Understandable, it's just that sometimes those don't get posted as early as other things. I would probably hold out for the after party so that you can maximize your time pre-fireworks (especially if it's a night without a Halloween party). At least if you're waiting a bit, you can see how the reviews come in. I'm considering booking the later party but since we'd be attending one of the first few I'm a bit apprehensive.

Yeah, we actually like the idea of the after party as it will allow the crowd to clear after the fireworks :) We are offsite for our second week (UK visitors) and would like to do the party on an EMH night just because that works with our other plans. Plus with the Halloween parties there are less normal nights to watch the fireworks....

My own guess is that the menu will be the same for all 3. They can describe the new menu on the new party since it doesn't start until the 28th. The other parties are still being held with the old menu through the 27th, so they didn't want to change the verbage there yet or they'd have people asking where the eggrolls were.

Nope! That was my original plan as well come this July.

For you veterans out there...can you please elaborate on how some garden spots have so much better viewing than others? I'm trying to picture it but having a hard time as it seems to be in a fairly condensed area so seems all views would all be similar (minus the tall guy or child on shoulders scenario which could happen anywhere in the garden, i suppose). If the front railing was a good spot, I would be able to understand that, but I keep reading those are not the best spots anyway? Any clarification would be much appreciated! Thanks:-)

The spots closer to Main Street are going to offer a more centered view. I'm planning to bring a tripod and photograph from the back lefthand side, and I'll be looking for one without a pole dead center on the castle. So I'm guessing I need to get into that section fairly early. And that's why I'm not excited that 49 other people could potentially be let in ahead of me.

It was from a few screenshots of a couple of the website blurbs from Josh’s review 7/2017 - https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-review-at-magic-kingdom/

I’m not sure exactly when they changed website language. It feels to me it was before this latest dust up, but I’m not sure about that. Mental note to start taking screenshots of these things. :-)

I think that it said standing room only last September when we went, but I can't guarantee that I'm right on that.

This might be old news and I missed it, but just FYI, I noticed the “Happy HalloWishes” dessert party pages on Disney’s website are now up:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...happy-hallowishes-dessert-package-plaza-view/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

They don’t appear to be bookable as no dates are “blue” yet, but that likely will change soon.

Interestingly, the Tomorrowland Terrace version page references parade viewing. Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
This might be old news and I missed it, but just FYI, I noticed the “Happy HalloWishes” dessert party pages on Disney’s website are now up:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...happy-hallowishes-dessert-package-plaza-view/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

They don’t appear to be bookable as no dates are “blue” yet, but that likely will change soon.

Interestingly, the Tomorrowland Terrace version page references parade viewing. Hmmmmm....
Yeah, it showed up a couple of days ago. I think everyone was discussing it in the MNSSHP thread. It appears there is parade and fireworks viewing with the Terrace party, and fireworks viewing only with the Plaza Garden party. :)

Yeah, it showed up a couple of days ago. I think everyone was discussing it in the MNSSHP thread. It appears there is parade and fireworks viewing with the Terrace party, and fireworks viewing only with the Plaza Garden party. :)

Ahh, got it, thanks. I have a mental block on that thread until at least August! :rotfl:

I'll be looking forward to the update after tomorrow's parties. I booked the before garden party as a surprise for DD, so I'm going to be disappointed and DH will be pretty ticked if we're crowded in like sardines. I emailed guest services and they called me to discuss it the other day and they told me they reduced the number of spots that will be available for both parties so that no one is crowded in. I'm skeptical at best. I asked them to put it on record that I'm disappointed and will be reporting back if it is crowded.

Has anyone been able to book the After Fireworks HEA Dessert Party online? I read on another site online booking should have been available as of 5/24 but when I tried to book (for Sept.) it says $0 amount due and then says to call Disney Dining as the reservation errors out.

I'll be looking forward to the update after tomorrow's parties. I booked the before garden party as a surprise for DD, so I'm going to be disappointed and DH will be pretty ticked if we're crowded in like sardines. I emailed guest services and they called me to discuss it the other day and they told me they reduced the number of spots that will be available for both parties so that no one is crowded in. I'm skeptical at best. I asked them to put it on record that I'm disappointed and will be reporting back if it is crowded.

Yea I haven’t changed mine yet. I personally don’t really want to cause I’m beat after the fireworks. I don’t wanna really eat after it. Plus it’s extra magic hours the night I’m doing it.

I’m gonna wait to see how it goes down before I consider a change

Has anyone been able to book the After Fireworks HEA Dessert Party online? I read on another site online booking should have been available as of 5/24 but when I tried to book (for Sept.) it says $0 amount due and then says to call Disney Dining as the reservation errors out.

I’ve been trying to book mine for early Sept and I’m getting the exact same message!

I haven't been able to book the After Party online either.

I was thinking to switch our Before-Party in August to the After-Party. We're usually not that hungry by 8 pm anyway, so I thought after might be better. Then I kind of lost interest when the website didn't work lol.

So I think I'll wait until the reviews of the After-Party come back. I'm not worried about it selling out too quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter