Most cost effective 6 day ticket

keam

Earning My Ears
We are traveling to Universal in a couple weeks and staying at the Hard Rock - family of 7. We have been a few times before and have either bought multi-day tickets from Undercover Tourist or annual passes depending on length of trip.

This trip will be for 6 days with one of those being Volcano Bay early entry but leaving by lunch when we get frustrated with the crowd level. I'm sure we will want to go into the regular parks at that point, so we need to be able to get into US/IOA all 6 days.

I am thinking of getting season passes (probably the 2 park power passes for $367) and then purchasing Volcano Bay separate. Undercover tourist has 4 day + 1 day park-to-park for $304. We would have to purchase Volcano Bay separate and would still be short a day at US/IOA. I also looked at doing Undercover Tourist's 5 day park-to-park with Volcano Bay for $346, but then again we are short a day.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Play with the comparison of numbers for the ap as buying passes for 7 is a lot of $$$$$

So I've never looked into buying tickets and upgrading to annual passes, but from what I'm reading on these boards, that may be something for us to do in order to save money. Do you know if any ticket on UT can be purchased and then upgraded, or is it only certain ones?

I would also check the packages to make sure it is not a better deal. Unless you are going back to the parks, in which case annual passes would be great, I could not get a better deal with AP than with the explorer. We got the 3 park explorer ticket, which will allow us access to our full 8 days of visit, and the same type of room at the HRH for $240 less than the 5 day 3 park tickets and hotel separately. There are also a couple thread where you can order the explorer ticket from international sellers - but I did not realize that until I booked the package. CHeck that out too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter