Moonlight Magic Details Magic Kingdom

We attended Sunday as well. Great night, despite the rain.

I was super disappointed that the photopass downloads were not included. Had I known I would have had the photographers use my own camera.

I have plans for MM for tomorrow night.
If available, thinking about getting an ADR in MK (party of 1) prior to the start.

Does that make any sense since there is “free” food there ?

Last edited:
We attended Sunday as well. Great night, despite the rain.

I was super disappointed that the photopass downloads were not included. Had I known I would have had the photographers use my own camera.

so def. no on the photo pass pictures?? I was under impression they were included also-thanks for the info, we'll def. plan accordingly for AK MM

so def. no on the photo pass pictures?? I was under impression they were included also-thanks for the info, we'll def. plan accordingly for AK MM

Called member services and the number for photopass. Both said they were not included.

Called member services and the number for photopass. Both said they were not included.

darn!! wonder if people were mixing up MM for memory maker instead of MM for moonlight magic-oh well, can't complain since the rest of event is complementary!!

On another note, would anyone have info on strollers?? We are bringing 1 double for 2 of my kids, and I don't think I'll need another, but my son and nephew may since its so late-does anyone know if you have to pay rental fee during party?? Thanks!!!

darn!! wonder if people were mixing up MM for memory maker instead of MM for moonlight magic-oh well, can't complain since the rest of event is complementary!!

On another note, would anyone have info on strollers?? We are bringing 1 double for 2 of my kids, and I don't think I'll need another, but my son and nephew may since its so late-does anyone know if you have to pay rental fee during party?? Thanks!!!

If you need a double for the entire length of your stay at WDW, there are several off-site places to rent out double and single strollers from that will deliver the stroller to your resort and pick it up after your done.

Hmmm interesting. I attended the first moonlight magic at MK and was able to get all of the photopass downloads for the photo ops during the party. Wonder if they changed it?

Hmmm interesting. I attended the first moonlight magic at MK and was able to get all of the photopass downloads for the photo ops during the party. Wonder if they changed it?

I hope not, makes things a lot easier. Probably best to ask the CM's who are taking the picture if they will show up in photopass, since I'm guessing if you call they will have no idea what will be going on with the photographers.

I hope not, makes things a lot easier. Probably best to ask the CM's who are taking the picture if they will show up in photopass, since I'm guessing if you call they will have no idea what will be going on with the photographers.

Photos taken during the Moonlight Magic Events will show in your PhotoPass account as long as the photographer scans your MagicBand or RFID Card. The question is are they free for those attending the Moonlight Magic event that DON'T have an AP (that includes downloads) or Memory Maker. I only recall seeing one post where someone said they were included. I can't confirm that since we already get free photo downloads with our pass.

I was at the Feb MM event. I did not have an active AP on this trip as I did not renew it due to planning. I do have an AP certificate to activate on a trip this fall that fit future plans. I did have pictures made by PP photographer. It is in MDE, HOWEVER, it is "watermarked".

Disney Vacation Club members are invited to attend the very popular "Moonlight Magic" event at Magic Kingdom Park, an exclusive after-hours event that will take place on Thursday, January 11, Sunday, January 28, and Tuesday, February 6 from 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.

During this special event, guests will have access to select attractions, complimentary food and beverage offerings, and exclusive character greetings (including rare characters like Robin Hood, Esmeralda, Clopin, and others).

Check-in information
Starting at 6 p.m., event guests will begin mixing with day guests (please, note that a reservation is required to attend the event).

Guests may arrive with wristbands from their Disney Vacation Club resort or the Transportation and Ticket Center check-in location.
Guests who are already in the park may check-in and receive their wristband in the following locations:
Stitch's Great Escape - starting at 6 p.m.
Tortuga Tavern - starting at 6 p.m.
Main Entrance - Starting at 6 p.m.

Event Offerings

ATTRACTIONS

•ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents

•FRONTIERLAND
Country Bear Jamboree
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

•FANTASYLAND
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
The Barnstormer
Mad Tea Party
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Peter Pan’s Flight
it’s a small world
Ariel’s Grotto
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

•TOMORROWLAND
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover

•CHARACTER GREETINGS

ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE
Hyenas- Shenzi, Banzai & Ed (Tiki Room Walkway)
Baloo and Louie (Near Swiss Family Treehouse)
Moana (Landing by Jungle Cruise)
Tiana and Naveen (Liberty Square Ticket Office)
Mickey and Minnie (Liberty Bell)
Oogie Boogie (Liberty Square Gazebo)

FANTASYLAND
Robin Hood, Friar Tuck & Little John (West Castle Walls)
Hippos and Ostriches from Fantasia (Castle Arches)
Esmeralda and Clopin (East Castle Walls)
Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Anastasia, Drizella, Snow White, The Prince, Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip (Princess Fairytale Hall)

•STORYBOOK CIRCUS
Chip and Dale (The Barnstormer)
Marie, Three Little Pigs, & Big Bad Wolf (Storybook Circus Splash Zone)

TOMORROWLAND
Pluto and Goofy (By Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin)

•FOOD & BEVERAGE

Enjoy complimentary snacks & beverages, including ice cream novelties at the following locations:
Casey's Corner & Tortuga Tavern: Hot dogs & snacks
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café: Veggie Burgers, hot dogs & snacks
Pete's Sily Sideshow: Ice Cream Novelties
Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Tomorrowland Terrace: Chicken breast nuggets, hot dogs, and snacks.

•ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS
Moonlight Magic Blast! Fireworks Spectacular: 11:30 p.m.
Frontierland Dance Party: 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Meet Disney Vacation Club Executives: 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.
I can’t find this much detailed information for the AK MM...is it available? We’re going 3/21.

I can’t find this much detailed information for the AK MM...is it available? We’re going 3/21.
I haven't found any AK info yet-they seem to put it out a few weeks ahead of time, so I'm assuming all the info will be available w/in a week or so-can't wait!!! we are going 5/16!!

I haven't found any AK info yet-they seem to put it out a few weeks ahead of time, so I'm assuming all the info will be available w/in a week or so-can't wait!!! we are going 5/16!!
Since I posted, I found that the exact info in the first post was also posted on another site (so not sure where it originates) on the same date, January 8, for an event on January 11. So I’m just going to keep checking, but not expect anything until a few days before.

Have fun at yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter