Need help with Lilo Costume

carmie3377

Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.
Hi, I hoped I posted this on the right forum...

We have decided that DD and DS will be Lilo and Stitch this year for Halloween. I like them to "match" and so far, we've done Ariel & Sebastian and Violet & Jack Jack from the Incredibles. Anyway, we found DS Stitch costume but I can't find a Lilo one for DS. I have a neighbor that will help me make a costume but I can't seem to find the fabric. I would like the red/white print. Has anyone seen any fabric anywhere similar to that? I've checked Hobby Lobby and Walmart and some online sites but can't find anything. Also, if anyone can pass on any tips I'd appreciate that too.

We're going to MNSSHP and I really want to be a theme. The rest of us (DH, MIL, and myself) just plan on going as Hawaiian tourist and I really hope to make the Lilo and Stitch idea work out.

TIA

With how large the leaves are on Lilo's dress, I'd be tempted to just buy red fabric, in cotton. Have your friend stitch up the dress then use white fabric paint and a large leaf stencil and paint the white leaves onto the dress.

With how large the leaves are on Lilo's dress, I'd be tempted to just buy red fabric, in cotton. Have your friend stitch up the dress then use white fabric paint and a large leaf stencil and paint the white leaves onto the dress.

Great idea! THANKS. I was thinking of just using red fabric and cutting out the leaves in white fabric. Then I would use that iron on fusing stuff (what ever it is called) to attach the leaves. I think your idea sounds easier!

You might want to post on this thread because they all make outfits for Disney on a regular basis. They probably have a better handle on the material that it available.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1885666

Thanks for the idea. Didn't know that board existed!

I'd suggest Heatn' Bond the leave shapes. Just Iron the heatn bond, cut out the shape, peel the backing off and iron on. Probably take you an hour tops after you make the dress ^_^

We came up with this for the Lilo breakfast.

ry%3D320

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter