MK trip report: 27 rides & 30k steps

dkbnyc

Mouseketeer
Here's a MK report showing how much you can get done when crowds are low

I'm no writer so this is long on content and short on humor.

We (me and 2 teen daughters,14 & 17) went to MK on Wednesday. Aug 31st. We stayed at Saratoga Springs resort and had early entry as well as extra evening hours until 1am.
I bought Genie + and also used Touring Plans. Because I used both I was on my phone all day long. At the end of the night I realized that we had ridden a ton of rides, but didn't sit and take in much of the experience if you know what I mean. We like to cram in a many rides as possible and let our bodies pay for it later.

Following TP we were going to RD Buzz, but it was out of service. We pivoted and went to Space Mountain (1). I've come to the conclusion I dont enjoy Space, I tolerate it.
Buzz (2) was now operational.
Made our way back to Barnstormer 2x (3,4)
Rode Ariel(5) and crossed the park for Aladdin (6)

The kids wanted a Dole Whip but it was only 9:45 and they didn't open until 10.
We rode Splash Mtn (7) and BTMRR(8).
Now its time for that Dole Whip.
Rode Pirates (9) and then Jungle Cruise (10) using G+ w/ 11:25 return window.
Back to Splash(11) G+ w/ 11:50 return window.

Lunch at 1:05 at Skipper's Canteen
Haunted Mansion (12)G+ w/ 1:40 return window.
Haunted mansion (13) for a 2nd time.
We accidentally caught the 3pm parade on the way to a popcorn refill.
Did some very quick shopping on Main Street on way out.

We waited 10min for bus, left at 4:05
We're the last drop off and back in our room by 4:30
We must have had some dinner at the resort, I honestly can't remember,
and went back to park at 720

Started with the can't miss Carousel of Progress(14). My kids love this one.
Walked around to Peter Pan(15) G+ w/7:20 window then Pooh(16) G+ w/8:05 window.
Small World(17), was a walk on at 8:24

I really really wanted to see the fireworks at 9. We found a not great spot on the bridge to Tomorrowland. My kids were really really not interested and complained like the teenage girls they are. Lucky for them it started to rain and we hopped into Laugh Floor(18). It was really raining but I could hear the fireworks during the show.
Still raining we popped next door to Buzz(19). Rain has now stopped, but the area around People Mover(20) was flooded. We tip toed over at 9:30

I had planned on skipping TL Speedway(21) but my 17yo had said she wanted to ride it when we passed by in the morning. I eventually got G+ for it, but it goes down when it rains so my pass was canceled and I was reissued a replacement. This worked out fine. Ride re-opened and wait time was very short.

Watched Philharmagic(22) and then back to BTMRR(23) G+ w/ 9:45 return time. It was likely a walk on at this point.
Rode Splash(24), using the replacement G+ pass, but was a walk on and is was not needed. Our ride finished right at 11. Not realizing they didn't stay open for extra evening hours, I asked if we could ride again, but they said no.

After 11pm-
Country Bear Jamboree(25)
Dole whip break
Tiki Room(26)
7D (27)
Casey's for corn dog nuggets
Bus at 107am.
30k steps

I had planned to do a second slower day at MK without Genie + on Friday (party day) but we felt like we got our fill of the rides and decided to do a 2nd day at DHS instead.

Well done and thank you for sharing. I am a TP ‘believer’ too, but I understand what you mean about not looking around and taking everything in. It wasn’t until we bought APs that we felt it was okay to slow down, people watch and look around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter