My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Yeah, maybe that was it. All the adult sides cost the same a la carte, so they are swapped freely when ordering the adult meals.
Do you know if you can make a substitution at breakfast as well? I was thinking of getting the American Breakfast, but I don't eat bacon, so I am wondering if they'd give me a side of fruit instead?

Do you know if you can make a substitution at breakfast as well? I was thinking of getting the American Breakfast, but I don't eat bacon, so I am wondering if they'd give me a side of fruit instead?

I don't know the answer to that one. I don't really like Flo's breakfasts. They do serve fruit with the kids' meal there, so they might be willing to accommodate, but willingness to do so is often related to availability of a button on the cash register. If there isn't an option for them to remove bacon, and add fruit, they might not be able to do so.

Thank you so much for all your posts / pictures Figment - they are so helpful and wonderful to see ahead of our trip in 10days. I have to make a list - I started one but it's going to be a heck of a lot longer after seeing all these : )

and.... BriannaRuth - thank you for your post on the DLH A/Tea - we are doing this on 10/1 - it will be the Halloween Tea but gives us an idea on what to expect. The part about the premium tea was particularly helpful - I had been wondering about this. Sounds like it is the way to go, particularly as they do the cider for kids which my 11yr old will really like - I had been unsure of whether to do premium for me and classic for him (not sure if I could do that anyway) but that answers that question, he loves cider!
Man, I would be so annoyed about children misbehaving like that. Some people just have no idea do they or they just don't care : )

I'm

They will try to accommodate requests there for breakfast. I haven't tried bacon for fruit but I have potatoes for fruit no issue. I can't imagine it being an issue

I'm

They will try to accommodate requests there for breakfast. I haven't tried bacon for fruit but I have potatoes for fruit no issue. I can't imagine it being an issue

Now that I think about it, I know my son has substituted potatoes for eggs at Riverbelle and probably now Zocalo, so they do seem pretty able to switch things around overall. The more likely thing to get told no about is asking for something a la carte. While there are definitely locations set up to offer a la carte items, at the places that aren't allowed or set up to do that, we always get told "sorry, no, I don't have a button for that."

I love to look at the food pictures so here are some from yesterday, our arrival day. I apologize if it doesn't post correctly, I haven't added photos in a long time

Tangarora terrace teriyaki chicken sandwich
IMG_4843.JPG
Tropical salad with shrimp
IMG_4844.JPG

Carnation Cafe
House salad
IMG_4849.JPG
Baked Potato Soup
IMG_4850.JPG
MeatloafIMG_4851.JPG

Mummy cupcake and peanut butter sandwich from Marceline's
IMG_5038.JPG
Rancho del Zocalo. Tostata Salad with beef (beans on the side not in pic)
IMG_5082.JPG
Mexican chocolate parfait also from Rancho
IMG_5085.JPG

Cozy Cone Bacon Mac n Cheese cone
IMG_4918.JPG
Lucky Fortune Cookery. Asian rice bowl with beef and Thai coconut curry sauce. This is the one thing I truly didn't like. Rice was fine, but the beef was fatty and the sauce was just strange.
IMG_5088.JPG
Ghiradelli chocolate shake
IMG_5090.JPG
Pacific Wharf Chicken apple and walnut salad in bread bowl
IMG_4888.JPG
Clarabelle's Ice Cream. Hand dipped ice cream bars chocolate/chocolate chips
IMG_4894.JPG
Chocolate with the whole herd
IMG_4895.JPG

French Market. Beef stew bread bowl
IMG_4914.JPG

We shared a lot of the items, especially the chicken dinner and the soup/salad bread bowls

Stage Door Cafe corn dog with fries
IMG_5013.JPG
Also Stage Door. Mozzarella sticks with fries and marinara sauce (not in pic). This is a secret menu item that you have to ask for
IMG_5014.JPG
Also Stage Door. Strawberry funnel cake. This is really big, another thing we split
IMG_5016.JPG

Plaza Inn. Chicken dinner (when you ask for all white you get 2 breast instead of the three leg, breast, thigh)
IMG_5019.JPG

Golden Horseshoe. Chocolate Chunk cookie sundae. This was ok, but we wanted the ice cream nachos secret menu item we read about but were told they don't do them anymore.
IMG_5023.JPG
Pacific Wharf. Chinese chicken salad. We liked this but think the Apple walnut salad is much better

IMG_5040.JPG

Hungry Bear. Crispy Chicken sandwich
IMG_5036.JPG
Also Hungry Bear picnic salad
IMG_5037.JPG

Last edited:
That's about all the photos I have, if anyone has questions about any of the items I'm happy to answer.

" Plaza Inn. Chicken dinner (when you ask for all white you get 2 breast instead of the three leg, breast, thigh)
img_5019-jpg.274352

" * picture by Shelly S

Shelly S, Was there an upcharge for asking for all white meat?

Last edited:
img_4918-jpg.274342

* Picture by Shelly S

Shelly S. How big are the cones? is it more of a snack?

Last edited:
How big are the cones? is it more of a snack?

It is a filling snack, about the size of a waffle cone but a little shorter and wider at the top. The mac n cheese goes all the way down. We split the pot pie and then shared this a little later and were full

Plaza Inn. Chicken dinner (when you ask for all white you get 2 breast instead of the three leg, breast, thigh)

By the same token, I wonder if you could ask for all thighs? I'm going to have to try that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter