• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

More recent/coming improvements

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
*Crystal Palace is currently undergoing rehab through Dec 12. The building is getting a MAJOR facelift: New domes, new columns, interior walls and floors redone, increased dining room capacity, second seating podium, redone guest restrooms, improved kitchen facilities.

*New penny press machines recently added, including one at the exit to Jungle Cruise.

*Repaving underway at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe (looks great so far), and it looks like parts of Liberty Sq and Adventureland may get similar treatment soon.

*Oasis gift location has been open again most of the summer (near the exit to the Jungle Cruise). Not as much Jungle merchandise as before, (just skulls, snakes, and guns) but it's still a possibility as they're in the process of testing demand and sales numbers.

*More Villains merchandise at Leota's cart (Mansion exit), and new Mansion merchandise as well (clue game now available). A neat new mug and two new snowglobes should appear within the next year.

*The first *practical* use of the SegWay human transporter (I don't consider riding around the office, driving in circles or running over other people practical, and that's how it's been promoted by the inventor so far) Epcot merchandise is now selling glow items off of it (pretty neat to see high-tech futuristic stuff in use at Epcot for a change).

*IBM Thinkplace reopened Last week in Innoventions with new displays and a new race game, this time it's an undersea treasure hunt.

*New sound systems finally being tested at Jungle Cruise. (perhaps a foreign language safety spiel will come soon)

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see the Segway in actual use. I so want one at home.

Thanks for the info Steve. I'm especially glad to hear there's finally some new HM merchandise.

Safari Steve -- Are you working the 999 Happy Haunts Ball?

Lisa:cool:

Thanks Steve!! Always like to hear the good stuff!! Lord knows I talk about the bad enough!!

And if you happen to run into a blond CM with "Jungle Cruise" as her magical moment, working near Aladdin, Tiki or the Treehouse named Elizabeth, stop and say "hi"!! It's only my daughter!! :bounce:

Wow Landbaron, that's really cool!

Thanks Steve for the update. I'm very eager to get my hands on the HM stuff. I saw the Clue game at DL but had to go with the theme park Monopoly game THIS time. I'm keeping everything crossed that PC versions will appear in the future. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter