My Disney Experience question

sjuncfan

Mouseketeer
I'm the main planner in the family and the only one with MDE on my phone. Does my husband need it in case we want to split up during the day? Would he log on to my account with his phone or does he need his own account? (and then I guess we'd need to link tickets, etc). When people talk about one person getting an ILL and one person getting G+, are they doing that on the same account on different phones? We leave tomorrow and I realized that's one part I hadn't really thought through. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm also the main planner of my family and the one with all the disney knowledge. During my most recent trip this January we used genie + and LL for the first time, and after the first two days I realized I needed a second phone to be more effective getting individual LL and Genie + at the same time. I decided to ask my sister if she would let me use her phone and with her blessing I downloaded the MDE app on her iphone and signed in with my account. We didn't have any trouble using my account on both phones and getting LL and genie + at 7:00 am at the same time. Although I would recommend teaching your husband beforehand how to do it because I didn't with my sister and we almost lost a Genie+ for slinky dog. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

I always download it onto my husband's phone before a trip and give him a quick tutorial. Also then I have a second phone for the app on it.

We all have separate account log ins but link all family members in all of our accounts. In June, DD & I split Genie + & ILL duties. We had a daily strategy- at same resort but different buildings. At 7 it was go time for both of us - then we texted the results to one another. Worked great.

What we found works best was to have all of the adults in the same room on ONE MDE account. They can each log in as required and it is far less complicated then having multiple accounts. We traveled with other relatives and had a total of 3 rooms and each room had their own account. We were connected using the friends/family feature (don't recall Disney's exact name for that). One person made ALL of the ADR's for the entire group.

If someone isn't good using the MDE app, they can easily mess up/delete things like ADR's and what used to previously be FastPass (but no longer offered). Anyone who plans to use MDE should try it at home prior to your trip.

What we found works best was to have all of the adults in the same room on ONE MDE account. They can each log in as required and it is far less complicated then having multiple accounts. We traveled with other relatives and had a total of 3 rooms and each room had their own account. We were connected using the friends/family feature (don't recall Disney's exact name for that). One person made ALL of the ADR's for the entire group.

If someone isn't good using the MDE app, they can easily mess up/delete things like ADR's and what used to previously be FastPass (but no longer offered). Anyone who plans to use MDE should try it at home prior to your trip.
If you have 6 adults (for example), with MDE on their phones AND they are all linked - it doesn’t matter whether they log in with their own PWs or 1 person’s PW, they’ll still see the same thing and be able to make changes. If you had people in your group likely to screw things up, I’d suggest having a talk with them. For sure get comfortable with the app and get up to date on Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter