My Canon S1 IS camera problem.

hopemax

Note to Self:
I mentioned in one of the threads, that I went to take a picture on Easter and found out that my camera was dead. I was freaked out, especially with the job news, but thanks to the trusty internet :rotfl: I found out that this model, as well as several other models used a defective CCD image sensor.

Canon agreed to repair or replace defective cameras, even if they were no longer under warranty. We contacted Canon, they sent us a mailing label, we shipped them our camera, and today I got a refurbished S5!

I remember when I got my camera, other scrapbooker's mentioned having this model, or a Canon, so I wanted to let people know to check to see if there are known issues, and don't just assume you are out a camera.

The symptom of my problem, was the viewfinder was black and flickering, but when you would point it at light you would see part of what you were supposed to see, and still lots of flickering.

Here is Canon's Notice

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...goryid=223&modelid=9824&keycode=2112&id=29819

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter