Need help identifying this spaceship

DemonLlama

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if this very retro looking spaceship on top of a kiosk (I think it must only be visible from the People Mover) is a leftover from a Tomorrowland ride?

IMG_2260.jpg

I don't recall any attraction that incorporated that "flying saucer" prop.

There was a Flying Saucers ride at Disneyland in the early 1960s but that was basically just bumper cars, and they didn't look like that. That flying saucer is on top of the DVC information center in Tomorrowland. The old DVC information center had a cover that looked like a flying saucer. Perhaps it was just refitted and put on top of the new structure?

I do know that the space ship on top of the Cool Scanner misting station right next to the DVC information center was a prop from the movie Flight of the Navigator. I appreciate that as a child of the 80s.

It's the base to a sign that's no longer there, it was designed by WED and advertised it as the place to buy ticket books in the A-E ticket days. No ride connection at all, though I think it may be the last inside the park ticket location remaining.

AFAIK it spent over 1/4 century as a Kodak film booth (my memory is a bit hazy there - this may have been AmEx credit card signups).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter