Mom/Daughter Disney Duo: Road trippin in the South (Disney's HHI & Savannah GA)

I love the look of this resort! Have I said that too much?

Leaving day already? Hopefully you had a little longer to enjoy the day before leaving.

I love when CMs make things better :)

The CM's there were great! I just can't say enough good things about this resort!

No it can't be time to go home already!

Almost!! This trip ended way too soon! I loved this place!!

Darn! Just when I find your TR, it's coming to an end!

How awesome to have a two bedroom for just the two of you!

Glad you joined my TR! And having that much space was so great on this trip! It was so much fun!

As we went to turn in our bikes, I asked the CM what was the actual time we had to turn them in because I was hoping to maybe go one more round along the resort trails before leaving and I told her how much we loved it, and how I loved my tricycle!! (it's supposed to be a 24 hour rental, but I couldn't remember the exact time we got them)

So she told me we could keep them a while longer and enjoy our time before we left, and I told her that we were planning to leave within the next 30 minutes or so (we left the room right at check out time.....and Oh, I forgot but on this morning, I called the front desk and asked if we could get a later check-out time, and they said we could check out at 12pm instead of 11am! :yay:)

So, once I told her we'd hang around for probably only 30 more minutes,

she said we could keep them out for the rest of the day if we wanted to.....and wouldn't even charge us for another day!!! :thanks:

And I kept asking her "Are you sure??"........ She was another great CM!! :flower3:

So we decided to stay longer, and guess where we headed to.........????????????????

:beach:

267_zpsb4c78647.jpg

We made our way back to the bike path to the beach!!!

More path pics!!!

Here's that path that runs under the roadway again! (I thought this was a brilliant idea to build it this way!!)

268_zpsa09223d2.jpg

272_zps65fca12e.jpg

274_zps179391c7.jpg

277_zps258320a5.jpg

278_zps01de8158.jpg

281_zps3929a9b4.jpg

291_zps405f8741.jpg

295_zpsdffd5471.jpg

298_zps853b81d0.jpg

299_zpsba6dbc65.jpg

We were so excited to have even just a little more Disney/Beach time!!!! :umbrella:

What fun to have more beach time at the end of the trip!!! I love those boardwalk type paths, too cool. And going under the road, what a neat idea. Love those extra magical CMs!!!

What fun to have more beach time at the end of the trip!!! I love those boardwalk type paths, too cool. And going under the road, what a neat idea. Love those extra magical CMs!!!

We were so excited to be ale to head back to the beach for some last minute fun!!

We went to the beach house for some lunch, and the pool area was a little more active this time, with swimmers, etc. It was a beautiful, warm day!

302_zpse1c5d80a.jpg

310_zpsf1b04eda.jpg

312_zps242ee5aa.jpg

Another view of the indoor quick service ordering area.

313_zpsec39b97d.jpg

Another great view from our table

305_zpse3b16d78.jpg

DD got a chicken fingers plate, and I got the cheeseburger plate, and it was really good!!

307_zps143943ae.jpg

A look at "Today's Happenings"

315_zpsfbcf7fcf.jpg

Here's another board that has a daily listing of activities (the same one they give you at check-in)

316_zps63c43269.jpg

And it was time to the beach! (We didn't take our bikes out there this time, cause we'd be too tempted to stay longer!!!)

317_zpsfb815320.jpg

322_zpsb9ac808e.jpg

331_zps81aeb020.jpg

We saw a boat! (A shrimp boat, I think)

336_zps179d8777.jpg

Another baby seagull!

339_zpsd1a2a796.jpg

Looking back toward the beach house entrance

350_zpsa6799cb7.jpg

Last beachy selfie!!

131_zps9fa5fd3a.jpg

We went back up to the beach house

352_zpsa07b69f6.jpg

Relaxed a little longer (This time I tried the strawberry daiquiri......It was good!)

354_zps4ed2c95b.jpg

Stopped by the restroom, and since there wasn't anyone in there, I got a quick pic. Their bathroom is really nice!
There's a shower and lockers in there!

355_zps79079eef.jpg

We sadly biked our way back to the resort....

359_zps5ceeb81d.jpg

360_zpsb234b311.jpg

361_zpsbd00883e.jpg

362_zps0357c284.jpg

We turned our bikes in, and went back to the Mercantile shop/area before leaving.

363_zps480d9804.jpg

364_zps204c41d7.jpg

We were really sad to be leaving! This was one the BEST mom/daughter trips ever! Even without the Disney characters, rides, dining, and the WDW happenings, you could still "feel" the Disney atmosphere and spirit! I cannot even put into enough words how much we loved this resort!! Just spending time together on the bike trails, making pit stop/rest stops and just talking along the way. This was such a special get-away for us. DD's getting older and we'll probably have less & less of these times together, but I know we'll both always remember this as one of our favorite trips together!

Thanks to all my Dis-friends for joining in on another of our Mom/Daughter trip reports!!

I'll be updating with what's ahead for us and what we'll be up to next!!!!!!!!

It sounded like a great trip and especially with your DD getting older. My mom and I never did things like that and I think it would have been really neat if she had ever thought of being something other than a swim team mom. Trips were never in her radar so it's great that you do that with your daughter!

You got every last moment you could there...something I would totally do too. It really looks like a great place!

What a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing :)

I love those beach pictures! and the strawberry daquiri looks delicious, almost like a slushie.

Can't wait to hear what's next :)

What a gorgeous resort!
I have heard about Shadow from a few others too. I hope you got to see him.

Shadow's HER. And she has a special "Meet and Greet" event. Did you meet her, mouse travel? For someone who's been around since the resort opened, she looks amazingly young. She's a sweetheart, but not the most "dignified".

Nice report. I'm really interested to try a HHI trip eventually. Loved the cat you spotted!

It sounded like a great trip and especially with your DD getting older. My mom and I never did things like that and I think it would have been really neat if she had ever thought of being something other than a swim team mom. Trips were never in her radar so it's great that you do that with your daughter!

I haven't had the best/closest relationship with my mom, so it makes me want to as much as I can with my daughter, and have a better mom/daughter relationship than I had! I really love these trips we take, the big trips, and even the little weekend get-aways that we try to get in from time to time!

You got every last moment you could there...something I would totally do too. It really looks like a great place!

Yes, I did, LOL. I just didn't want to leave!! It was such a great trip!

What a great little getaway! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for joining in on my TR!

What a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing :)

I love those beach pictures! and the strawberry daquiri looks delicious, almost like a slushie.

Can't wait to hear what's next :)

I'm glad you were here for another one of my TR!!
And yes, those daquiri's were kinda "slushie-like" and they were so good!

Shadow's HER. And she has a special "Meet and Greet" event. Did you meet her, mouse travel? For someone who's been around since the resort opened, she looks amazingly young. She's a sweetheart, but not the most "dignified".

Sadly, we didn't get to meet Shadow, but we did get to meet B'Lou!

Nice report. I'm really interested to try a HHI trip eventually. Loved the cat you spotted!

Thanks for reading my TR! We loved HH!!

What's coming up for this Mom/Daughter Disney duo???

Well, I'm still undecided on a couple of trip ideas, but here's what we're planning so far.......

We're taking a weekend get-away trip to Atlanta this month!! (We live about 2 hours from there, so it's always a fun place we like to go sometimes!)

We're planning another Hilton Head trip in June for DD's birthday, but sadly it won't be at the Disney's HH Resort (It's just too expensive in the summer!)

And I am seriously thinking about taking a SOLO trip to Disney this year!!!!! princess:

(DD is going on a beach trip with a friend, and I thought it would be the perfect time to do it!)

I've never been to Atlanta, what's fun that you and DD like to do?

Im sure anywherere on Hilton Head will be beautuful, that beach was aoooooo pretty!!!

You know I'm looking forward to hearing about the solo trip :)

I'm planning a trip to HHI at the end of the summer. I love it there. We rent the bikes for the week and bike to the beach. My DD got such a kick out of the fact we let her bike ride in flip flops when we were there last time. This time since my girls are older, i figure we will bike ride even more.
How was the drive from Savannah? We are thinking of spending one day in Savannah.

I've never been to Atlanta, what's fun that you and DD like to do?

Im sure anywherere on Hilton Head will be beautuful, that beach was aoooooo pretty!!!

You know I'm looking forward to hearing about the solo trip :)

We like to go to the World of Coca Cola, the Aquarium, walking around downtown & the Olympic park area, going to the Malls there.
This time, we're wanting to do the Sky Wheel! We loved the Sky Wheel at Myrtle Beach, and can't wait to do the one at Atlanta!

Still considering that solo trip! Just haven't made final reservations/plans.

I'm planning a trip to HHI at the end of the summer. I love it there. We rent the bikes for the week and bike to the beach. My DD got such a kick out of the fact we let her bike ride in flip flops when we were there last time. This time since my girls are older, i figure we will bike ride even more.
How was the drive from Savannah? We are thinking of spending one day in Savannah.

The biking was so much fun!!

The drive from Savannah was about an hour and it was a
very easy drive . We had a great time there! If you go, try to visit Paula Deen's restaurant (The Lady & Son's). The food was great!!

So it's been a while since I've been on here posting. I've checked in a few times, but have just been so busy and haven't updated.

The last post I had a couple trips in mind for this year. We DID take the Atlanta weekend trip (and had so much fun!!)
My "solo" trip in May didn't work out. :guilty:

We were planning a weekend trip to Hilton Head next weekend, BUT we may be changing our plans.........Last minute trip to Disney! And Universal!

This is crazy... Today is Sunday. We're thinking about just hopping in the car Thursday or Friday and taking off to Florida! Am I insane? No fast passes, no dining reservations, just go with the flow???????????

So what do my Dis-friends think? Leaving Friday (maybe Thursday), driving 8+ hours, one day at MK, one day at DTD, and one day park to park at Universal Studios??

Would it be worth it? The long drive, just for 2 park days?

Hi :wave2:

I think that would be awesome! The Universal Park to Park ticket is pricey for one day though. I'm going in October and have been pricing tickets. But it would be such a fun weekend, why not? Let us know what you decide :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter