My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

Well the other day I finally figured out how to solve my delicious delima of passing the time while I go from DFW Airport to Heathrow come late August.:scratchin

And it comes in the form of -

me buying a biographical book on P.L. Travers, "Mary Poppins She Wrote," as well as a dvd documentary about the Sherman Brothers "The Boys" in addition to the Cab Calloway cd.

So I figure as in with any relationship, there are always two sides to every story so it is going to be quite interesting to say in the least to read up on Ms Travers & see what made her write what she wrote, her reaction to seeing her Poppin's characters being protrayed in the way that they were portrayed in the Disney film we all love and enjoy seeing all the years to seeing what Walt's reaction was (if any) to her reaction, etc.
And that Sherman Brothers dvd has me curious as well.

I mean hey - with about a 10 hour direct flight to London, these two things (along with that Cab Calloway cd I am now loading up on my I-pod) outta keep me plenty busy and make for quite a tale to read up on as I plan to blogging about it in my below listed DISneyland Trip report u c listed in my below listed signature.:upsidedow

AND SPEAKIN' OF MOVIES.......

I am now near DFW Airport and just got out from a AMC Movie theatre presentation of "The Hobbit"......... THAT MOVIE ROCKED!!

From it's storyline, script, music, camera shots, etc - you name it it was WELL WORTH taking almost 3 hours to watch it!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And to think, there is still a part 3 to this movie!! Don't know when it will come out nor be released but I plan on seeing it.

GOTTA though first see the Muppet movie that's slated to come out in 90 days............;)

ANYWHO -

Ladybug got dropped off ok and checked into her "hotel" (her Vet for boarding) ......say there's 'something wrong here' when her nightly room and tax is only a mere $18/nght!!!!

Hmmmmmm.......remind me next time to say something to the "hotel Manager" ...... :lmao:
cuz how much are we 2-legged Human Beings pay for OUR nightly room and Tax when we frequent a hotel??

So as I was droppiong her off,
She had that confused look of "DADDY.... DON'T LEAVE ME!! :sad:look on her face which I will admit I really had to hold back from crying as this is the first time in a long time we will be away from each other.
Yes, I had a long talk with her last night as well as this morning but I can tell it didn't help both sides as we obviously are gonna miss each other.

But with thoughts of a Cinamon roll in my head, I bid her a fond adieu and off I went to Grapevine Mills Mall......WOW!! Being there when the mall first opens up really helped as I was able to get in not 4 but 5 WALK FASTING laps around the Mall as that really helped out when at the end of the 5th lap wouldn't ya know it........I just 'had' to make that stop off at Cinabon and check out their cinamon rolls....... ** YYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!! ****

And the popcorn at the movie theatre hit the spot as well.

SO, now I have boogied on over to the Hilton DFW Area lakes hotel for a wee bit in time for some 5pm -10pm wine tasting out at Grapevine Texas followed by a rousing group dinner at a nearby restaurant.:)

Looking forward to the wine tasting (pics and video forthcoming I promise) as I can tell I am beginning now to get out of my 'business mode' and now am swinging full blown into my 'vacation mode.'
I get a feeling what has helped was the 11:10am Hobbitt movie was well over an hour LATE in downloading onto their main server so they offered us a few choices as alternative solutions and I was still able to see it AND receive a comped movie/popcorn and drink vouchers for my return!! ** WAY COOL **

So be on the lookout for me to def see the Muppet movie in mid April which is the next time I go on a small vacation as I will be seeing the Highlander games at Scarborough Faire (Waxahachie Texas), etc as part of me kicking off my London /Scotland adventure come August.

ALLRIGHTEE ----

updating my trip report will be spotty over the next 12 days of so but yes, do expect me from time to time to make a quite update.:goodvibes

Got plenty of gigs of film so that shouldn't be an issue.
Gotta a Employee rate room reserved at the hotel where I work at (near DFW Airport).......

Gonna get in very late tonight -:stir:

Flight 4 LaLA land leaves in 15 more hours......

Hmmmm.....
I'd say ** BRING IT!! **

** IT HAS BEGUN **popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:wave2:
&
Cheers

Catching up!

You heading off soon? Safe travels.

Is Davy Jones joining you????

Hey....ya never know WHO I might bump into while out in SO CAL.;)

3 yrs ago, I met Randy Jackson as well as the Jonas Brothers while out visiting the Henson Muppet Studios.:yay:
(running a Muppet is like doing the weather on tv.....everything is backwards.....aka up is down right is left, etc.)

I also crashed a Time Magazine seminar one time while on the ABD's "Spirit of America" adventure........all while in search of some much needed Dr Pepper (at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC).;)

Besides.....I always seem to have this crazy habit of striking up converations with complete strangers while on my vacation adventures - makes for some quite interesting times.:goodvibes

LIKE LAST NIGHT -:rolleyes1
PRE-DAY #2 of 2:drinking1
Balmy temps here in Dallas, Texas with high temp of 61 degrees.

It was sooooooo much fun enjoying some different kinds of wines from http://grapevinewinetours.com/ with the highlight IMO being the place called Su Vino Winery - as they had a wild and fun assortment of Seasonal wines that were fruity in nature:

1) "Peachy Keen," a Peach wine.
2) "Summer Rain," an Apple wine.
3) "Frankenwine", a Pumpkin wine.

Out of all their wines, I luved the Toasted Snowman" (a Raspberry White Zinfandel) which is quite not like me as I normally enjoy Merlots.

Here is a small blip from the tour -:goodvibes

**DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO W/YOUR MOUSE & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Another place we stopped off at was this little gem as
the Homestead Winery had some Chocolate Wine that I really liked as well -

(an example of some of the wines they have to offer)

With the evening being capped off with a wonderful Chicken Alfredo meal and a big ol glass of red wine that couldn't be beat.

and b4 hand, their salad really really hit the spot-

But the after dinner desert was just exactly what 'the Doctor ordered';)

Even met a bunch of wonderful couples from all walks of life; especially one couple just celebrating their 1 yr wedding aniversary who drive Harleys.:yay:

Converations were a plenty last night as the same with the wine. Realy enjoyed the evening.:cool2:

BUT..........
Who says ya can't teach an ol' Dog like me new tricks??:confused3

I learned from my days while visiting Ireland 2 yrs a ago and after I got dropped off back at the Hilton Hotel, I grabbed me a quick shot of..... H20;) back at the bar and then sauntered on up to my room back at where I work at (10 minute drive from the Hilton) with a nice bottle of Bunratty Honeymeade Wine (I ordered online) and some Irish chocolate to compliment it and just chilled out nibbling on the chocolate and wine while chilling out in a pretty cool hot bath while some Disney tunes were playing on my Ipod shuffle.

The bubblebath really helped
to get my body ready for the am with lights out for me arriving wayyyy too early around 1:30am.

AND SPEAKIN' OF TIME......
the Cabbie driver is here!:thumbsup2

I am off to DFW Airport.

UP NEXT:
DAY ONE OUT IN SO CAL
&
DID I RUN INTO ANY 'LEGALLY BLONDE' WANNA-BEES??

STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers

DAY ONE
in Pasadena California w/Sunny Skies
& high temp of 74 degreespopcorn::

So much to see & so much to do......

Got in to LAX ok.........
HEY!!!! ** LOOK HOW MUCH AIRPLANE LAP BELT I HAVE LEFT OVER AFTER ALL THAT WEIGHT I HAVE LOST!!:woohoo:

Tho I will say that a lady sittin' next to me thought it was just a 'wee bit creepy' of me to be taking pics like that but after I explained to her why (my weight loss, etc), she warmed up ok to me and what I was doing.:goodvibes

Now, the moment I touched down into LAX,
it was too much fun seeing the women here wearing those what looks like snow boots for foot wear - don't get that ....esp in 78 degree weather but whatever.;)

My room (12 floor) is just FAB!!

Pic of the hotel at night:

Pics forthcoming I promise.

The room is
very spacious and very roomy.
Justine (YMT VACATIONS) - very nice and very informative Guide. I can tell I feel at home with her. Staying at Sheraton Gateway hotel next 4 nights.

Got group orientation in 15 minutes then I am off to Manhattan Beach Pier followed by a nice dinner there somewhere then back to the hotel for a good cardio /core workout at their fitness center...I checked it out - pretty good facility.:thumbsup2

Choosing not to read the news NOR watch PRO FOOTBALL..........:faint:
cuz I am on vacation.:cool1:

Allrightee - I am outta here 4 now.

Peace out.:goodvibes

&
Cheers

Ah enjoy I am as I promise to behave.;)

ANYWHO-
DAY 2
Sunny skies here in Pasadena California:cloud9:
and today is my.....birthday!! - YYEEAAAA!!:goodvibes

This is turning out exactly the way I wanted it 2b as this is a very complex adventure set forth with many complexities yet YMT Vacations and the Sheraton Hotel is really making this one incredible vacation that is just leaving me with one huge smile in my heart.:goodvibes

Example, I always tell the Guests where I work at if they travel at least once a year for leisure, to bring an extension cord so they can plug in all their plug-in portable devices and put the cord somewhere in the hotel room to where it's obnoxious and obvious to the eye.

** GET IT?? **

This was you won't lose things like -
I phones, I-pads, cell phones, cell phone chargers, etc
(Guests lose these things BIG TIME!!)

Well.....wouldn't ya know it, while enroute to LAX, my portable dvd player up and stopped working!! - RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:sad2:

AND.........
Goofy me DIDN'T bring my I-pod charger!!
DOUBLE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:upsidedow

These two issues were really beginning to stress me out and heyyy.......
I AM ON VACATION remember??:mad:

Now here is where Greg (Front desk Sheraton) comes in......:scratchin
I relay on over to him via....no doubt a rant of sorts.......

being dressed like the front cover of GQ;) (I was wearing my long sleeve t-shirt from last night, pair of running shorts and tenny shoes as I was on my way to their fitness center overnight) -

Upon hearing from me that of all days, today is my birthday!!:goodvibes
Well -:idea:

He goes up and tells me to enjoy a full breakfast at the Sheraton and he will address the folio charges!!!:cheer2:

This came totally unexpected to me and I really have to say brought not only a smile back into my heart but helped me to chill out and smile......

Since on my end,
I will now be having a parcel awaiting for me when I arrive at the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf in a few more days.......
** A BRAND NEW PORTABLE 9-inch SONY swivel screen dvd player **

AND -
to boot....
the overnight staff made sure my I-pod got fully charged back up and pointed me in the direction on where to go to get another one for my journeys into one pretty neat vacation.

HIGHLIGHT FROM LAST NIGHT -
While out at a French restaurant last night ("Creme de a Crepe"), a single Mother was having issues (to say in the least) with her Son (I am guessing Son was 3 or 4 yrs old).

Their logo -

and inside look into their place (pretty neat place to eat & unwind) -

(interior shot of the restaurant)

Kid was being very very disruptive so I decided to take a negative here and turn it into a positive by.....

using what French I know and asked if him if I could use some of his crayons.....
he handed some to me & I proceeded to draw for him a cat.:goodvibes

Kid luved it!!
So did the Mother who didn't know any English.

Made her day -
made mine too.....

as I got to enjoy some French Onion soup and later on some scrum-de-lee-umptious Wheatberry mix Veggie crepes.:cool2:

(The soup was just FAB!!)

and of course, ya can't ferget about the Crepe!
YYUUMM!!

Pictures forthcoming I promise along with more on an in depth daily Trip report.

ENJOYING SUNNY SKIES WITH HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70'S -:goodvibes

&
CHeers

From French food last night, to Huevos Rancheos this am to now tonight of Italian food (hmmmm......gotta order some wine with this:goodvibes) -
WOW~~

Some Huevos Rancheos.....THEY WERE DELIC!!

Here is a pic of the Beach we saw-

But while there......
now if I only was quick enuf to snap a pic of a delivery person last night (while at the beach), taking his delivery on......

a skateboard.;).

P.S.
With a direct flight from DFW to Heathrow looming over the horizon, it sure feels great knowing now that I have a replacement I-pod charger and cord and will also be having a new portable dvd player shipped to me in time for when I arrive at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf.

(some of the places we saw this am)

and -

The history behind that plane -

(I reeaallyy wanted to take pics inside Marine 1 & Airforce 1 but NO - seriously - NO THEY DO NOT ALLOW THAT.) .

But to walk through all of this kind of history (no, I didn't say that I am a "R" or a "D", it's the history that I was after & YES, very emotionally moving the whole place. Really enjoyed my visit there.

RR Prez Oval office -

(FYI - just think of what the Oval Office 'looks like' in Washington's day at the "President's house in Colonial Phily to now this)-

with....

(me just outside the Rose Garden) -

and lastly, here is a pic of a piece of the Berlin Wall that also have on display -

** THANK YOU YMT VACATIONS & SHERATON HOTEL **

T.T.F.N.popcorn::
&
Cheers

Dreaming of chocolate heaven when I arrive at "that Soda shop" across the street from the Kodak theatre tomorrow.:goodvibes

Sorry to disappoint....but 'that soda shop' is closed. :(

No worries as yes, this is the same soda shop I will be visiting while also in San Fran's Pier area......so I feel that this just means I get to try more different things from their menu.;)

ANYWHO -
And speaking of that -
Day 2 Highlights:

Met my very first 'White Suitor" *** TOO COOL ***

Later on that evening,
had total fun tonight talking up a storm with 4 of the Rose Bowl Parade Student Ambassadors and while conversing with them, I asked what was the 'funnest' food that have had catered and the majority of the answer came back as "In & Out Burger.":cloud9:

Here are some of this yrs Student Ambassadors -

and -

(they are wearing id badges and ribbons to be easily spotted) -

I tell ya, it was so much dang fun seeing all those floats in their final stages of being prepped for their big day-

and -

Got one more for ya -:)

and -

(me having fun) -

Allrightee - off to sip on a few "Dark and Stormy Nights' drinks at the another close by hotel while conversing w/some YMT Vacationers I met earlier today, etc followed by 'checking out' a few things left for me back inside my room by some special people acknowledging my birthday.......popcorn::

* cheesecake, m&m choc chip cookies & a nice bottle of local merlot wine. *

THAT &.......I met someone here (who has an annual pass to DISNEYLAND) who we will be seeing each other again for a pretty fun Disneyland time when she & I head out to the House of Mouse (Anaheim) in a few more months.
Details coming up when I get back into DFW.

Afterwards, we all went on over to the Pavilion for a nice dinner & learned a wee bit more about the Rose Bowl Parade:

From the "I never knew this" file - :goodvibes

and -

P.S.
High temp in Pasadena on Jan 1st is 81 degrees w/sunny skies.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.:goodvibes
&
Cheers

DAY 3:goodvibes
High Temp of 76 degrees w/sunny skies

(some of the places we saw today)

I can tell DAY 3
is now shaping up to be quite a treat for me as we will be taking in an approx. 7 hour tour of LALA land.:thumbsup2

And the funnest;) part is that I will be doing some various food and drink 'grazing' all day with just a few stops being for me:

1) to nibble on some Shepard's Pie at the PIG & WHISTLE (Hollywood)
2) be on a quest to find some Red Velvet cupcakes while at the Normandie Bakery (Farmers Market). hmmmm.....but what to drink w/it??:confused3 T.B.C.......
3) grab some produce for January 1st (am) and other things I will be wanting to nibble / drink (T.B.A. as well....) while also at the Farmers Market.

Then......
4). Make a stop off at 'that soda shop' and see all what they have. (Hollywood).

Thinking seriously about their "Treasure Island Warm brownie Sunday.":goodvibes

5) *** FIND RUNYAN CANYON!! **:goodvibes
(OUCH!! JUST FOUND OUT THAT THATS ABOUT A 15 MINUTE WAKLK FROM THE RENAISSANCE HOTEL SO THATS OUT since we only will have a wee bit over an hour 'on yer own time' in Hollywood!!)

But about my Foodie Run?
YYUUMM!!!!:cool2:
** PICS & VIDEO FORTCOMING I PROMISE **

and this is only through 4pm today -:upsidedow

Tonight on is when it gets crazy for the next 36 hours as I get a feeling orange juice, donuts and or Dr Pepper will be my best friend.:rolleyes1

ANYWHO -
Gotta chance to see the Rose Bowl pre game Hospitality Pavilion last night and was really impressed by it as well as the stadium. I can tell that place is gonna be rockin' very shortly.

Wish I cud have lunch at the Magic Castle but oh well...........

P.S. Yes, 2 very nice people from our tour group did say they saw Jay Leno.:cool2:

and yes, in preparation for today, I just pulled 4 miles on the hotel's fitness rooms tread mill at a 4.5% incline and 1 mile on the Elipitical (hope I spelled it right) at 16 for difficulty level & I tell ya, that machine really works your quads!!:woohoo:
Love to watch tv while I am on those machines.:goodvibes
(burned just a tad bit over 1000 calories fyi) -

Until Next time -
** HAPPY NEW YEAR **** & GO GREEN!!
now if Max Bullough will just behave for State.......

(Sunny skies today & I am thinking seriously about wearing shorts today while checking out the sights as well as the Legally Blonde Wanna-bees.) -:p

(some of the stars I saw today while out in Hollywood) -

&
Cheers

DAY 3:3dglasses
continued -

The Sheraton hotel is OVERsold out today and sold out New Years Day -:upsidedow
and the Michigan State Alum Association is hanging out at our hotel as well.:goodvibes

There is like a sea of green EVERYWHERE at the Sheraton.
**** GO GREEN!! ****

ANYWHO -
Took a ton of pics & video today
with highlight being seeing all the changes at the El Capitan Theatre and the Ghiradeli Soda Shop.:goodvibes

for some -

And oh ya, a lot of people where jealous when they saw pics of what I ordered (the "Treasure Island).:woohoo:

ANYWHO -

(some of the stars I saw that day)

and who can't forget -

Was able to get in all what I mentioned above in the previous posting (BUT NOT THE PIG & WHISTLE FOR SOME FISHERMAN'S PIE since we just ran outta time) , including picking up some apple fritters and beignets at the Farmers Market. And what made everything complete for me was a quick stop over at the Roosevelt Hotel for a Margarita. = YUM!!
and
also i also got an opportunity to pick up some Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey liqueur for the next few days.
(sorry but no Honeymeade).

But speakin' of the old Farmers Market -
Tho do have some fruit I bought there and will bring them along with some breakfast bars & bottled water to the Rose Bowl parade.:goodvibes
& while there, had my very first clam chowder (5 cups) bread bowl.......= DOUBLE YUM!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Pretty cool day 3 with 4 almost upon me.
Allrightee -
been real ......

Off to hotel hop for a bit b4 I have thoughts of hanging out with VIP TOURS all day New Years day.:yay:
Overall, was a very nice day with a great bunch of people on BUS #18 via YMT Vacations.

CYA N THE EARLY AM.:surfweb:
(alarm set for 4:30am):crazy2:

&
Cheers

DAY 4:hyper:
Sunny skies here in Pasadena w/high of 79 degrees

PIC#1
Complete fun & crazy -;)
better than NYC NYE partying...........:3dglasses

Just broke my vacation wake up call request of '180 minutes' from when I need 2 get up......:rolleyes1

But hey it's a vacation & just remember:

** WHAT HAPPENS WHILE ON VACATION STAYS ON THE INTERNET **:lmao:

Made it ok to the VIP Tours Guest pick up locale (6:15am) at the Sheraton and WOW! VIP really took care of us with plenty of Muffins, assorted juices and such while we slowly made our way on over to the Parade route on Colorado Blvd (the East side of it as we were approx. 40 minutes into the parade) - FYI.

(The Queen & Her Court)

** DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Never been to a live parade b4, it was really fun to see all those floats LIVE!!
My mouth just dropped seeing them like this cuz remember, I saw a lot of those the other night in their 'finishing up' phase and to see them now all finished.....TRUELY AMAZING.:thumbsup2

** DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Now some people in and around me were shall we say, very pretentious and or had attitudes when it came to attempting to tell other parade attendees what to do as I & a few others paid them no mind and just went about my business.:rolleyes1

Example: Like this person....

She didn't like the kind of shirt I was wearing......;)

**SERIOUSLY **

ANYWHO -
The parade temps were just right and so was the atmosphere - overall luved it. Really made my day but WAIT!!
What's a parade without a few bands??;)

Soon the parade was over &

(me enjoying the Parade) -

we left the parade and made it back onto the VIP Tours motor-coach (not bus) in time to boogy on over now to the game &......
There is still more to come -:woohoo:

***** GO GREEN!! ******

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

CYA @ THE GAME -

(seeing the stadium on the dway over just sent chills down my spine cuz woo-hoo!!! - IT'S HAPPENING!! IT'S REAL!!) -

T.T.F.N.popcorn::
& CHEERS

Happy New Year!
DAY 4
continuedpopcorn::

THANK U -:goodvibes
May your 2014 be fun -

ANYWHO
The right team won tonight's Rose Bowl game....

** JUST DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

ya know, the one with the cuter cheerleaders!!;)
THAT GAME ROCKED!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Tho, I will say - at first it was a slugfest:

THE KICKOFF:

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4U **

But then trouble began & we fell behind......

** Double click over the above video & it will play 4 u **

But just then....things began to change -

**DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

and the halftime show was pretty COOLLLLLLL if ya ask me;)

** DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4U **

VIDEO#1

VIDEO#2

From the Stanford quarterback throwing up on the sideline to everyone in Tunnel 21 Row 18 all agreeing that no one really 'got' the concept of the dancing Stanford Christmas tree mascot......:confused3 -
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK..... all kiddin' aside here -;)

and the way it ended - TOO COOL!!
Just being part of the game and experiencing it from some pretty cool seats location - its was like you were IN the game!
And feeling the confetti cascade all around you with the fireworks going off = WAY COOL

Even had fun sitting next to some Ohio State Buckeye Fans w/them & I pretending to 'not get along w/each other' as a way to get on TV

(THANK YOU - YOU WERE KIND) -

Before hand, had a total blast hanging out at the Hospitality Village for their pre-game festivities:
Food & drinks were a plenty there and so was the atmosphere just awash in a sea of green
(I made sure I stayed on 'the green side');)

Yes, there were a ton of people there for the game (approx 95k in attendance) but I chose to view it as a primer for how it is going to be for me when I go to Disneyland & Catalina Island in December.popcorn::

ANYWHO -
about the Hospitality Village -
Pic#1

Pic#2
Even made it on their video filming......considering what T-shirt I wore to the game.:rolleyes1

ANYWHO -
Took lots of video & pics today as this by so far has been the highlight of my adventure so far.:goodvibes

NOW EARLIER IN THE DAY -
AND THE ROSE BOWL PARADE?
LUVED IT!!

SUGGESTION OF THE DAY:
Just be patient and tolerant of others as you will be hearing and seeing opinions that may differ from yours; especially when you see what you see before & after the Parade.
(FYI - it's like seeing Cindy's castle on NYE or Christmas Day @ MK in Orlando) -

** pics & video will be up on my blog in about a week - I promise.

Pic#1

pic#2
(one float broke down & unfortunately had to be towed)

ANYWHO -
:smokin:** GO GREEN!! **::yes::

What's in store for tomorrow?? We are now on our way to Pismo Beach area, Slovang, etc.:)
But right now, I am in the mood for one incredible In & Out Burger:woohoo: as I have had nothing to very little to eat ALL FREAKIN DAY.
(everything is in easy walking distance from the hotel) -

CYA IN THE AM.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.:wave:
&
GO GREEN

DAY 5 -
Sunny Skies w/a high temp of 72 degrees.:drive:

Feeling a little 'wobbly' this am (hhhmmmmm......wonder why:lmao:) as today will provide me a great opportunity to recharge me batteries a wee bit while leaving the fine city of Pasadena California and heading now towards Santa Barbara for a brief stop -

** AND LUNCH **:goodvibes

From there, it off to Solvang and then eventually, we will be headin' to the San Luis Obispo area.

So it should be a very pretty and very picturesque day as I have chosen to change tactics a bit on this trip report and use whatcha see so far.....just INSERT the pictures and video in the postings I have up so far.::yes::
That & elongate out my postings as well......

SO, please don't be surprised if ya see a "Work in progress" posting with very little in it.....I will fill it in when I get back.

Overall so far, this has been quite a fun and amazing adventure!!:smokin:
Gotta say out of all the vacations I have taken, this one group vacation ranks up there with my ABD's "Spirit of Adventure" Sept 2009 trip report.....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584&referrerid=208040

.... as there is so much to do and see.....get on yer walkin' shoes cuz yes - you will walk.

Have met a lot of very nice people along the way - lots of stories to tell ya when I get back into DFW -:scratchin;)

Michelle and Justine (YMT Tour Directors) and the whole staff of the Sheraton Gateway hotel have really really made this vacation ** FUN **:goodvibes
(that & I luv the hotel's smoothies drinks at their Starbucks) = YUM!!
Promise to make some the Ali Vincent way when I get back into Dallas -

pic of Justine -

PEACE OUT
looking forward to doing some shopping while in Solvang.:)
and
checking out their bakery cuz I am on the prowl for some red velvet cupcakes....:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&................

:cool2::*** GO GREEN ****::cool2:

** THE ROSE BOWL PARADE (part of YMT VACATIONS)
....and ROSE BOWL GAME (BOOKED AWAY FROM YMT VACATION & ON YOUR OWN) - IMHO - 'a must do while in So Cal.':thumbsup2:thumbsup2

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IY WILL PLAY 4 U **

Loved the atmsophere and the people......yes even 'Ms Grumpy Cat' from posting #152.;)

ANYWHO -

One last blip about the Rose Bowl parade -

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO W/YOUR MOUSE & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

aLLRIGHTEE -
been fun - cya later.:goodvibes

UP NEXT:
Highlights from day 5

and......
of course.........;)

we can't forget.........
one last time......................popcorn::

:yay:*** GO GREEN ***:woohoo:

** DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

&
Cheers

Looking forward to catching up on the pics.

I hear ya & agree - hey.....just noticed that this hotel's bznes cntr has a mainframe that you CAN load up pics so hmmmmm.....I am thinking I CAN post a few tommorrrow early am just right b4 we head out to Monterrey, CA.:goodvibes

Our overnight stay at the Oceanfront Hotel-

(the entrance to the hotel)

Very nice but IMO very dated.

T.T.F.N.

Day 5:moped:
High Temp while in Santa Barbara of 72 degrees
and sunny skies to boot! - YYEEAA -

Today was quite a visual treat 4 me as we all meandered on over to Bus#18 around 7:30am 'ish' for our trek up the PCH area with our ultimate stopover being Pismo Beach & The Seacrest Oceanfront Hotel.:goodvibes

But beforehand, we first had a stop over at
the city of Santa Barbara, an upscale beach community that is a preferred weekend getaway for Angelinos. popcorn::

Pic#1

Pic#2

Now I will admit at first, I was a little hesitant about this day as I initially thought it would be a 'MEH' day at best but I gotta tell ya, I was very pleasantly surprised by the overall day.:goodvibes
We had a brief tour of the area and stop followed by a 30 minute stop at the Santa Barbara Mission:

Here was when I really got the concept of this day -
a very picturesque like day as the Mission really brought it all home for me with the statues Faith, Hope & Charity guarding the entrance to the Mission.

** Just like ours in San Antonio, Texas **:goodvibes

Pic#1

Video#1

While in Santa Barbara, we stopped for lunch & it was there I spied one of our hotels - "Hotel Indigo" (IHG Property) with a beautiful Cafe just adjacent to it called "The Blue Tavern."

The curiousity got the better of me so I decided to fast walk it on over there and check it out.

** NICE PROPERTY AS I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT B4 **:thumbsup2

and the food at the Blue Tavern??

** FAB!! **:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Their Tomato Basil soup was just outta dis world!! - luved it -

Even had fun doing some wine tasting b4 hand.
(Hmmm....I sense for foreshadowing here!! - :lmao: )

Now keep in mind while I was doing all of this, I was also talking to Ms Vasquez (DOS who was up at the front desk area @ the time) about their property w/her & I talking bznes (I also for for IHG) 4 a bit, etc.
But.....
Before I knew it, it was time to head on back to the Motorcoach and onto the city of Solvang.:)

Now....about the city of Solvang (a Danish city) THEIR BAKERIES ROCK!!

(some of the quant buildings in and around the city)

Now while at Solvang,
I bought while at Ingeborg's: one order of their Famous Danish Chocolate....but not just.......'a few'.......

** I BOUGHT OVER A POUND OF ASSORTED CHOCOLATES!! = YUM!! **

hmmm.....their toffee bars ROCKED!!

2) and while at Solvang, I tastes some Ebelskues; which is
(hope I spelled it right)

and......also just 'had' to taste me some wonderful double chocolate malt shake.:cloud9:

Made it on over to our hotel in time for me to check out their area restaurants.

Had a very relaxing rest of my evening there before the Sandman finally caught up with me around 1am.

MORE TO COME -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:smooth:
&
CHeers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!