Name Shirt Question

SueRS

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who had there child wear a name shirt had any issues with strangers?

My sil brought up a concern about our kids wearing their names on their shirts at WDW and that it wouldn't be safe. DH says that is silly.

What have people experienced?

Thanks,

some people have that concern

I fall into the category of your DH and think it is silly

my kids will tell their name to anyone who asks - and the extra fun they have when Cinderella knows their name is worth it!!

I really don't think knowing my child's name would help someone take them

julia & nicks mom said:
my kids will tell their name to anyone who asks - and the extra fun they have when Cinderella knows their name is worth it!!

I really don't think knowing my child's name would help someone take them

Thanks Kate. I have a while but I will probably be senting you pm with the names as they aren't in your list.

When my brother was in Kindergarten (27 years ago), a man tried to take a child from the school yard by calling them by the first name because it was displayed on his backpack. After that the school sent home notices to parents warning them so, my DM would never let either one of us display our names on anything. I wonder if it is safe or not, but because I like to be cautious, I do not display names of my children. Although I have to admit that J&N's Mom tempted me many times to make T's with their names on it.

I was also protective about my kids names on things when they were growing up. However, Disney is an exception. So many kids are wearing the Mickey ears with their names stitched on them that a t-shirt isn't any different. It does give them extra attention from CM's and the characters.

UP Disney said:
It does give them extra attention from CM's and the characters.
julia & nicks mom said:
and the extra fun they have when Cinderella knows their name is worth it!!
Agreed! :thumbsup2

No different than a guest of honor badge either. ;)

I am not belittling anyone's concerns mentioned here, and I honestly got to thinking - how many kidnappings HAVE happened at WDW?? :confused3 Seriously, I'd be interested if anyone knows. I'm sure they don't publicize this info, but if anyone has heard anything.......??? :confused3 I think we'd all appreciate the info.

according to snopes.com - no child has ever been kidnapped from a Walt Disney theme park - they are usually pretty accurate on their information

Thanks Kate! :thumbsup2 I usually use snopes to rule out FWD:emails but never thought to 'ask' them that!

Now, I know, from PERSONAL experience, that LOST children are an entirely different story! :sad2: Bad Mommy that I am! :rotfl:

KimRaye said:
Thanks Kate! :thumbsup2 I usually use snopes to rule out FWD:emails but never thought to 'ask' them that!

Now, I know, from PERSONAL experience, that LOST children are an entirely different story! :sad2: Bad Mommy that I am! :rotfl:

Now having there name on there shirt would help a small child if they got lost and couldn't talk yet!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter