Mousekeeping envelopes

Luxe Travel Girl

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

I have a trip planned for fall, and am trying to start some crafts to get excited for the trip (and to remind me to save my money.

For those of you who make mousekeeping envelopes, can you post pics? These look like an easy craft to get started with. I'm not very talented at craft making.

I wish I had some old pictures, but I can describe what I do.
I take scrapbooking square paper, the 12x12 sheets, and I cut them into 4 - 6x6 squares. Then I follow a basic origami envelope fold pattern. They are small, but for just slipping in some folded bills they work fine.
I usually put some Disney stickers or cut outs on the exterior, and write "mousekeeping" on them. Then on the interior flap I write a small message, "thank you", "we appreciate you", "from the _____ Family", etc.

I also do these tip envelopes for our ADRs, I may not fill them ahead of time pending total of meal, or I might if it is set menu pricing. I usually pre stuff as many with cash before we arrive to keep me organized.

Have fun crafting!

I found a template online (I think it was the WDW Prep School one), downloaded the jpg into Word, and then messed around with the outlines/shapes etc. until I had my own document, which I used to make my own envelopes. That way I could theme it to our resort and our own stay. There's some great Disney images available online. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it, and I really liked having them personalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter