Moonlight Magic: How Fast Do They Sell Out?

Danislee

Mouseketeer
So, I posted a bit about this in another thread, but neglected to ask, how fast do the events sell out? My Mom is actually the Member and I gave her incorrect information.

I thought the on-site guest reservation date was tomorrow the 10th. I'm almost legally blind. I mistook the 7 for a 10. I also thought she could still qualify for early ticket reservation since she booked her room before the 21st. It turns out this is not true. To qualify she had to have booked prior to Thursday. I probably missed any fine print regarding that as well.

We were aiming for the Feb. 6th Magic Kingdom event as that's Mom's favorite and this trip is for her.
She's having surgery later in February.

I know off-site visitors can register at 9AM on the 21st and that she has to call rather than go online because she used cash rather than points. But how fast do the dates sell out? I imagined Magic Kingdom might sell quickly. If we go this would be our first time so I'm just not experienced in this area. Thank you in advance.

On the 21st can do online since resort reservations are not required anyway.

The last two years MK events did not sell out till it was open to those off site .

Personally I'd call back and try again and see if you can talk to a supervisor.

Thanks for the response. My Mom has actually called them I think 3 times today. I don't know if she spoke with a supervisor, but apparently someone spoke to a Supervisor for her. I may give it a whirl, I'm an associate on the account. I dislike doing that because it was my fault for misreading the information.

If it helps, I was able to register for last year's MK Moonlight Magic event as an off site guest. I had to wait until it opened for off site, but didn't encounter a problem getting in. As best I can recall, it remained open for at least a few days. The MK apparently holds more than EPCOT does for Moonlight Magic events.

Thanks for the reply, that makes me feel a bit better. We're both going to try calling right at 9 on the 21st.

does anyone know how many people I can get in ...
I have two memberships that qualify for "extras" and there are three adults that are members on each of those accounts.
We are all staying on a DVC reservation for the night of the 28th and we are all attending the event that night.

does anyone know how many people I can get in ...
I have two memberships that qualify for "extras" and there are three adults that are members on each of those accounts.
We are all staying on a DVC reservation for the night of the 28th and we are all attending the event that night.
From the event details page:
Party size limited to the Member plus 5 Guests—or limited to the total number of Guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation(s).
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...offers/member-events/moonlight-magic-kingdom/

ok thanks
I chatted online with member services and they said it was 5 per membership not per member so I guess we can only have 3 guests per membership not per member ???

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!