My UO, DC, AQ, & KSC Pre-trip report

Sounds good, Coach! My son and his friends are at VB today. They said that the crowds were low- just like you experienced! I love that water coaster!!

Have a good night! Thanks for the live updates! I really enjoyed doing the same two weeks ago on my TR! It does feel like I'm there with you!

Thanks Patty! I enjoyed reading your updates as well!!
I couldn’t believe how much we were able to do in 4 hours at VB!! Krakatua is an awesome ride!! So much fun that we are planning to go back this evening.

that day at VB sounds awesome! Thanks for letting us know what you did.

Sleep in, it's vacation! Not every day needs early entry. But I agree with you that extra hour is lower crowds.

Yesterday is the only day we will make EPH. We all need our sleep!

Sounds like you had a fun but exhausting few days. I've been trying to decide whether to renew my 3 park AP or downgrade back to the 2 park and your day at VB may tip the scales...thanks.

Hope you have a blast today :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a fun but exhausting few days. I've been trying to decide whether to renew my 3 park AP or downgrade back to the 2 park and your day at VB may tip the scales...thanks.

Hope you have a blast today :goodvibes

I think Volcano Bay is worth it! However that’s just my opinion.

Thursday evening update.
We didn’t get to the parks until about 11am. We were exhausted from our marathon day yesterday!! Rode RRR, Fallon, F & F, and MIB twice. The boys had to break their tie. Youngest won Tuesday while the oldest won on the first ride today. So off we went for another competition. Guess who won? Yes I won!! Lol!! So we ended in a 3 way tie.
Then we headed to City Walk for a late lunch. Margaritaville was the chosen restaurant today. Ordered an appetizer of Lava Lava Shrimp. It was gone before I could take a picture!! It was that good. We ordered 2 crab cake sandwiches & 1 grilled chicken sandwich. Something was off with my crab cake sandwich, it fell apart and was much softer than any I’ve ever had. The server offered to take it off my bill since I couldn’t even eat half of it. The boys enjoyed their sandwiches so all was good.

Next up our visit to Voodoo Donuts and an evening visit to Volcano Bay.

Thursday evening update.
We didn’t get to the parks until about 11am. We were exhausted from our marathon day yesterday!! Rode RRR, Fallon, F & F, and MIB twice. The boys had to break their tie. Youngest won Tuesday while the oldest won on the first ride today. So off we went for another competition. Guess who won? Yes I won!! Lol!! So we ended in a 3 way tie.
Then we headed to City Walk for a late lunch. Margaritaville was the chosen restaurant today. Ordered an appetizer of Lava Lava Shrimp. It was gone before I could take a picture!! It was that good. We ordered 2 crab cake sandwiches & 1 grilled chicken sandwich. Something was off with my crab cake sandwich, it fell apart and was much softer than any I’ve ever had. The server offered to take it off my bill since I couldn’t even eat half of it. The boys enjoyed their sandwiches so all was good.

Next up our visit to Voodoo Donuts and an evening visit to Volcano Bay.

Hope you feel refreshed now!!

Love the MiB competition.......lol.......boys!!

Hope you loved voodoo.......and glad you’re still having fun!

Love lava lava shrimp too!!

Sounds like a great trip, Coach! We loved our Voodoo donuts! Hope the line is short for you!!

Sorry I haven’t posted an update since Thursday. We were rushed Friday trying to get in as many rides as we could before we left Universal in the afternoon.
We’ve now moved to our hotel by Seaworld and went to Discovery Cove today. We also went to Seaworld tonight to ride some roller coasters.
I’ll post more when I have time.
Tomorrow we are going to Kennedy Space Center.

Last edited:
We’ve now come to the end of our amazing trip!!!! We are now sitting at MCO airport relaxing before our trip home. I promise to finish my trip report after I get home. We’ve been to so many parks and had some wonderful adventures on our trip!!! I’ll get all my information compiled and share it all with you soon.

We look forward to that!!

You'll be home tonight and then you can relax from your fantastic vacation.

Take your time in writing more in your trippie.

We will still be around..

Glad to hear you had such an amazing time......we are definitely looking forward to reading what other fun you had!!!

Sounds like an awesome vacation. Thanks for all you've shared with us, and looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of your vacation. I upgraded my pass to a 3 park last year, and we all enjoy VB.

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]Thursday evening 6-7, I’m going to pick up where I left off. After a somewhat disappointing Margaritaville lunch, we went to Voodoo Donuts. This place did not disappoint!!! We each picked two donuts. I got the maple bacon bar and Boston cream one. I can’t recall which ones the boys picked, but they were all delicious!!! We each ate one as a snack and the other Friday morning for breakfast.
Then we rode the boat back to RP to relax before we headed to Volcano bay for the evening.
We caught the 5:30pm bus to VB. As soon as we entered we made a beeline for Krakatau. We tapped in with a 70 minute wait, headed off to Fearless River, and then the Lazy River. These are great ways to pass the time. As we headed to Taniwha Tubes here comes a storm!! We tried to wait it out in Whakawaiwai Eats. After about an hour the rain was still coming down and I checked the weather app on my phone. I didn’t look like it would let up any time soon, so we made a run for the exit. So much for a nighttime visit to VB!!
Once we got back to RP we still needed dinner. We really wanted to eat at Bula Bar but it was closed due to the weather. So we just ordered a pizza from Flippers. I did find a pizza flyer under my door, however I knew better than to order from those!
Since this was our last night at Universal we started to pack and just relaxed in our room. Pizza took about 45 minutes but it was good. We talked about what to do on our last day and then went to sleep.

Attachments

• 077DDF64-7523-4472-BAB5-7F38AE3E96D7.jpeg
    077DDF64-7523-4472-BAB5-7F38AE3E96D7.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2
Friday morning 6-8
We were up and ready to go by 8am this morning. The luggage cart was brought up and we loaded it up. Then we were off to IOA. Time to hit our last few rides.
We made a beeline for Hulk and rode in the front row! Then we had a walk on for Spider-Man. We had to make the Raptor Encounter today. I’d heard that Blue was in the park, but Blue wasn’t available today. It was still a lot of fun!
Then we headed for a butter beer. We enjoyed the one we shared so much,that today we all wanted one!
Next we checked out the Discovery Center, rode Kong, and met up with some family who were at Universal too. Our last ride was Spider-Man.
We headed to Defotos to get our pictures printed. I highly recommend the discounted photo pass!! We had 70 photos taken over our 5 days.
We also did some shopping in the main IOA store and the Universal store in City Walk. By this time it was 1pm and we took the boat back to RP for lunch at Bula Bar.
Bula Bar did not disappoint!! We had the giant chicken nacho plate and the Huli chicken sandwich. The we had to wave goodbye to Universal.

We had an awesome time at Universal!!! We did miss the Harry Potter night time show and the Sinbad show. If we get to come back again, we’ll stay at HR. I like how close it is to the parks and how compact the resort is.

Last edited:
Nice updates!

Glad you enjoyed Bula Bar......chicken nachos is fab!! And Voodoo doughnuts are lush........so much nice that dunking donuts........they tasted stale to us after voodoo!

You did manage to a whole lot at Universal.......been nice to read along with you......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter