My $0.02

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
I'm not a little person but I'm not tall either.

I've noticed some non Disney parks devide the Adult/Child ticket price by heigth not age. I think that's smart because it wouldn't be fair for a little person paying full price if the only rides he or she can go on are kids rides.

I do know that Disney is more family friendly than other parks though. There's no designated kids area, that I know of.

Adding another cent: Same thing for seniors. Depending on health some won't go on any fast / jarring rides.

Just my $0.03

I think that they have just the two prices since there is so much else to do in the parks. Kids under 3, who aren't riding those 'big' rides, don't pay any admission. Then there are the kids under 10 that ride whatever they want and pay a little less than the adult price. Everyone else pays the same. But if you add up the amount of shows, street entertainment, rides like IASW, then you have an enormous amount of entertainment value for your admission dollar that a lot of other parks don't have. Where else can you go, for less than $60 per person a day, and be constantly entertained? I think it's a good value. But that's just my opinion.

The theme park in Kansas City, which does have a lot of thrill rides, has the adult admission start at 48 inches. That's how tall my 6 year old niece is. She's VERY tall for her age, but she's afraid to go on rides that my short 4 year old will go on. Luckily we had a coupon to buy a family pack, so we didn't have to pay the full adult admission for her.

The thing that bothers me the most about Disney prices is you can never get a good discount on the price of theme park tickets. I did notice that the price of food at our local theme park was much higher than Disney's counter service and the food wasn't as good. Of course you're not eating 3 meals a day there either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter