Muppetvision 3D gets a new sign and possibly more

Dfan79

DIS Veteran
Screen-Shot-2017-06-29-at-8.28.24-AM.png

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/photo...d-new-theater-name-disneys-hollywood-studios/

They seem to really be changing this area to suit a New York theming. Pizzerizzo looks like a NY pizzeria and now this Broadway style sign. They even kept the buildings (from the original Streets of America section) attached to Sci Fi and repainted them for the new expansion.

There is a rumor (I heard on DSNY) that they may also do some puppeteering like in Liberty Square in the newly painted NY buildings. I'd rather see a new attraction come to this area though (ala Great Muppet Movie). 1 attraction isn't enough for a section or land in a park.

Last edited:
I like it :thumbsup2

and it would match up with the supposed upcoming movie "Muppets on Broadway" - right down to the logo.

I always thought the area looked like Muppets Take Manhattan, and the buildings left from SoA are NYC.

I like it :thumbsup2

and it would match up with the supposed upcoming movie "Muppets on Broadway" - right down to the logo.

I always thought the area looked like Muppets Take Manhattan, and the buildings left from SoA are NYC.

Yeah, "Muppets on Broadway" seems like it is more and more in the bag. As long as it features Muppets as the main story I'm all for it. They've had too many humans lately in the starring roles.

I'll watch anything with the Muppets in it though even "Schlinder's List" starring the Muppets.

There is a rumor (I heard on DSNY) that they may also do some puppeteering like in Liberty Square in the newly painted NY buildings. I'd rather see a new attraction come to this area though (ala Great Muppet Movie). 1 attraction isn't enough for a section or land of a park.

I do think the "Courtyard" on the old SoA is almost too open so I'm not sure what they will do with that much open space.

And there is the strip of land where the cars meet & greet used to be that appears to be still there with buffer to the SW attraction. Nothing too large could fit but enough for a small dark ride like Pooh, Nemo or Under the Sea.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...wars-land-aerial-construction-views/30398.htm

Also it would be quite redundant to keep Star Tours, don't need another simulator and the AT AT are now standing tall in SW land .... I teased DS that Star Tours could be converted to Muppets from Space.

Last edited:

It is very reminiscent of the old "Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset" sign.

320px-Honey%2C_I_Shrunk_The_Kids%2C_Movie_Set_Adventure_entrance_2.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a rumor (I heard on DSNY) that they may also do some puppeteering like in Liberty Square in the newly painted NY buildings. I'd rather see a new attraction come to this area though (ala Great Muppet Movie). 1 attraction isn't enough for a section or land in a park.

I asked this very question in the News thread (I think) and was assured by a couple of posters (and I believe our dear moderator) that it wouldn't happen. It's my idea! :snooty:

:teeth:

I asked this very question in the News thread (I think) and was assured by a couple of posters (and I believe our dear moderator) that it wouldn't happen. It's my idea! :snooty:

No one knows what they plan for this so I would never say never ...
but I would hope that they have some grander plans for that section.

If there is going to be any "characters" I want them to find a way for a meet & greet. I got to meet the real Constantine at the Unleash the Villains event and it was AWESOME!

I would also LOVE to see a What Not Workshop ... it could fit well in to the current "Muppet" store if they move out the non-Muppet merchandise. The Banshee's have shown folks will pay for puppet style product.

I guess they were just giving their opinions on the matter. Because no one on this board actually knows 100% what's going to happen, even me. I know... it's surprising.

Bob Iger probably doesn't even know, he's probably somewhere sitting on his couch in his underwear eating Cheetos. Then he gets a call from an imagineer.

"What do you want? I'm in the middle of something important." says Bob Iger.
"We're going to go with a Toy Story Land."
"Alright, whatever." then he hangs up and goes back to his "Sex and the City" marathon.

Last edited:
So I guess I'm in the minority. I think this looks way worse than the old sign. The things Disney sometimes spends money on (I know this is a drop in the bucket) baffles me sometimes. Can we just get the stupid planter removed from the Miss Piggy statue and turn it back into a fountain?

So I guess I'm in the minority. I think this looks way worse than the old sign. The things Disney sometimes spends money on (I know this is a drop in the bucket) baffles me sometimes. Can we just get the stupid planter removed from the Miss Piggy statue and turn it back into a fountain?

Nope, you're not. Now that I see it on the building, it doesn't look like right. It feels like something is missing. Maybe they plan to put a big fricking Kermit on top of it.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...gn-at-jim-henson's-muppetvision-3-d/30425.htm

The fountain is off due to construction work in the area. It will return. The exterior of MuppetVision has been getting work because of site lines to Star Wars and to better fit the overall aesthetic of that area.

Hopefully they do something with Mama Melrose as well. It doesn't fit with the Muppet theme, perhaps they can make it a Miss Piggy or Swedish Chef restaurant.

It could be a rival restaurant to Pizzerizzo's and the rats could be seen stealing food.

Hopefully they do something with Mama Melrose as well. It doesn't fit with the Muppet theme, perhaps they can make it a Miss Piggy or Swedish Chef restaurant.

It could be a rival restaurant to Pizzerizzo's and the rats could be seen stealing food.
I was surprised mama melroses survives the streets of America purge. It's in that back corner of destruction and construction if I'm not mistaken, or very close to it

I was surprised mama melroses survives the streets of America purge. It's in that back corner of destruction and construction if I'm not mistaken, or very close to it

It's safe, it's next to the Muppet store and it shares a kitchen with Pizzerizzo. Plus Disney really needs to keep it, their list of good table services at Hollywood isn't long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter