Moonlight Magic Details Magic Kingdom

jlwhitney

Thumper2007
Disney Vacation Club members are invited to attend the very popular "Moonlight Magic" event at Magic Kingdom Park, an exclusive after-hours event that will take place on Thursday, January 11, Sunday, January 28, and Tuesday, February 6 from 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.

During this special event, guests will have access to select attractions, complimentary food and beverage offerings, and exclusive character greetings (including rare characters like Robin Hood, Esmeralda, Clopin, and others).

Check-in information
Starting at 6 p.m., event guests will begin mixing with day guests (please, note that a reservation is required to attend the event).

Guests may arrive with wristbands from their Disney Vacation Club resort or the Transportation and Ticket Center check-in location.
Guests who are already in the park may check-in and receive their wristband in the following locations:
Stitch's Great Escape - starting at 6 p.m.
Tortuga Tavern - starting at 6 p.m.
Main Entrance - Starting at 6 p.m.

Event Offerings

ATTRACTIONS

•ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents

•FRONTIERLAND
Country Bear Jamboree
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

•FANTASYLAND
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
The Barnstormer
Mad Tea Party
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Peter Pan’s Flight
it’s a small world
Ariel’s Grotto
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

•TOMORROWLAND
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover

•CHARACTER GREETINGS

ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE
Hyenas- Shenzi, Banzai & Ed (Tiki Room Walkway)
Baloo and Louie (Near Swiss Family Treehouse)
Moana (Landing by Jungle Cruise)
Tiana and Naveen (Liberty Square Ticket Office)
Mickey and Minnie (Liberty Bell)
Oogie Boogie (Liberty Square Gazebo)

FANTASYLAND
Robin Hood, Friar Tuck & Little John (West Castle Walls)
Hippos and Ostriches from Fantasia (Castle Arches)
Esmeralda and Clopin (East Castle Walls)
Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Anastasia, Drizella, Snow White, The Prince, Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip (Princess Fairytale Hall)

•STORYBOOK CIRCUS
Chip and Dale (The Barnstormer)
Marie, Three Little Pigs, & Big Bad Wolf (Storybook Circus Splash Zone)

TOMORROWLAND
Pluto and Goofy (By Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin)

•FOOD & BEVERAGE

Enjoy complimentary snacks & beverages, including ice cream novelties at the following locations:
Casey's Corner & Tortuga Tavern: Hot dogs & snacks
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café: Veggie Burgers, hot dogs & snacks
Pete's Sily Sideshow: Ice Cream Novelties
Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Tomorrowland Terrace: Chicken breast nuggets, hot dogs, and snacks.

•ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS
Moonlight Magic Blast! Fireworks Spectacular: 11:30 p.m.
Frontierland Dance Party: 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Meet Disney Vacation Club Executives: 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Anyone with extra tickets for Jan 11 or Jan 28, I would be willing to buy them from you. Up to 3 for $75 each or what you would want for them.

We are traveling with my sister who is DVC. She can’t make the event. Can we still attend without her being there?

We are traveling with my sister who is DVC. She can’t make the event. Can we still attend without her being there?

I believe she would have to check in and get the wristbands. They check for membership cards. At least they did when we went to the Typhoon Lagoon event last June. Once she got you the wristbands, she wouldn't have to stay with you.

Thanks, I'll have to see if she can rearrange her plans to spare a little time to get us in the gate!

i am beyond green with envy over those character meets. Alas, Fabulous Central Illinois is just too far away from MK.

Can anyone tell me if there is transportation provided to nonDVC resorts (Coronado Springs) during the event? And if not suggestions on how to easily return to our resort with an ECV and party of 5.

Can anyone tell me if there is transportation provided to nonDVC resorts (Coronado Springs) during the event? And if not suggestions on how to easily return to our resort with an ECV and party of 5.

There was for the Epcot one, but no idea what it entailed.

We are in same boat this time as we will be at AOA I really do not want to mess with the parking lot at MK though.

I believe she would have to check in and get the wristbands. They check for membership cards. At least they did when we went to the Typhoon Lagoon event last June. Once she got you the wristbands, she wouldn't have to stay with you.

Yes once she has you checked in and you have the bands you are good to go.

Thanks, I'll have to see if she can rearrange her plans to spare a little time to get us in the gate!
She can also check you in and get your bands for you at your DVC resort, instead of going to the front of the MK.

Anyone with extra tickets for Jan 11 or Jan 28, I would be willing to buy them from you. Up to 3 for $75 each or what you would want for them.

It is and I'm not a DVC member , so essentially I would be paying them for their guests tickets.

It's a direct purchase perk, an DVC event for members & their guests.:confused3

For those members who don't have a confirmation #, I know they accommodated a family behind us in line of walkups at last year's 4th of July event @ TL. Never would hurt to try if you missed signing up IMO.

Those are some great character meets. I hope they have that many rare characters at AK in May. When we did the one in 2016 at AK we met Launchpad McQuack but I think that was it (Max might have also been around but we had met him many times before)

Also, the hot dogs and chicken nuggets are a nice addition. Again, in 2016, they just had chips and ice cream which we thought as great at the time.

Are the pictures taken with the characters complimentary PhotoPass pictures? At the Moonlight Magic event at Disneyland this past November, the pictures were free. Wondering if it's the same at WDW. If they're not, if you purchase memory maker with your tickets (going to the parks that day), would these pictures be included?

Do you need a park ticket to attend? Also, what about guests that you are travelling with that aren't DVC. If I'm staying at DVC then, can I bring someone, or do I need to pay? I was looking at this the other night, and didn't see the answers. Thanks!

Do you need a park ticket to attend? Also, what about guests that you are travelling with that aren't DVC. If I'm staying at DVC then, can I bring someone, or do I need to pay? I was looking at this the other night, and didn't see the answers. Thanks!
You need to register in advance and show your DVC member card when getting the wristbands. You do NOT need a park ticket to attend the event, and can even get in 3 hrs before the event for free. Anyone who is on your reservation can go with you for free or you can bring up to 5 guests.

Here is some of the legalese for the Magic Kingdom one, from the DVC website:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...offers/member-events/moonlight-magic-kingdom/
  • Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in. Member listed on the Membership card must be in attendance.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Magic Kingdom park is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:00 PM. Members and their special guests can enter the park as early as 6:00 PM. If you wish to enter Magic Kingdom park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Party size limited to the Member plus 5 Guests—or limited to the total number of Guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!