Muppet Mayhem March Exercise Challenge

Couldn't have a Muppet Month without mentioning these two: Statler and Waldorf

upload_2017-4-1_0-11-3.png

Statler and Waldorf share the stage left balcony box in the Muppet Theater, and the two delight in heckling every aspect of The Muppet Show. They usually have the last word, with a final comment at the end of most (but not all) episodes.
Waldorf is the one with the pug-like face, mustache, and whiter hair. In almost all productions, Statler appears on the audience's right and Waldorf on the left. A helpful mnemonic is that Waldorf has the wide face.

Here's a short compilation video:

And if you have some more time, this next one is 38 min:

Congrats to LizardQueen8 for reaching Miss Piggy Pink!

upload_2017-4-1_0-27-12.png upload_2017-4-1_0-27-27.png upload_2017-4-1_0-28-2.png

Congrats to Matoskah Poodle for reaching Kermit the Frog WISH Green!

"Bein' Green," originally titled "Green," is one of Kermit the Frog's best-known songs. It was written in 1970 by Joe Raposo for the first season of Sesame Street

And congrats to the Team for reaching Animal Red!

And for anyone wondering what she says to Animal in Spanish in the middle of the clip, here's a translation courtesy of one of the commenters: "Listen Buddy. All I wanna tell you is that you shouldn't do that. It's not nice, you understand? Look at me when I'm talking to you. This is my number, and if you bother me any more I'm gonna hit you so hard, it's gonna leave you stupid. Cool it."

I'll do one final update in a day or two to give everyone a chance to report final minutes for the month.
Being that this is the last day of March would anyone like to volunteer to host April?

Ending the month at 1952 minutes!

I had actually hoped to make it 2000 and I would have but I ended up getting hypotension during my workout tonight and had to stop after 31 min. I rarely get like that but my blood pressure is a little low so every now and then I get light headed. Tonight I had to quit or risk passing out. But hey I did so much more than I thought I would so I'm not gonna be disappointed. I'm just going to set my goal higher for April.

Thanks for hosting, Saphire5742! And great job to everyone else! :-)

Finishing with 90 more minutes for a total of 1405/1200. Never would even have made goal without this energetic puppy to tire out this week! But he goes home tomorrow, so April won't get a boost.

Thanks for hosting, Saphire5742! I enjoyed the theme greatly. Especially glad to see Waldorf and Statler slip in there.

It's been a crazy week! I managed a few scattered minutes, but wasn't organized enough to post. - As a final update for the month, I have 35 minutes, for 340/465. (I really need to get a better routine going!)

I'm going to be away for a good chunk of April, so I can't volunteer this time, but I do want to thank you for doing March!! The Muppet theme was a lot of fun!

Last edited:
And the last Muppet character focus goes to Rizzo the Rat because after all he now has a Disney restaurant named after him.

Rizzo the Rat is a rat who has a tendency to crack mocking jokes at others or make fun of them. Sometimes, as seen in The Muppets Take Manhattan, he tries to cheat people into getting something he wants. However, he also has a sensitive side (according to Tim Hill and Gonzo during an audio commentary for Muppets from Space) and is good friends with a couple of characters. He was created by Steve Whitmire after he took a fascination to a bunch of old rat puppets made from bottles by Don Sahlin for The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. Whitmire made costumes for Rizzo, and the Muppet Show Fan Club newsletter (vol. 2, no. 4, 1980) claimed that "It is Rizzo's greatest ambition to wear a different costume every time he appears in a shot! Watch out for this well-dressed rodent -- he has every intention of succeeding. Rat on, Rizzo!"

Congrats to Galaxygirl76 for reaching Kermit the Frog WISH Green!

Great job Team! And a special shoutout to those who went above and beyond their goal helping to skyrocket the team to 12665 total minutes and 104% of the collective goal: Tasha228, TwilightSparkle, Matoskah Poodle, and Sophy1996! But even if you didn't quite make your goal, and your truly the host is among them, be proud for what you did accomplish.

Thank you for joining me this month as we explored the world of the Muppets. It was fun hosting this theme. Also much of the credit for the info presented this month comes courtesy of the various Muppet wikia pages.

I leave you with one more music video:

And of course paying tribute to the mastermind behind the Muppets, Jim Henson:

A documentary from 1994 that I watched a few months back and really gave me a greater appreciation. It's a little over an hour long but worth it if you have the time

And the Muppets' tribute to Jim Henson after he passed away

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!