My first Dream Cruise- 3-2-14

marquislaura

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow DISNEY fans.

First let me start by saying how helpful the DIS boards have been to me just by ready what others do, have liked, and disliked-or would have changed.

We will be traveling on the Disney Dream on March 2nd, 2014 for the 4 night cruise. (We booked the day they were released- so a few months ago). Everyone I know thought I was crazy for booking so early, but as you all know it is so much fun planning and looking forward to the trip- not to mention save up for it.

I will be traveling with my DH, DS(5 at the time of cruising), DD, Dstep-mom, DM, DSis, and neighbors. All in all there will be 10 of us right now. I hope we get more to join us.

After reading many reviews and when the day came to book, we all got the room choices that were on our list. We are staying in 5020- if you have not read about this room- oh my- I'm so excited we got it. It's more like a suite than room. The Williams Family did a nice review of the room so thanks to them. Here is a link to a review thay did: http://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com/2011/05/disney-dream-staterooms.html

My dad and step-mom got a verandah room on deck 10- here's a video I found on you tube taken by inside the magic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V8lJVsnv4c

My mom and sister are on deck 9 in an interior room.

Our neighbors are right next to us with connecting doors.- Our sons are 6 weeks apart and are best little friends.- I'm sure this will be nice at times, but hard at other times when trying to get them to settle down.

I was on our FE thread earlier and wrote this which lead to starting a pre-trip report:
"Ok Ladies-
It's been 4 months since we first started this group and still it's only the three of us. Will we ever get more of us to join? I did a little shopping over the last week. Of course I know we don't know how many will join us, and their ages, but I picked up a few items for little ones. Not sure how many really do travel with real little ones, but I saw something cute on sale and said- i'll put it in the box with the other items. (I already have the adult FE gift all figured out ! Yeah!)

Well, guess what- going to MGM on Wednesday (4-10-12). Just a day trip. It's nice that I can get over to the "EARS" in 1 1/2 hrs. We are getting the three day and have plans with my mom to go next month (staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort) My DM is taking DS to Magic Kingdom while my DH and I go to epcot. But that is not until first week of May. So this is just a little day over at MGM with DH and DS. I have not been in 10 years and DH and DS have never been. We always head to MK or Epcot. So I'm excited to see all the new stuff they have added for little ones.

I tried today to check and see how much the Comfort Inn and Suites is going to be, but they have not yet release March 3, 2014 to book yet. We are thinking of doing the check-in/ check-out for a day at Atlantis. Also thinking of Blue Lagoon for the Dolphin interaction, but not sure as my DH will be going to gamble at Atlantis no matter what!

I was thinking of starting a pre-trip report. I just might. . . . Since I am having so much fun planning."

So that leaves me here. So as you read we are off to Disney for the day. I will be sure to fill you in on my MGM day and other cruise planning items when I get back.

Thanks in advance for sharing in my special cruise planning!!!!

What a great little trip. Ok, so it had been forever since going to MGM- so now I know they are calling it Hollywood Studios. I guess I just had it in my head MGM so if you see me write MGM, just know that I’m not crazy. . . I really am talking about Hollywood Studios.

So we got up, I had everything ready to go. Got DS(4) up and we were out the door a few minutes before 7am. This allowed 2 hours to get there. I knew we would have some morning traffic on I-4, but with even a bathroom stop at the rest area right before Haines City (very clean rest stop by the way) we were pulling into park 15 till. This was great, we were parked in the 2nd row and at the end near the busses, so we cut across and avoided the crown walking up. Got in line to get our Florida res 3 day and were at the walking over to the gate as they planned the welcome music. I have to say I have not heard the welcome music too many times. We always seem to be running just a few minutes late.

We walked right in and headed for the Toy Story. We made a pit stop to get a picture with Goofy really fast as DS was so excited.

When we got to Toy Story it said it was a 25 minutes wait, but did not seem that long since we were so excited to go on the ride and since they had so many things to look at while in line. DS did the ride with me while DH was solo. OH MY!!!!! GREAT RIDE!!!!! We loved it. Great ride for all ages!!!

We then made our way over to see the Pirates of the Caribbean show, but it was closed- they said to come back in a hour or so. So we went to catch the Little Mermaid show. We timed that wonderfully. No line and walked right in long enough to chat a minute then the doors opened to go in and grab a seat. Wonderful show!!! DS loved the bubbles of course. While we were sitting for the show to start we looked to plan the next one or two things we were going to do. We saw the Disney Jr. show was going to start a few minutes after the Little Mermaid was over so we got in line for that. We were worried we would not get in, but the told us we would get in. I had not checked into this show before we went as I knew we would be going anyway so I did not know we would be sitting on the group. Not sure about that. Rows of seats would have been nice! Anyhow the show was great and DS loved it. Loved getting to see the new characters that he has been watching the past two years. (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse of course, but also, Doc McStuffins, Sofia, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates) Somehow we missed the picture area after the show but we made our way back later in the day.

Pirate show was now open and had a 30 minute wait. DS talked about it during the entire day, but I thought it was lack luster and not worth the wait.
As we were getting the stroller a tall green soldier came out and we quick snapped a picture. We also thought it might be a good time to get a fast pass to ride Toy Story again since the wait time was starting to increase.
We then made our way over to Beauty and The Beast show. We had packed a cooler so I quick grabbed it and found a seat. While we were waiting for the show to start we had our lunch (lunchable and slice cucumber for DS and hoggie sandwiched for DH and I) Just the right about since we had early dinner reservations. Great show- we all loved it! Nice costumes – I am sure the shows on the cruise will be similar type.

Since we were on that side of the park We went to see how long the wait was for Aerosmith roller coaster. Not too long so DH took DS for ice cream while I did the single rider line. LOVED IT!!!! And only waited 5 minutes. Got in right away.

After a DS outfit change from chocolate ice cream getting all over him, DH saw someone walking with a beer- so he went on a recon mission to find the beer. Yep- BEER- $5-$7 a beer in the park depending where you get it and what kind.

We were then off to Motion Light Action. We also stopped on our way to get a FP for Star Tours. WOW what a LONG walk. They walked us over to the far side. We got a seat on the end since we were planning on leaving early to make out FP time for Toy Story. DS LOVED that Lightning McQueen was in the show. That was a new addition since I was there last (10 years ago- I think I forgot to mention that earlier). We walked past the board that tells the time of the rides on our way to Motion Light Action and said Toy Story was a 110 minutes wait. We were glad we had gotten the FP. By the time we got to Toy Story at 2pm- it was down to 60 minutes, and the fast pass return was 8pm.

On our way to Star Tours we stopped for a picture with Lightning McQueen and Mater. Long line but cool- DS loved it!!!!

Sorry Photo Bucket is not letting me upload anything else at this point. I will have to try to figure it out. ??????????

Star Tours- we will definitely sign DS up next time first thing in the day to partake in the outside show. He thought that was so cool. Since he is only 4 – he just makes the height requirement by a inch or so (40 in or taller). I explained the ride was similar to the Antarctic ride at Seaworld so he would be prepared. He loved it, was a little scared but liked it. Took this great pic after.
We then made our way to Honey I shrunk the kids so DS could get some running around in. DH went to find another beer. 
Then off to our dinner reservations at the 50”s Prime Time. Sat in the bar area for a drink before our name was called. I remembered eating there when they first opened when I was 9. I loved it. This time was lack luster!!!! We had a guy waiter and he did not get into as like the ladies did. If ever we go again we will definitely request one of the ladies that has been there forever who knows how to really play it up.
After dinner we wanted to make sure to catch the Disney Jr. character before we saw Indiana Jones as they would be gone after the last show was over. To our surprise we got pics with Handy Manny and Jake. Oh my one of the highlights of the day was DS with Jake. He had a Jake 3rd b-day party.
We then made our way to Indiana Jones show. The highlight of the day for me was getting picked as an extra. It was cool to see DS looking at me from the stands. I loved participating!!!!
After a bathroom stop we made our way back to the car. I could have gone for Toy Story ride one more time or wait to get pics with the Toy Story Characters, but DH and DS were done.
So that was my little Hollywood Studios day trip. Will definitely do again!!!! Great park to do when you want to do a half day. There’s a good amount to do but not like Magic Kingdom where I could be from sun up to sun down. I would however love to see them add another ride or two.

As a side note it was cool to see all the crafty type stuff people wore. I am sure I even saw a few DIS designs. 

Until my next entry- when I get back on track of cruise planning. . . (and my little 3 day trip in May).
Have a Disney Kinda Day!

So it's been a little bit since I had the chance to write about the cruise. We are still in the timeframe of using our Disney 3-day. It does not expire until June 3rd so we decided to spread the visits apart. My last entry was all about our Hollywood visit. 2 weeks ago we did three days over at Disney. Stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Oh my what a great place. Our son just loved the pool area. The kiddie pirate area was the best!!! We did T-Rex one night for dinner which we were able to use my Landry's Card and since we were within the timeframe alloted for B-days- we got $25 off. That was a big help. We also had taken a cooler so that helped with lunch for 2 of the days and breakfast along with beverages (beer).

Then my mom took our son to MK for the day while my husband and I got to really enjoy Epcot. Did the rides in the morning then resort pool to relax then back to the park for around the world. I had made reservations at Germany, but once we were going around the world we saw that they kinda do like the Food and Wine festival with the little sations to get samples of food between $4-$8. We LOVED that about the Food and Wine Festival and if we would have know they did it for the Flower & Garde Festival also we would have skipped Germany and went for the samples- probably would have been cheaper. Oh well, Germany was great! The Beer & Cheese soup & Pretzel roll was out of this world!!!!

Then we hung by the pool on our last day since we were enjoying it so much verses going to Splitsville which was on the schedule. We rented a Sea Racer at the resort for $32 for 30 minutes. Great deal and husband and son LOVED it!!!

We still have one day left and plan to use it Tuesday for a little trip to MK. Can't wait!!!!

So yesterday I had a few minutes so I went into the Cruise item holding area (better knows as our guest room)- my husband says it's Disney crazy in there. Yep- that's me and you'll love it that I am all organized and have all this stuff so we are not worried about it the day before or even while on the ship.

I have been collecting FE stuff. Just whenever I see something little I've gotten it so it was good to take inventory. I have the adults, babies, the little girls and little boys down. Still working on the teens. And of course not know how many of each I will really need. oh well- can' help myself to start getting stuff.

I had also ordered bags from mailpix via a groupon that you can upload images to. After a little mess up on their part I finally got the right ones. I uploaded images designed by DISers. They are great. I started putting the little gifts I have gotten for everyone going with us (family & neighbors) in each on their bags to keep it organized. My plan is to give them their bag with goddies for Christmas.

I gave water shoes as a mother's day gift this year. This way they have them for the cruise. They loved them and thought it was cool to start their own cruise area.

After looking into CS for an Atlantis trip I was on the fence. I was thinking yes since Dson had such a great time at CBR on the water flume, but really $103 pp- (yes I know that is less than what DCL is charging) but I think I would rather enjoy the ship and just take him to Blizard Beach a month later. I do plan on getting off the ship but not for too long. I would like to make a trip to the market as I was 9 the last time I went.

Well, until next time. . . . . .

Wow, It has been forever since I wrote here. I guess I have been writing so much on our group facebook page and other facebook groups that I left this one out.

So we are 10 days away. So excited! So much to share. First of all I have learned so much from the DISBOARDS. So thank you all!!!!! I think and am hoping that all the time reading the trip reports and asking questions will really pay off for a fantastic cruise vacation.

Once again to re-cap there will be 10 of us total going on this cruise. Myself, DH, DS5, our neighbors 2 adults and their DS5 (our sons are best friends). We are in rooms 5022 and 5020. They are the large family rooms with 2 port holes, only 1 bathroom but we get 2 TV's. So I am excited about that. This way when the kids want watch Disney movies and my husband wants to watch sports, they all will be happy- you'll find me on the aqua duck. :cool1: Then there is my mom and sister on deck 9 interior room, and dad and step mom on deck 10 in the back of the ship. Their veranda is so big, I think -via video I've seen on you tube- it's bigger than the room. :)

We got shirts made for all of us to wear as we board. So excited about that. I also have a few special things up my sleeve for them as gifts once on board. Will post pics in post trip report.

We are participating in the FE exchange. We have a total of 12 families in our group. I made my FE from the $5 Ikea one thinking it would be cheaper than ordering one. Wow was I wrong. Even with using craft store coupons and getting items on sale I spent way more decorating it then just ordering one. Oh well- but I LOVE IT!!!! Now the gifts take up one whole large suitcase. Not sure how others are doing it when flying. (we are driving)

So as of today here is the plan of stuff I think/ want/ would like/ hoping will happen.

We plan on leaving Land O Lakes FL, (about 20 minutes north of the Tampa Airport) at 7:30 am Sunday morning.

Plan to drive straight to Park N Cruise. Todd and Jillian have been great setting our 4 car reservation up. We plan on all getting there at the same time and all taking the shuttle over together. Yep all 10 of us and our all our luggage. We want to be there no later than 10am.

Then onto the port. We all have a PAT of 10:30 am. We all are happy with our rooms so we are not planning on upgrading, just take pictures and take it all in. I have per-registered my DS5 for the kids club and plan on getting him situated at port since we have such an early PAT. And of course our first Mickey or Minnie Picture.

When our number is called and we get to enter the ears- I have been trying to think of crazy creative names we could use but since it is our first we plan to use our real last name.

Then heading straight for guest services- dropping off our items to be autographed (a pillow case for my son and photo mat). Then to register for tastings. Not sure how many, will have to wait to see when and which ones they offer, but excited about that.

Then right to the Aqua Duck- I really hope the weather works with us. We are Floridians so we are not crazy ones to swim in 60 degree weather.

Then grab some food from Cabanas.

Room at 1:30pm.

Check out Kids club and maybe Spa before life boat drill.

Sail away on deck 12 so we can waive to all on Fish Lips web cam.

Of Course all this with a drink in hand- hey I'm on vacation right?

Then the rest of the night is show, dinner, and a night cap- I'm sure.

Day 2- Nassau,

I am planning on getting off for just a bit to do a walking tour- nothing big. Some others in the group plan on heading to Atlantis to gamble (throw) some hard earned money away and see the place, while a few others plan on staying on the ship.- Kids will be at kids club.

Then typical stuff the rest of the day, maybe a tasting, show, dinner. Oh forgot to mention we have the late dinner. Since we just have the 2 boys and rest are all adults in our group we thought this would be best as they are grazers and will eat whenever. We plan on them going to dinner with us, having a bite then begging to go to the kids club.

I got a Rainforest 1 day pass already ($16 as a in room gift pre-ordered) and thinking about using it this day as I know it will be busy on the at sea day.

Day 3- CC
I plan on delivering my FE gifts first thing then getting ready for our 10am Jet ski appointment.

Rest of the day open for whatever- Of course Pirate night!!!!

Day 4- At Sea

We have 10 AM Palo Brunch reservations with my dad and step mom. So looking forward to it.

Putt Putt and chill time, maybe another tasting????

And I forgot to mention we are planning on getting the all included picture packet. My parents are pitching in since they would be wanting Family pics with us and my son- it just made sense for us. Now- knowing this going into it we plan on taking every chance we get to have them take our picture and not avoid them because of not wanting to fall in love with the picture and having to pay $20 for it. I'll let you know how that works out.

So with that said I am not going to talk about day 5!!!!!!

So yep, I guess I have ideas going in but have not organized every moment so that I can't enjoy the random things.

I am half packed now and should be finished with in a few days. Since I work every day between now and then except for one I needed to start early.

Well, until next time-

Happy Cruising,

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter