Need a good women's flat shoe for walking

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
I've gotten such great shoe advice on here before I thought I'd ask. It was here I learned about how awesome Asics shoes are. Now I need a semi- nice looking flat that is good for walking. Not tennis shoes. Since all we do at Disneyland is walk, what better group of people to ask? :) I have plantar fasciitis and need shoes with arch support. Or ones I can put my Superfeet/removable arch support in. Vionics makes some with arch support but its hard to know what's good when I have to buy those online. I tried on some Sketchers today and they seemed pretty good with my small removable arches. Anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a store near you that specializes in comfortable walking shoes? Many stores like that, e.g. the Walking Co., carry more stylish supportive shoes. You would be able to try on many different brands and styles to find something that you like and that suits your feet. I like Keen (just about all styles -- Zappos makes it so easy to order, try on, and return), but only you can know what will work best for your feet and your stride. If the store will let you try the shoe on a non-carpeted floor, do so. It can make a difference in how the shoe feels on your feet.

I wear Vionic. If you hesitant about trying them because you have to buy online, but from QVC because they have a 30 day return policy. You could wear them around the house for a few days and get a feel for them. Here is a link to the pair that are my most comfortable. I walked 9 hours at DL with them and also back and forth to my hotel which was a mile away and my feet never got sore. http://www.qvc.com/Vionic-Orthotic-...als---Viviana.product.A261632.html?sc=NAVLIST

I use the flip flop style at home a lot. I walk my dogs for an hour every day. If I wear anything other than Vionic for that, a couple of my toes will go numb.

Do you have a store near you that specializes in comfortable walking shoes? Many stores like that, e.g. the Walking Co., carry more stylish supportive shoes. You would be able to try on many different brands and styles to find something that you like and that suits your feet. I like Keen (just about all styles -- Zappos makes it so easy to order, try on, and return), but only you can know what will work best for your feet and your stride. If the store will let you try the shoe on a non-carpeted floor, do so. It can make a difference in how the shoe feels on your feet.

I had never heard of The Walking Company so I looked them up and it turns out they have one at our local mall! Shows you how often I get over there! So I'm going to go check them out. Thanks! I had been looking on Zappos but haven't ordered from there yet.

I wear Vionic. If you hesitant about trying them because you have to buy online, but from QVC because they have a 30 day return policy. You could wear them around the house for a few days and get a feel for them. Here is a link to the pair that are my most comfortable. I walked 9 hours at DL with them and also back and forth to my hotel which was a mile away and my feet never got sore. http://www.qvc.com/Vionic-Orthotic-...als---Viviana.product.A261632.html?sc=NAVLIST

I use the flip flop style at home a lot. I walk my dogs for an hour every day. If I wear anything other than Vionic for that, a couple of my toes will go numb.

Those are cute! They don't have my size left in those but I never thought to check QVC so now I'm going to keep that in mind.
Thank you both for two excellent leads. Just what I needed.

Check out: Clarks, Sketchers, Bzees (Naturalizers), BOC/Born, Merrell (lots of arch support and, depending on the style, some cushioning), Vionic...hmm, just trying to remember what other brands might be good that come in a nice little flat. Anyway, those should be some good suggestions.

Sketchers hold up really well in my experience. My mom has really bad feet and 10 different problems. Shoes are a huge issue for her. She loves Merrell for that reason.

https://www.amazon.com/RYKA-Womens-...=ARASB&refRID=VZ884XW33AYN1DQPET56&th=1&psc=1
This is what I ended up getting. They are from Ryka which I had never heard of. Found them at the outlet mall for $30. Love them! They have arch support and are comfortable. They sort of look like some of the Sketchers but with better arch support. I still intend to get to the Walking Company and see what they have but it's a pain to get to the mall so I haven't had time. These days I'm always on the look out for a cut flat or casual shoe, oh, and a cute sandal with arch support that isn't a flip flop. I think I must be the only person in California who does not have the ability to walk in those things. I just shuffle along. :)

The vionics do have arch support and ur heel is cradled as well. Many styles colors and choices.
Some people need break in time due to arch support. Many times if ur a half size you will size down, so check the description carefully.
I personally no longer buy the "flocked" or material ... sueded footbed as I was getting irritated on toe bottom, so I only buy the one that looks like a circle type pattern... not sueded.
I purchase at Qvc ( and Bealls online/in store) and never have an issue with sizing or returns. ( tho if u do return it d likely be cheaper to use usps rather than Their return label. )
I literally wear them for Entire park days... hours and hours and hours.
I live in them all year ...
Best of luck!!

The vionics do have arch support and ur heel is cradled as well. Many styles colors and choices.
Some people need break in time due to arch support. Many times if ur a half size you will size down, so check the description carefully.
I personally no longer buy the "flocked" or material ... sueded footbed as I was getting irritated on toe bottom, so I only buy the one that looks like a circle type pattern... not sueded.
I purchase at Qvc ( and Bealls online/in store) and never have an issue with sizing or returns. ( tho if u do return it d likely be cheaper to use usps rather than Their return label. )
I literally wear them for Entire park days... hours and hours and hours.
I live in them all year ...
Best of luck!!

Thanks, I think I would love them because my Vionic slippers are just perfect. I love them! I know what you are talking about the circle pattern, I've seen those on some and will keep that in mind.

I wear Merrells - generally the bare access line. But - shoes are highly subjective. You have to try them on and see what works for you.

Skechers with the memory foam are really comfy and great for walking. If you go to a Skechers store, they have tons of styles. Good luck! Plantar fasciitis is so painful :(

I have super high arches and have had good luck with Naot, Chaco, Born, and Mephisto.... You can get most of these on Zappos with free shipping/returns and 365 days to make a return.

Everybody's feet are so different that you really need to figure this out on your own. What may be the most comfortable shoe on one person won't work on another.
I'm also a firm believer in you get what you pay for. If you buy cheap shoes from Target or Walmart, you mostly likely will have issues. Sure, there are some that swear by them and their $15 shoes work all day and night for a week. I'm not that person. I will drop money for well made shoes and wear them beyond Disney.

My only tip is to buy them way before your trip so they are thoroughly broken in by the time you get to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts