• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Murals in the making-ALL DONE!!!!

Finished the Princesses!
I put that glaze that I'd used on the stars of the baby's room on certain parts off the outfits since princesses should sparkle!
To see the colors proper here's a no flash image fromt he side
DSC03025.jpg

And head on with flash with glaze visable
DSC03027.jpg

Aurora gets the blue dress because she's my fav and it's the dress I prefer :p
I asked SiL before I did it though since in the source picture(and nearly everywhere else :( )she's in pink

Finished animals, Tinkerbell, and started castle!
It's a bit lopsided right now but I'm going to fix that with tape when I do the sky ;)
DSC03033.jpg

Tink detail:
DSC03034.jpg

TOTALLY 100%

FINISHED

DSC03036.jpg

Side view of it so you can see without the glaze

DSC03038.jpg

FINISHED!!! :D!

Fabulous! It's amazing how different the glaze looks from the front vs. the side. Your SIL is very lucky to have you.

So what day will you be at my house?

:rotfl:
I wont be doing anymore regular painting for a while Fall semester started today and I have a painting class that will consume me!

Nice job but I just gotta ask, why do people want murals knowing that someday they will be painted over and lost forever? :confused3
Now, if they want to cover an entire wall, I can understand painting directly on the wall but if it is small, why not paint it on a canvas and be able to move it and store it when needed? Just my thoughts...

To momshadow it took me a few weeks as I had to stop due to getting sick at one point (un related to the mural painting)

Hunny Pots, I don't know, but it was fun! I suppose if you really wanted to keep it you could cut it out of the wall :P

Nice job but I just gotta ask, why do people want murals knowing that someday they will be painted over and lost forever? :confused3
Now, if they want to cover an entire wall, I can understand painting directly on the wall but if it is small, why not paint it on a canvas and be able to move it and store it when needed? Just my thoughts...

After reading this thread several months back, we were planning to have a friend paint a nice Disney mural on the nursery wall too. But we had the same thoughts about eventually having to paint over it. So we changed the plans. Our friend is painting a scene with the castle and the Disney Fab Five on a 30x40 canvas.

And we designed the alphabet with Disney characters to line the room. We just printed those on canvas style paper and found some cheap 5x7 frames at Wal Mart.

The wall border and alphabet are up. The 30x40 canvas will come later. We'll also be adding curtains and small shelves high up on the walls to hold the dozens or perhaps 100+ Disney stuffies.

BabiesRoom.jpg

Those murals are beautiful, great job!! I dream on doing something like this someday... Personally, i would love one in my room,i have a cape-style home and my bedroom upstairs has slanted ceilings, which i can't hang anything on, but would make a great "canvas".

very nice work.... wow!
I'm recently working on a Star Wars bedroom for my son. I've been working on it for over a year... It was the only thing keeping my mind off the divorce last year, so I would only work on it, when my mind started to drift to some bad memories ha!
In the past month or so, I did major progress.
I have a whole wall that is the Mellinium Falcon (?) with a planet (it's huge) another wall with Darth Vadar and the whole ceiling that is painted with planets and stars. I'm very proud of my work...
It's really relaxing to paint and to focus on something positive. ha! ha!
I'm still hanging in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter