Need new meal ideas dvc

quandrea

DIS Veteran
I'm working on my shopping list for our trip in October. We cook all breakfasts and one other meal per day in the villa. I'm looking for some new meal ideas. Here's what I have so far. I think it's too pasta heavy. Looking for things that are easy and don't use too many pantry items.

Chili Mac
Nachos
Honey lime baked chicken tacos
Pasta with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo
Shake n bake, fries, veggies
Chicken noodle casserole
Chicken corn chowder with salad
Chicken with gruyere and stuffing
Sandwiches with veggies and dip, Cole slaw, potato chips

We have many of the meals you do! We also roll up hot dogs in Crescent rolls (some with cheese) to make hot dog rolls.

We have many of the meals you do! We also roll up hot dogs in Crescent rolls (some with cheese) to make hot dog rolls.
Thanks! I think I'll add sloppy joes and take off chili Mac. Less pasta. Kids will like the hot dogs.

Last edited:

Breakfast for dinner? Sometimes mornings can get crazy, but some nice French toast or banana pancakes and sausage and bacon would make a yummy easy dinner.
Me and the kids would love this but dh wouldn't go for it. I do this at home for lunch when dh isn't home. He's looking for protein, starch, veg and a salad.

Will you have a slow cooker or just what is supplied in the villa & where are you staying. I have taken advantage of the BBQ grills on some properties for good old fashion grilled steak. Can't go wrong w/ that and some baked potatoes.

Will you have a slow cooker or just what is supplied in the villa & where are you staying. I have taken advantage of the BBQ grills on some properties for good old fashion grilled steak. Can't go wrong w/ that and some baked potatoes.
Never grilled but I think I may give this a try. No slow cooker, just what dvc supplies.

Chili Mac
Nachos
Honey lime baked chicken tacos
Pasta with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo
Shake n bake, fries, veggies
Chicken noodle casserole
Chicken corn chowder with salad
Chicken with gruyere and stuffing
Sandwiches with veggies and dip, Cole slaw, potato chips

If I promise to help cook can I come over? ;) Sounds wonderful! And what is this "Too much pasta" you speak of? Is that even possible?;)

If I promise to help cook can I come over? ;) Sounds wonderful! And what is this "Too much pasta" you speak of? Is that even possible?;)
We are Italian. If you can believe it, dh is not a fan. I think it comes from eating it every day of his life for the first 27 years or so!

ETA: you are welcome to come by. The more the merrier!

Have you looked at hobo dinners for the over or grill? Hubby might really go for that and kids might think it's cute.

We are Italian. If you can believe it, dh is not a fan. I think it comes from eating it every day of his life for the first 27 years or so!
My dad worked for a meat packing company. We didn't have a lot of money but we ate prime steaks quite often. As a result I seldom eat steak, so I can relate to your DH's attitude about pasta.:)

Have you looked at hobo dinners for the over or grill? Hubby might really go for that and kids might think it's cute.
Just looked these up. I'm going to switch out the beef noodle casserole for these one night. Great way to use up any odds and ends left in the freezer at the end of the trip.

My dad worked for a meat packing company. We didn't have a lot of money but we ate prime steaks quite often. As a result I seldom eat steak, so I can relate to your DH's attitude about pasta.:)

This all sounds yummy. Bringing my big Italian family over too. No worries, we'll bring the bread & vino :thumbsup2

And fyi, I eat very little pasta as well. Burnt out as a kid....

This all sounds yummy. Bringing my big Italian family over too. No worries, we'll bring the bread & vino :thumbsup2

And fyi, I eat very little pasta as well. Burnt out as a kid....
My kids could eat pasta every day. Dd is a competitive swimmer and eats 12 oz of pasta in a sitting, easily. Dh, not so much. I'll eat anything. I call myself the family garbage can. Can't stand to waste food, so I'll eat what's left over.

DW usually makes a one pot meal:
Stew
Soup
Lasagna
As we usually stay in studios, these work out great for reheating in the microwave. We sometimes will eat breakfast out and then depending on what we are doing that day either lunch or dinner in the room every day.

We usually do a chicken caesar salad for one of our lunches... fast to prep and little cleanup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!