Need help choosing a resort, please.

cart-mom

Busy Scout Mom
We're a family with four kids (7,5,2 & 1)with 2 other adults so we'll need two rooms for sure. We're coming in July for 6 nights. My DH wants to stay at AS because they are cheap and we're not going for the rooms. Last time we stayed at CSR and loved it. I'd rather stay at a mod resort and wanted to get some input from some other veterans. We'll be doing a resort day and DH wants to make sure the pool is really cool for the kids (yeah, right!).

Thank you for all the tips I know you'll be sharing.:) :sunny:

I truly think the Polynesian is a fun resort for children and the pool is terrific.. My daughters, who are now adults, still love the Polynesian.....Maybe there are some special rates offered... good luck..

I've never stayed at any AS or the CSR so I can't compare the them. However, from what I've read the AS rooms are quite small and even with getting 2 of them you still have a lot of people to squeeze in. I think there are summer codes out so it's worth a call to check out rates and availability. Another option might be the Swan or Dolphin. They have a great pool and often have good rates plus you can walk to Epcot and MGM.

CSR (Coronado Springs) is a wonderful mod with a terrific pool, called the Dig Site. It has a terrific water slide and the main pool is very big. There are a couple of quiet pools also.

If your looking for a moderate resort, think about POR. We've had a great time every time we've stayed there. There is a central pool with a water slide and smaller pools near the rooms. (POFQ has a good pool with a water serpent slide). The rooms are a little bigger than the value resorts and they have extras like ceiling fans, etc in the rooms.

enjoy your trip

Our kids are 9,8, and 4 and the All Star Movies is there favotire resort. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and some off site suites. The rooms at the moderates aren't that much bigger and since you are getting 2 anyway I wouldn't mind it. We have stayed at he AS Movies 3 times and it is so clean. The theming is great and so fun for the kids. Also, the transportation is the same as the mods.

I think 2 rooms at the AS would be a tight squeeze for 4 adults and 4 kids. :eek: We stayed there once when our son was a baby and we barely had room for the crib.... also there were only 3 of us.

I would do a moderate. I like CBR, but I've heard CSR is good too. I think you will all be happier. :)

If you are looking for a resort with a cool pool I would pick CSR. The only value we would try is ASMo as my kids love the theming. We can never seem to find availability with discounts there though and won't pay rack rate at a value when we can pay less for a moderate :rolleyes: The pool looks fun enough but no slide. If you can use a code at a moderate you may get a really good price. When are you traveling? We didn't paticularly like the pool at CBR. The kiddie pool was away from the main pool so my Mom ended up sitting down there. The slide (very small/short) was kind of off to the side so my DH ended up there, the step area is where my DS5 hung out with me. None of us could see each other and it was difficult to relax or have a conversation. We enjoyed the POFQ pool area as the slide was a little more fun. Anyway, sorry to ramble but for pool area alone I would chose CSR or PO. The ages of your kids may dictate the type of pool you want to. CSR slide may be too much as it's really long. POFQ or POR slides are a lots shorter and tamer. I would chose PO or CSR over CBR though. Good luck :)

If you stayed at CSR and "loved it", you will notice quite a difference at the All Stars.

We have done the All Stars three times and had a great time, but with four kids (we have 1) I would need a little "more"-especially for six nights!!!!!

CSR is my favorite resort and would be my usual recommendation, but this tiime I am going to suggest CBR and here are the reasons why:

-pool- with kids 7 and 5 the slide at CBR would be more appropriate- smaller than at CSR.

-the rooms- just refurbished and the largest of the mods. Bathrooms have 2 sinks with shelves underneath- CSR had one sink and no shelves. With babies you will need those shelves!

-Privacy curtain between the bathroom area and room

-a bench with storage and a high shelf with hooks (CSR had neither)

There was just more space in the room and storage space than at CSR.

-the food court was just redone and they have a new restaurant-worth checking out.

I would request connecting rooms in Martinique or Trinidad North. Don't forget to mention your smoking preference.

I think at the AS you will be climbing the walls after a few days.

see pictures of all the rooms at wdwig.com

If you stayed at CSR and "loved it", you will notice quite a difference at the All Stars.

We have done the All Stars three times and had a great time, but with four kids (we have 1) I would need a little "more"-especially for six nights!!!!!

CSR is my favorite resort and would be my usual recommendation, but this tiime I am going to suggest CBR and here are the reasons why:

-pool- with kids 7 and 5 the slide at CBR would be more appropriate- smaller than at CSR.

-the rooms- just refurbished and the largest of the mods. Bathrooms have 2 sinks with shelves underneath- CSR had one sink and no shelves. With babies you will need those shelves!

-Privacy curtain between the bathroom area and room

-a bench with storage and a high shelf with hooks (CSR had neither)

There was just more space in the room and storage space than at CSR.

-the food court was just redone and they have a new restaurant-worth checking out.

I would request connecting rooms in Martinique or Trinidad North. Don't forget to mention your smoking preference.

I think at the AS you will be climbing the walls after a few days.

see pictures of all the rooms at wdwig.com

Want don't you price WL. They usually have codes for discounted rates for the summer. Last year we only paid $129/night.

I would say POR or WL. If you are worried about $$, then look for a code for POR. My DD loved both of those pools and the dragon slide was a big hit!

Have fun!

Joanne :)

We have stayed at ASMo with oru kids, 9, 7, 4, 2 + 3 adults. It was a little cramped but we were really only there to sleep. We have also Stayed @ WL with all the kids. Both are great. We are going back this November and staying @ ASMo again. This time it will be DH, myself and kids 11,9,6,4,1,and 3mo. With this many kids we need to save some money. And also we like the idea of the older kids being able to go to the food court and get snacks and drinks themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter