My neighbors are COMPLETE morons!!!!!

mommyto3

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry....I just had to vent.

I have issues with my neighbors, mostly about their lack of parenting. Well, today I'm really P.O.ed!!!!!

My two youngest are home today, My 5 year old daughter only goes to school Monday and Thursday, and my 8 year old son had field day at school today so he only had half a day.

Anyway, they went outside to play. Well my daughter comes in to get play nail polish and says something about playing with "neighbor girl" (who is also 5). Okay, not a problem. Well about 30 minutes later, I look at the clock and wonder why "neighbor girl" is even home since she goes to all day kindergarten. So I go outside to investigate, and lo and behold she is in her jammies. So I ask her why she is home and she says "because I am sick, I have strep throat". WHAT?????? Well, I kept my composure and sent "neighbor girl" home, telling her I hope she feels better, but what I really wanted to do was go next door and tell the parents off!!!!!

The best part is ..(being sarcastic) my daughter and "neighbor girl" had been putting play makeup on. SHARING the same lipstick, eye shadow, blush, ect....they both looked like a couple of clowns. AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is (from past history) her parents probably had no clue that she even came outside, and that really ticks me off. So now MY kids are probably going to get strep throat. Maybe I will send them the doctor bill.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

Na....when your dd comes down with it...just send her over to give Mrs. DoDo a big huge wet KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then tell her to come straight home!!! :D

Sorry - I don't have much advice but I'd be livid too.

That's a great one all the way around. Sick kid with strep throat playing outside? And spreading her strep all over the place? Those parents sound like idiots alright.

Are you sure you dont live on my block? I've had that happen a few times. How about sending a kid over with chicken pox???Thats what my neighbor did. She thought they were "mosquito bites" And shes a NURSE!

Vent away, I can relate! We have seen our neighbor out a couple times when he has stayed home sick and he has tried getting my DS to play outside with him. The icing on the cake was yesterday DS came home from school sick, felt better, and couldnt understand why he had to stay in(after I went over it at school with him before we left).
I was brought up with the rule if you stay home from school or leave early, you are in the house for the day. I plan to stick to that with my kids.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the neighbor kid is not contagious. We've had occasions where there was strep in our house and other family members didn't get it. I don't recall if we were sharing lipsticks though:eek:

Oh that just stinks.

Strep is on it's 4th go-round at DS's daycare/school, because there was apparently one family (3 kids at the center) who kept sending their kids in even when they were still contagious. They've been asked to disenroll for 3 weeks to get it out of their system. Maybe that will knock it down.

Fingers crossed that you guys miss it.

Debbie

My oldest had strep over easter weekend and she never gave it to anyone at home. But I would be livid too.

I think we have the same neighbors, last week DD who is 6 came home and said the little girl across the street was sitting next to her on the bus and told her that she had head lice, but her mom made her go to school anyway. Dh called the school and lo and behold, guess who got sent home early and was home for several days. I washed her and her clothes and treated her with mayo and a blow dryer, and she didn't get the lice. Thank goodness, I still check her every day.

My kids never get strep. Now head lice, I would be LIVID!! One time right before a Disney trip someone asked if there sick child could come over, what insanity!!

I wish i could trade places with my neighbor so I could see how great it is to live next to me

98% of my neighbors are my SO's family.:rolleyes: 'Nuff said.:eek:

LOL, Jason.:teeth: Maybe we could find a way to clone you and have a neighborhood full of Jasons.:teeth: We could call it JasonWorld or JasonLand.:teeth:

In people, in general, who don't have the consideration to keep their germs to themselves is a BIG pet peeve for me. I get doubly mad when my kids are involved!:mad:

If this is any consolation: My pediatrician has always said that after a kid w/ strep has been on antibiotics for 48 hours they are no longer contagious. Hopefully, this was the case with "neighbor girl". If she was feeling well enough to go out and play, maybe it was bc. she has been on antibiotics.:confused:

The incubation period for strep is 2-7 days, after that your DD is in the clear. Best wishes.

I guess living next to Sanfred & Son is not that bad afterall...
I would rather look a back yard of "projects' that have my child exposed so matter of factly. Hope everything works out;)

Ugh, this drives me crazy. I'm a teacher and I'm all the time getting germy contagious (sp) kids. "I threw up today Ms. Sonya!" Yay for you. Then they cough all over their homework or my desk. Why are parents sending them to school? B/c daycare won't take them!
But the worst is my DSIL. She's 16 and we do lots of things with her. However my DMIL will still allow her to go out with us even if she's been home all day. Of course no one will mention she's sick until we catch something and then it's "Oh you must have caught what she had, she's been sick, etc." And since I've been pregnant I've tried to really watch b/c being sick and pregnant is the worst. We took her out to eat one night and we are sharing an appetizer when she happens to mention she's got a really sore throat! I was so mad at her I could have screamed! We had a little talk after that about if you are sick it's not nice to infect others, etc. You would think at 16 she would know better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter