My ongoing battle with kidney disease

CTDisneyfan816

DIS Veteran
I have now been on dialysis for over a year. Been battlling Kidney Disease for 4 1/2 years (now it's End Stage Renal Disese, ESRD). A friend has been undergoing testing to be a donor. She isn't a match for me but would be placed on the paired exchange program. They would search nationally for a match for me and one she could donate to. Should be within a year! Right now I am scheduled to go to Disney Dec. 13-21 but that could change!

I have now been on dialysis for over a year. Been battlling Kidney Disease for 4 1/2 years (now it's End Stage Renal Disese, ESRD). A friend has been undergoing testing to be a donor. She isn't a match for me but would be placed on the paired exchange program. They would search nationally for a match for me and one she could donate to. Should be within a year! Right now I am scheduled to go to Disney Dec. 13-21 but that could change!

That is a long time..

I sure hope it works out before the year, and you re schedule your trip, if that is how I am reading it?

What a great friend you have as well..

That is a long time..

I sure hope it works out before the year, and you re schedule your trip, if that is how I am reading it?

What a great friend you have as well..

Thanks, I had another friend try earlier this year but due to health concerns for her she was not a viable donor. And if this person didn't work out a cousin is waiting. Though from what I have been told it looks like a done deal here. My hope is I get to go on the trip in December and a kidney shortly therafter, but if something happened sooner and I had to postpone to late 2015, well it will be for something positive :)

I recognized you immediately from the December thread and wanted to pop in to send you my best wishes. I hope for great things for you in this coming year and am sending you strength. I sincerely hope you are able to enjoy your upcoming trip and that a match is found and you are on your way back to good health soon.:hug:

my friend has completed all testing and is going in front of the panel Monday. If approved she is on the list Thursday of next week :)

So my trip is this Saturday and I got my dialysis times for next Monday, Wednesday and Friday -- 1:15 pm! I'm glad I am going and will still have fun but needless to say 4 hours in dialysis then pretty much kills those days for parks.

So my trip is this Saturday and I got my dialysis times for next Monday, Wednesday and Friday -- 1:15 pm! I'm glad I am going and will still have fun but needless to say 4 hours in dialysis then pretty much kills those days for parks.

I am also glad you are going..

That does sound long... Chin up :hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter