NBA Experience details

I think it will be a bit more than carnival games. It sounds like they’ll have more experiences maybe like some sort of simulator type thing or something. I would’ve liked a general good sports bar and grill but I’ll still check this out too.

Maybe they should have made DQ into a sort of Dave & Busters sports bar/mega-arcade. The D&Bs here seems to do real well.

Last edited:
True, but you are talking about 100,000 square feet if it stays the same size as Disney Quest. Pretty popular isn't going to cut it for something that large. Question is going to become will a casual fan (People who tune in like when the Cavs won their first) go time and time again. It's a risk in my eyes. I have been to DS many times where I have walked into an empty bar at Splittsville (which was really the only place with a lot of TVs for games). I do think it was a lost opportunity to move ESPN there and expand and compete with NBC.
Disney quest is being demoed so I’m not sure it will be the same size.

I like ESPN Club but it could be better.
Agreed. The old ESPN Zone in Baltimore MD. was so much better. I would rather they had put an ESPN Zone in DS or partnered with a 3rd party to put in something similar.

Maybe they should have made DQ into a sort of Dave & Busters sports bar/mega-arcade...
Now I wouldn’t like that. I don’t want a Dave and Busters venue at Disney Springs. I’d rather have just a good overall sports bar. Give me something like Homecomin but sports themed.

Now I wouldn’t like that. I don’t want a Dave and Busters venue at Disney Springs. I’d rather have just a good overall sports bar. Give me something like Homecomin but sports themed.
Or like Lagasse Stadium in Las Vegas

Like I posted in the News thread, this idea already failed.

I can't fathom why Disney wants to revive it.

Is the NASCAR restaurant coming in 2020?!

Like I posted in the News thread, this idea already failed.

I can't fathom why Disney wants to revive it.
Disney/ESPN have a huge deal with NBA. I wouldn't necessarily say it failed at Universal it was just not invested in. I can see this doing better since Disney and the NBA have such a relationship.

Disney/ESPN have a huge deal with NBA. I wouldn't necessarily say it failed at Universal it was just not invested in. I can see this doing better since Disney and the NBA have such a relationship.

I did read where WDW's version was going to be "triple" the size.

They are definitely all in...

I understand your point, but I would like to see the arcade element maintained. Even if they just put up a plain old run-of-the-mill D&Bs, I would likely go there more often than I would the NBA Experience. If they put up a fresh DQ arcade with an additional awesome sports bar with mega TVs, I would DEFINITELY go there more often than I would the NBA Experience.

My first thought is it looks really similar to the one that closed in Universal. Maybe I just don't remember that one very well. I just don't see this working at all, but maybe it's just me.

Bingo...

Disney is lashed to a sinking contract that they will be forced to let go the next time around...so they're building a monument to it?

The concept is whatever but definitely not good to put in that big a space. I mean really, you have to have a killer concept with a broad audience appeal to make a place that size successful, and I don’t think the NBA experience is it

NBA City in Citywalk did ok, food was decent, but the replacement, Toothsome's Chocolate Factory is a genuine hit. The concept art looks very similar to the NBC Sports Grille at Citywalk, just in a bigger building (I guess it's going to use the shell of Disney Quest) This could be interesting, but I'm not sold on it being a good fit at downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter