Montana or Standard?

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I'm close to booking my DLP trip for June and have decided on staying at Sequoia Lodge. The cost for a Montana room vs Standard is about $60 USD total. I would be staying 4 nights and it would be a solo trip. It seems the only thing different between the two options is location-is that correct? I am leaning towards upgrading since it's such a drop in the bucket, but wanted to check with people who have more recent experiences (all the previous threads are from years and years ago).
Thanks!

Hi from Germany!

My favourite hotel is the SQL and we always stay at the main building which is a Montana room. Some of the lodges could be very far away from the main building where you can find the bar, check-in, the shop and the restaurants. There is a covered walkway but it could be a long distance to walk.

If you decide to stay at a Lodge try to get a room at the Yellowstone Lodge which is the nearst one to the main building and to the swimming pool.

Feel free to have a look at the SQL Map here:

http://extracama.com/wp-content/upl...dern-with-sequoia-lodge-rooms-design-tips.png

My opinion is: Go for a Montana room! :thumbsup2

It is a wonderful hotel to stay.

:smickey:

Lesley,

I just booked our trip today!

I'm not sure what site you are using to look at the prices, I used the good advise here and check many of the different countries websites to see which price would be better. I was amazed that I was able to get the deal shown on the French site for considerable less then the US site. There are 4 of us traveling together two adults and two kids (13, 15) we are arriving on a Friday and leaving on a Sunday. I selected a Golden Forest Room, half board and express train luggage service. On the French site it's $1317 euros ($1612) and on the US site it's $2220!

To do this research look for your days and select all the options that you would like in the language you know. Then when you do it on the other website you will know which options to pick (also google translate was my friend).

Once I figured out what I wanted I called 407-934-7639 as soon as the recorded choices start say Disneyland Paris. Then you get transfer to the UK call center. You tell them that you want to reserve a france deal and you get transferred again. The reservationist that I spoke with was so lovely and helpful. By calling for your reservation you only have to paid 15% deposit and then the balance 30 days before arrival. If you book on the web you pay in full.

Have a fantastic trip!
Lois

Lesley,

I just booked our trip today!

I'm not sure what site you are using to look at the prices, I used the good advise here and check many of the different countries websites to see which price would be better. I was amazed that I was able to get the deal shown on the French site for considerable less then the US site. There are 4 of us traveling together two adults and two kids (13, 15) we are arriving on a Friday and leaving on a Sunday. I selected a Golden Forest Room, half board and express train luggage service. On the French site it's $1317 euros ($1612) and on the US site it's $2220!

To do this research look for your days and select all the options that you would like in the language you know. Then when you do it on the other website you will know which options to pick (also google translate was my friend).

Once I figured out what I wanted I called 407-934-7639 as soon as the recorded choices start say Disneyland Paris. Then you get transfer to the UK call center. You tell them that you want to reserve a france deal and you get transferred again. The reservationist that I spoke with was so lovely and helpful. By calling for your reservation you only have to paid 15% deposit and then the balance 30 days before arrival. If you book on the web you pay in full.

Have a fantastic trip!
Lois
Thanks for the info! I did check the US and UK sites and UK definitely has cheaper options! I'll need to check the French site too when it comes down to booking!
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter