Moana theme

jnapadow

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if Disney was going to add or dedicate something to the Moana story? The Polynesian Village would be a neat start.

Unlikely. I think one of the gift shops in Poly is named Moana Mercantile, doubt it goes much further than that and her possible return for a character M&G.

Aulani in Hawaii has, or is getting, a strong Moana presence from what I understand. So far I haven't heard anything about MK :(

There is a section of the new fireworks show dedicated to Moana.

I hope that is the extent of it. I thought Moana was a strange movie, and I don't need Disney clubbing me over the head with it for the next few years.

There is a section of the new fireworks show dedicated to Moana.

I hope that is the extent of it. I thought Moana was a strange movie, and I don't need Disney clubbing me over the head with it for the next few years.

strange how?

I think it would be awesome to have the Spirit of Aloha redone to include Moana. I have no vision of how that would work, but the current version of the show is lame, except for the fire dancers.

And Disney won't be clubbing us over the head with Moana. Moana is here to stay. I loved that movie-- the plot, the theme, the message, the animation, the music. So did my teenagers, both son and daughter. So did my fifth grade students.

strange how?

Well, the crab scene comes to mind. And the weird Coconut pirates. And the Australian accents. And the main song happening like 15 min into the story. And the plot line full of holes. Like, why did Moana go through all that mess just to pack up everyone and voyage to a new island at the end? Wasn't the whole point to restore life to the islands so her people would survive? That happened. So why move? I have more beefs with the unnecessary and somewhat ridiculous songs. I mean, a song about how they use all the parts of a coconut? Really? It was just songs for the sake of songs. They didn't really move the story along at all. I'm not a huge fan of Lin Manuel...maybe that is part of it. The song tempos and lyrics were too fast that I couldn't understand what they were saying. Besides the main song, none of the rest were memorable and I felt they were annoying to listen to.

I just thought it felt slapped together.

Ahem. NEW ZEALAND accents, wash your mouth out! Oh and Pacific Island accents!

I am guessing though, from the comment about the coconut song, and why they moved islands, that you didn't get the whole movie, which is totally fine. Possibly it needs some understanding of the history and culture of the islands to get, because that is how I have been raised and is part of the culture of my country, I love the movie so much.

Well, the crab scene comes to mind. And the weird Coconut pirates. And the Australian accents. And the main song happening like 15 min into the story. And the plot line full of holes. Like, why did Moana go through all that mess just to pack up everyone and voyage to a new island at the end? Wasn't the whole point to restore life to the islands so her people would survive? That happened. So why move? I have more beefs with the unnecessary and somewhat ridiculous songs. I mean, a song about how they use all the parts of a coconut? Really? It was just songs for the sake of songs. They didn't really move the story along at all. I'm not a huge fan of Lin Manuel...maybe that is part of it. The song tempos and lyrics were too fast that I couldn't understand what they were saying. Besides the main song, none of the rest were memorable and I felt they were annoying to listen to.

Well I at least agreed with the crab part the first time I saw it. Now that I've seen it again it has kind of grown on me.

I got the message. I just wasn't enthralled with the movie. I majored in English with a minor in English Literature. I totally "get" themes, story arcs, messages, etc. I understand what they were conveying, but I thought it was done in a bizarre and, frankly, condescending way.

You kinda put all my thoughts into one post. I also thought that the songs were not really all that memorable, and the whole movie was very disjointed. A lot of things about it were bizarre and funny (I mean, the coconut pirates were just out of left field, but it really did seem like someone was on drugs when they wrote down all the ideas), but it seems like I would need to watch 3-4 times to digest the whole thing, and that's maybe something you do for a movie with a real in depth plot twist, but not for an children's movie. It felt like they were just throwing stuff at me left and right.

funny, my family including 2 daughters (9 and 7) love the movie Moana. I do as well, and it gets better billing than Frozen in our house. We actually think the songs in the movie are the best collection of songs in recent disney movie history. I know we arent alone in this thought, and i am sure with the 55 minute wait times at the HS Moana meet and greet at 10am, the popularity for additional WDW presence is there.

Best part is, it is a big park, if you dont like it, there is always something fun to do elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!