiting sometimes twice a year...sometimes three times. Previously, we would visit maybe once every four or five years......we've really enjoyed our frequent visits, however, I will say......as another poster above said.....there are certain things I EXPECT and sometimes those things are not done....either at all or to meet my expectations. I've definitely noticed a decline in good housekeeping and also an attitude change among CM's......however, I do believe both have happened at all WDW resorts, not just DVC. None of the problems have so far affected our ability to enjoy our visits any less and hopefully that won't happen as it has to other DVC'ers. If I have a problem with any housekeeping issues I simply pick up the phone and call Housekeeping......so far anything I've had a problem with has been rectified in an acceptable amount of time.......if and when it's not, I will complain to the Powers that Be......as the saying goes.....if they don't know something is wrong.....they can't fix it. That said...hopefully my family and I will enjoy many more years of DVC ownership and vacations.

...We bought our first time share in NH in 1998. We love that week. It's in October at the hight of foliage season. The only part that we do not like is trying to rent it out when we can't use it. We have had limited success. Last year it went unrented.

We bought a second timeshare at Cypress Pointe which is a mile from Downtown Disney. This is another nice unit. However, we have had difficulty getting down to Florida every year. This unit has gone unused from time to time as a result. Last year was the first time we rented it to cover our maintenance fees. That went ok. We have been trying to sell that unit for three years now with no success. We are even only asking 2500 for a unit we paid 9k.....

You should become familiar with these sites as they will be helpful to you.

Timeshare Users Group

My Resort Network

Redweek.com

Timesharing Today

Also for really great advice on Cypress Pointe I would call our forum's sponsor:

The Timeshare Store

You should become familiar with these sites as they will be helpful to you.

Timeshare Users Group

My Resort Network

Redweek.com

Timesharing Today

Also for really great advice on Cypress Pointe I would call our forum's sponsor:

The Timeshare Store

We bought DVC through the The Timeshare Store. The rep referred me to another person. We did not have any luck with them. I am also listed on Tug2, My Resort Network and Red Week. I will try Timesharing Today. It amazes me that the resale market is so difficult.

If I can sell that week, I will be adding that money to my DVC addon account. We are at 175 points now. I would like to double that. Probably add at Beach Club to give us more options.

DVC is an outstanding purchase for anyone. We bought our week at SSR in 2006. Our first trip was in December. I am already working on a plan to add more points at another resort.

A little history. We bought our first time share in NH in 1998. We love that week. It's in October at the hight of foliage season. The only part that we do not like is trying to rent it out when we can't use it. We have had limited success. Last year it went unrented.

We bought a second timeshare at Cypress Pointe which is a mile from Downtown Disney. This is another nice unit. However, we have had difficulty getting down to Florida every year. This unit has gone unused from time to time as a result. Last year was the first time we rented it to cover our maintenance fees. That went ok. We have been trying to sell that unit for three years now with no success. We are even only asking 2500 for a unit we paid 9k.

Last year we decided to purchase DVC. Now you might think we are a little crazy with the timeshares, and to take on a third is crazy. The reason we purchased at DVC is my DW would rather be onsite. My reason for the purchase was the ability to rent via this board. It seems that renting these units works well.

I believe you made an investment for vacations as well as you can cover costs when you can't go.

Good job.

I have multiple timeshares, one I deposit them with RCI. I have had very good luck trading them in the Caribbean. I have traded two weeks for next July in Grand Cayman for 2 two bedroom villas, same week. We have went to St. Maarten. Numerous locations in the USA, Have you thought of this? You really have to plan 2 years ahead to get a 2 bedroom villa in the hot spots of the Caribbean, but is very much worth the effort. This July we had a one bedroom in Antigua. The timeshare that I use is a 2 bedroom in Pigeon Forge, TN... Oct week 42, which is peak for the leaves. The timeshare is not even Gold Crown. I paid $5000.00 for it, in 1989. It has more than paid for itself. We have been to Grand Cayman 4 times, with the family. This is our favorite trip. We used it for Orlando numerous times, Really had wonderful accomdations. This is before I knew anything about DVC.

There are some locations that are not as hard to secure. The earlier you deposit, the better chance you have of securing a week. I have never had much luck renting through the actual resort. I lost my week the year I tried this. They advertised that they could probably rent it. I figured with it being peak week, they would. When I called to see how much money I had coming to me, nothing! I guess, live and learn. Next year we are going to use our week at the resort, this will be the first time in 4 years. RCI has called me numerous times wanting the week for deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter