MNSSHP Rain???

hockey_gal

Earning My Ears
Hi there, my family will be in WDW Oct 3 - 10. We go to the MNSSHP on Tues the 6th. I keep looking at weather and it is showing rain. I realize it is a ways out, but I am getting nervous that we will be rained on the whole time. Any advice from peeps who've been there to the party and parks in the rain?

Hi there, my family will be in WDW Oct 3 - 10. We go to the MNSSHP on Tues the 6th. I keep looking at weather and it is showing rain. I realize it is a ways out, but I am getting nervous that we will be rained on the whole time. Any advice from peeps who've been there to the party and parks in the rain?

Definitely too early.

That said, rain can put a damper on parties so you need to be prepared for things to change. While the fireworks will almost certainly still go off (but possibly delayed), the parade and character M&Gs are impacted with rain. The parade will be delayed if not canceled in even the lightest of rains (wet pavements make it hazardous to the performers), and characters will move inside to locations that may be difficult to find. If it's a huge fail to you at the end of the night, you can stop by Guest Relations on your way out and make your thoughts known--in more severe conditions they have been known to try to make things right.

My DH and I went one year when it rained. It wasn't a downpour or anything but enough to get a poncho. It rained a good chunk of the party but was clear for the parade and fireworks then started back up. We didn't enjoy it as much obviously it was still pretty fun.

One thing to consider, if its raining the characters that meet outside will be moved to a sheltered area, so if you are into characters, you might have to look and ask around where they are.

Do bring a poncho or umbrella. Last year I went to a party that rained half the time. They moved characters and some were not easy to find, the parade got a tiny bit delayed but they proceeded with very light rain. I believe they cancel if there's lighting. The characters that walk had clear umbrellas and if I'm not mistaken the ones that do choreography on the floor just roamed around. But I can tell you, while I'm no fan of getting wet in the rain, it was a lot of fun! It even seemed that people just left and it definitely cooled the night down.

I think I might have been at the same party with PP. It rained long enough that after a few hours, many with kids in costume just disappeared and left. I remember talking to a few people at the resort the next day and they all stopped at guest relations looking for a refund and all got it or a new ticket for the next night the party was on. They did move trick or treating and characters under a roof somewhere nearby but again you had to hunt them down and was interesting.

We were at the party on Friday evening and it rained off and on from 7-12. Downpour for periods of time. Stage show was delayed (not sure if it ever happened?), but Fireworks went off during a light rain/sprinkle. Late parade happened on schedule just as the rain let up, but ground was very wet. It wasn't as awesome as it could have been, but still very fun. We aren't character crazy, but the dwarfs/snow white were not in their usual outdoor meeting place. Not sure about the others.

Dont leave your ponchos on the room - like we did. Last year at the Christmas Party it DOWNPOURED for about 2 hours. Was miserable.

We went to a MNSSHP & it was drizzling or raining hard almost the whole time. The fireworks went on as planned, the parade was only missing the Headless Horseman since we were told the horse might slip, but the most disappointing thing was that we had Photo Pass but since it was raining they were not able to take any outdoor pictures so we did not get any of the extra Magic shots. There was a person there to take pictures with your camera so we did get pictures with all 7 Dwarfs & some of the other characters. We heard later that if you went to guest services that they were refunding people the ticket price, but you had to go that same night. This all being said we still had a good time & the CMs on the candy trails were quite generous. This was back in September of 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter