Mobile ordering and DDP

No word.

And selfishly, I hope they never add the ability to use DDP on it. Keep it restricted so it actually stays a time saver.

Yes, it would increase the pool of people who could use it. Even if only a percentage of those people end up trying it, it would still have an impact on the overall number of people using the service. Right now a small number of people use it so the restaurants are able to stay ahead of the curve easily, making sure that the food is ready quickly.
I totally agree with the above! I hope they keep it strictly for non-DDP folks. Throwing DDP folks in the mix would surely slow down the process and increase wait times...in that case, there's really no point in using the mobile order if the wait time could possibly be just as long as waiting in the regular line.

Mobile order is awesome though, I have to admit. I used it a few times during my trip and I loved it. The whole process was a breeze!

There's your preview of mobile ordering once DDP is added.
Pure supposition as DDP isn't on mobile ordering yet. You're conflating two issues. You can't use a situation that doesn't involve the dining plan in order to prove that there "absolutely will" be a problem with including the dining plan, no matter how much you want it to be true. You might make the argument by comparison with FP+, but they're still two different things (restaurants vs attractions) and it would be a difficult case to make. Further, it's Thanksgiving week. Everything is crowded. There's a new thread over on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board talking about how crowded it is this week. Using especially crowded weeks to prove a theory that use of DDP will increase times on mobile ordering is at the very least uninformed, at worst deceptive.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts