Need opinions on our ADRs

Happy Mom2

DIS Veteran
I will be making our ADRs in a couple weeks, and wanted to get some thoughts. This is our first trip (MIL, DH, DD 5, DS 3, and myself). All of our ADRs are for breakfast and dinner. We plan on doing CS for lunch each day. We are early risers, and I am hoping I can get the 1st reservation time each morning so we can be at the parks early.

Day 1:
Arrive mid afternoon (not going to a park)
Dinner at Ohana's

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: CRT
Lunch: Counter Service (open to suggestions)
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

Day 3: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Playhouse Dinsey - Hollywood Vine & Dine
Dinner: 50's Prime Time Cafe

Day 4: Epcot
Breakfast: Akershus Royal Banquet (thinking about changing this since I've heard by now have more princesses at CRT. Does anyone know if this is true for breakfast?? If I change, any suggestions??)
Dinner: Coral Reef (but heard there is somewhere we can have dinner, then sit on private patio to watch fireworks so we may change this - anyone know what I'm talking about?) :confused3

Day 5: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Tusker House
Dinner: unknown - We are planning for an early night for the kids (may order pizza in the room) so DH and I can have a date night. Any suggestions?

Day 6: MK (our last day)
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: undecided - We are planning to attend the MVMCP, but it doesn't have to be in MK as we will be going back to our resort for afternoon naps. Any ideas for our last meal at Disney??

I know I have a lot of character meals, but the kids really want to see the characters and this is our first trip. I want to have reservations for two meals a day so I can ensure the kids slow down and eat. If something comes up, I can always cancel (except CRT).

All of your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will be making our ADRs in a couple weeks, and wanted to get some thoughts. This is our first trip (MIL, DH, DD 5, DS 3, and myself). All of our ADRs are for breakfast and dinner. We plan on doing CS for lunch each day. We are early risers, and I am hoping I can get the 1st reservation time each morning so we can be at the parks early.

Day 1:
Dinner at Ohana's

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: CRT
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

Day 3: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Playhouse Dinsey - Hollywood Vine & Dine
Dinner: 50's Prime Time Cafe

Day 4: Epcot
Breakfast: Akershus Royal Banquet (thinking about changing this since I've heard by now have more princesses at CRT. Does anyone know if this is true for breakfast?? If I change, any suggestions??)
Dinner: Coral Reef (but heard there is somewhere we can have dinner, then sit on private patio to watch fireworks so we may change this - anyone know what I'm talking about?) :confused3

Day 5: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Tusker House
Dinner: unknown - We are planning for an early night for the kids (may order pizza in the room) so DH and I can have a date night. Any suggestions?

Day 6: MK (our last day)
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: undecided - We are planning to attend the MVMCP, but it doesn't have to be in MK as we will be going back to our resort for afternoon naps. Any ideas for our last meal at Disney??

I know I have a lot of character meals, but the kids really want to see the characters and this is our first trip. I want to have reservations for two meals a day so I can ensure the kids slow down and eat. If something comes up, I can always cancel (except CRT).

Day 1
I know nothing about Ohanas so I can't comment
Day 2
We loved CRT, though we did it for dinner but I would recomend it no matter what time. If your son likes dress up at all and would wear a plastic crown like the kind you buy at party stores I would highly recomend bringing one. We brought a crown for our son and everyone made such a fuss over the "prince" it really made the experience for him. For CS we loved Columbia Harbor House. It was inside with good food and we all enjoyed it. We are one of those familys who really liked dinner Chef Mickeys. Yes it is overpriced if you just look at the food but we were all able to find plenty to eat and the character interaction was really good for us.
Day 3
We did Hollywood and Vine for dinner and thought it was okay but I think we would have liked it alot more for breakfast or lunch becausse of the characters. We had a pretty decent lunch from Backlot Express and some of the outdoor tables give a pretty good view of the block party bash. 50's Prime Time sounds like alot of fun.
Day 4
Diden't try eigther of your Epcot resteraunts or CS there so I don't have much to offer.
Day 5
Loved, loved, loved Tusker house breakfast. Tried both Yak and Yeti CS and Pizzafari. YandY CS was good, big portions and food that we all liked but the out door seating area was very busy the day we were there and we ended up sharing a tiny table with another family. I diden't really like Pizzafaris pizza but the kids ate it and the Chicken Caesar Salad was good. The choclate mouse cups they had while we were there were the best CS desert we had but the parfait was warm and soggy. I did love the atmosphere of this CS place and the fact that it was indoor so I would probably do it again. Maybe Raglan Road for you and DH's date night. I've nevr been there but it's at the top of my list for me and DH's anniversary trip.
Day 6
Never been to Crystal Palace but have heard good things about it and Cosmic Rays CS. AS for Dinner if your not charactered out 1900 Park Faire with the Stpemother and stepsisters looks like a fun dinner.
All in all looks like a good plan to me.

i will be making our adrs in a couple weeks, and wanted to get some thoughts. This is our first trip (mil, dh, dd 5, ds 3, and myself). All of our adrs are for breakfast and dinner. We plan on doing cs for lunch each day. We are early risers, and i am hoping i can get the 1st reservation time each morning so we can be at the parks early.

Day 1:
dinner at ohana's never been for breakfast.

day 2: Magic kingdom
breakfast: Crt wonderful experience if you have never been.
lunch: Counter service (open to suggestions) columbia harbour house is our favorite!
dinner: Chef mickey's we had our arrival night dinner there in dec and it was not good. Food was 'meh', characters were incredibly rushed, service was terrible. We won't be going back for dinner, but may give breakfast a try.

day 3: Hollywood studios
breakfast: Playhouse dinsey - hollywood vine & dine food is average breakfast buffet, characters are really fun.
lunch: Counter service (open to suggestions) we have yet to find anything that we love here.
dinner: 50's prime time cafe we love it. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is a riot!

day 4: Epcot
breakfast: Akershus royal banquet (thinking about changing this since i've heard by now have more princesses at crt. Does anyone know if this is true for breakfast?? If i change, any suggestions??) i think the amount of princesses are similar but akershus has "different" ones like sometimes mulan? Not 100% sure..i know a lot of people choose akershus over crt because of the cost savings as well.
lunch: Counter service (open to suggestions) sunshine seasons for variety and tangierine cafe in morrocco for quality.
dinner: Coral reef (but heard there is somewhere we can have dinner, then sit on private patio to watch fireworks so we may change this - anyone know what i'm talking about?) :confused3 we love coral reef - have no idea where you can have dinner, then sit on a private patio for illuminations?

day 5: Animal kingdom
breakfast: Tusker house our favorite character meal in the world.
lunch: Counter service (open to suggestions) flame tree!:lovestruc
dinner: Unknown - we are planning for an early night for the kids (may order pizza in the room) so dh and i can have a date night. Any suggestions? date night option: Jiko!

day 6: Mk (our last day)
breakfast: Crystal palace love it.
lunch: Counter service (open to suggestions)
dinner: Undecided - we are planning to attend the mvmcp, but it doesn't have to be in mk as we will be going back to our resort for afternoon naps. Any ideas for our last meal at disney?? our last meal is always teppan edo.

i know i have a lot of character meals, but the kids really want to see the characters and this is our first trip. I want to have reservations for two meals a day so i can ensure the kids slow down and eat. If something comes up, i can always cancel (except crt).

hth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter